Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The trade wasn't intended to make us better this year ;)

Of course it was. The players that left were leaving anyway at the end of the season. It gave us Nene and got rid of the two clowns that were hurting little Johnny Wall's development. Once he gets shooters and a star big man he'll be ready to learn how to finish at the rim and play defense. You'll see!

im sorry... which year is it supposed to make us good?

Rebuilding the Wizards is a 3-5 year process. We don't have Lebron on the team.

---------- Post added March-26th-2012 at 11:20 PM ----------

Of course it was. The players that left were leaving anyway at the end of the season. It gave us Nene and got rid of the two clowns that were hurting little Johnny Wall's development. Once he gets shooters and a star big man he'll be ready to learn how to finish at the rim and play defense. You'll see!

I agree with you.

Out with the clowns, out with the poison. Time for a real GM to try and build a real team. Nene is a nice pickup. But we aren't going to win many games this year.

You are all fooling yourselves if you think getting rid of the "knuckleheads" is going to make any difference.

This franchise is absolutely abysmal talent wise. It will stay just like this because of the culture they've developed.

Answer me this: who is the leader of this team?

It's not John Wall. I can tell you that at least.

This team is lacking in everything: leadership, coaching, front office, talent. You name it, they don't have it.

Adding Nene is such a typical fluff move.

Then what starts? We are still putting out garbage day in and day out. There was a time on the court today that Wall was surrounded by Seraphin, Vesely, Cook, and Singleton! Awful. Its wishful thinking that Nene wont be injured alot. This is washington. We could have let McGee walk and kept the cap space for someone like say Josh Smith next season. Or possibly resigned him for cheaper than Nene. If it werent for the bad rap that was given to mcgee by our media and coaches, he might have had some success. But we made sure he was worth almost nothing, and wanted nothing to do with staying here. What happens next season? We get lucky in the draft? Not likely. The only reason we lucked into Wall in the first place was because Polin died. How have we accumulated a team with 1 scoring option. One! And that man is Jordan Crawford. hahaha. I like Crawford, but he should be the first guy off the bench. We have so many holes on this team that he has to be the starter.

If it werent for the bad rap that was given to mcgee by our media and coaches' date=' he might have had some success. But we made sure he was worth almost nothing, and wanted nothing to do with staying here.[/quote']

This is the thing that irritates me the most. We completely destroyed his value. He was easily the 2nd most talented player on our team, and a very productive NBA center. Yet we treated him like complete garbage.

We simply don't know how to manage talent. It is why we are a third rate franchise.

Edited by No Excuses