Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Let's consider who we're talking about. LOL. What Javale did last night is his M.O. We've seen this before from him...only this time he had success.

Right... and he should always be able to score in that situation. You aren't getting it, it's not the attempt that was ever the problem. The problem was that he was unable to convert on that play, that is why people wanted him to stop trying it. A center in that situation should score EASILY. It's a tiny guard standing by the rim against a 7 footer with no help anywhere to be found.

Edited by Destino

Right... and he should always be able to score in that situation. You aren't getting it, it's not the attempt that was ever the problem. The problem was that he was unable to convert on that play that was the problem, that is why people wanted him to stop trying it. A center in that situation should score EASILY.

What situation are you talking about? He took the ball from the opposing 3pt line. A center taking the ball at the top of the key at his own end...sure, I'll give you that. But what McGee did last night, worked, but it's also the reason why he drew the ire of his coaches, teammates, media, and fans here in DC. What he did is 100000% out of the norm for a 5. Let's not pretend like this was a routine play. It wasn't. Like I said. He was successful last night, but if Calderon establishes position outside of the restricted area, we're laughing at him again and he's one of the stories on PTI.

Edited by RonArtest15

What situation are you talking about? He took the ball from the opposing 3pt line. A center taking the ball at the top of the key at his own end...sure, I'll give you that. But what McGee did last night, worked, but it's also the reason why he drew the ire of his coaches, teammates, media, and fans here in DC. What he did is 100000% out of the norm for a 5. Let's not pretend like this was a routine play. It wasn't. Like I said. He was successful last night, but if Calderon establishes position outside of the restricted area, we're laughing at him again and he's one of the stories on PTI.

The steal came on a tipped forward ball ahead of everyone but the point guard. An athletic big has to be able to score in that situation. Perkins might not be able to but certainly any big that actually knows how to score and is athletic enough to run should convert easily. That's a HUGE mismatch.

Edited by Destino

I hope Vesely can have a Gordon Hayward type of turnaround in his soph year....

Hayward was a pretty decent offensive threat in college. Vesely has *never been even mistaken as a threat on offense. People dont even guard him. There is no point, he couldnt make the shot no matter how open he is.

And John Wall bungles another play in crunch time.

---------- Post added March-29th-2012 at 09:31 PM ----------

Jordan Crawford, I'm not sure what to say about this man.

He just made 3 ridiculously bad decisions in less than a 2 minute span in the 4th quarter.

Not a fan of the off balance fading three with plenty of shot clock left?

And John Wall bungles another play in crunch time.

---------- Post added March-29th-2012 at 09:31 PM ----------

Not a fan of the off balance fading three with plenty of shot clock left?

It was the kind a shot a man takes when he knows his streak of 20pt games is in jeopardy.

He hit a big shot after we hated on him though. Seems like our defense improved and our offense got worse after the trade.

That makes sense. Since Nene arrived, we've tried be more of a half court team, feeding him in the post. Of course we have no shooters, so it makes running any kind of half court offense almost futile.

man perfect offseason, sign Batum and draft anthony davis

team is a lot better with nene

Fire Grunfeld is the number 1 priority. Find a GM that knows how to build winners and is going to work his butt off, then pay him whatever it takes to come here.

Accountability is the #1 thing missing on this team. From the owner, to the GM, to the coaches and to the players.

But it starts from the top of the chain. Owner has to be held accountable for basically inheriting Abe's team and doing absolutely nothing about changing the culture of mediocrity and losing.

This team should have done a complete nuke of the establishment, sort of what happened when Shanahan and Bruce Allen took over. Complete change of culture.

Get this GM out, get these coaches out. Keep the players, We have talented guys who need guidance, but most of all need to be held accountable. There is absolutely no way Wall can come into next season with such a putrid jumpshot.

If Crawford was a top ten draft pick of ours would we feel the worse, better, or the same as we currently do about him? He's another second year guard.

I think he is a great example of our coaching and culture. He's been given the green light and there are no repercussions for taking crazy shots. Personally I think he's got potential as a combo guard that would fit in a three guard rotation.

Edited by Destino