Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Come on Sully. You can't foul on that shot and you need to make both FTs.

He has been big this 2nd half.

I can't wait to see TROB againest the UNC front tommorow. Barnes has to play big tommorow. Then Sully againest TRob or the Carolina front.

Terrific game from Sully tonight. 19 & 7 and his impact isn't fully demonstrated by the numbers because he sat so much in the first half.

I've been tough on Sully but I will say this, if he's who we have to "settle" for in the draft, then that's an amazing consolation prize.

He's going to be a terrific offensive player. He got doubled every single time he touched the ball just about and just bullied everyone around. He handles the double team much better than TRob does truth be told. And he's a winner plain and simple, which should never be underestimated. All of Sully's teams have gone on to do great things with him being the featured player. OSU making the elite 8 and the final 4 in his two years is awesome. Not many players can boast about leading their teams to that kind of success.

He has been big this 2nd half.

I can't wait to see TROB againest the UNC front tommorow. Barnes has to play big tommorow. Then Sully againest TRob or the Carolina front.

I think TRob and Withey will be able to push Henson and Zeller around, they're really skinny. But I also think Henson's length will bother TRob some and they're going to be able to double TRob and completely shut down Kansas's offense. Tyshawn Taylor wasn't good last game. They don't have a back court that can punish a team for loading up on TRob.

But UNC is clearly out of sorts without Kendall Marshall running the show. It should be a good game.

I'd love to see TRob versus Sully in the final four. They might not be matched up though. It looks like OSU plays Sully mostly at center and TRob plays mostly PF.

Yeah. I think Davis and Beal have that kind of motor and drive too. Barnes, I don't know. Henson has more of a star's mentality than Barnes does.

Davis was really a nobody recruit and didn't explode until the growth spurt his Senior year. But when you watch him play, he acts like he's used to being the most talented player on the court his whole life.

Good to see some people getting beyond skillset and athleticism, and are also looking at personality, heart, desire and what's between a player's ears. Been preaching it for years now. It's why I was so far ahead (undeniable) on Blatche being a bum and Lebron being a douche and NOT a champion, why I had given up on Javale so strongly (it's coming) and my whole obsession with the "clown culture". In the past, SOMETIMES with SOME people, I felt like we were discussing players' NBA2K ratings. So much more to this beside a player's natural physical ability. That's why Jordan has six rings and Vince Carter is on his fifth team.

Anyway, to tonight's game: I know I'm not the only one who watched who just KNEW that they were going to lose. I visiting my father and watching it with him. He was a huge Bullets fan back in the day but doesn't watch too much anymore (I don't blame him). I kept telling him all game that we'd find a way to lose. He couldn't believe it when it happened. Lol, the life of a Wizards fan. It'll be fun when we expect losses and they win instead. I think it's coming.

Also, on a sidenote, he made a decent point about Nene. He was saying that this is a huge opportunity for Nene. For the first time in his career he's really THE guy on a team. This is his chance to be a star. I think he's the type of guy who will take advantage of an opportunity like that.

Oh and Des, you can't pull Wall out of the end of that game. Even if Mack has a better shot, pulling out your young, up-and-coming star PG would create such an epic ****storm, and God only knows what it would do to his attitude and psyche. Just not worth it. Even if it actually decreases our chance of winning (a meaningless game), give him the chance to win it for us and build on it.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Wall shouldn't have been pulled, but either Mason or Crawford should have taken that shot. Hell even Singleton was a better option. Wall can't shoot threes yet and he only ever takes them at the end of the shot clock when our plays don't work. Mason and Crawford are solid three point shooters. The Ball should have been in their hands to end.

Agreed, no way Wall should have been pulled, but no way Wall should have been taking the last shot. Wish they would have ran a good play to find Roger Mason for an open look. Oh well, they're still learning.

This is where Wittman is at his worst. He is clearly not anything close to being a "X's & O's" kind of coach. We run the most generic sets imaginable, whether they're working or not, and in crunch time he can't adjust.

Edited by StillUnknown

Looks like they did run a play for Mason but the Hawks covered it well.

My real problem is with Jordan Crawford. Does Wittman not tell this guy to stop jacking up shots with 19 seconds left on the clock? Everything he does on the court is 100x stupider than anything McGee and Young did.

Edited by No Excuses

Looks like they did run a play for Mason but the Hawks covered it well.

My real problem is with Jordan Crawford. Does Wittman not tell this guy to stop jacking up shots with 19 seconds left on the clock? Everything he does on the court is 100x stupider than anything McGee and Young did.

Yeah when he threw up that horrible shot on the second to last possession I almost punted my tv out the window. I think Jordan brings a lot of good things to the table but he needs to be smarter in crunch time.

Yeah when he threw up that horrible shot on the second to last possession I almost punted my tv out the window. I think Jordan brings a lot of good things to the table but he needs to be smarter in crunch time.

Which is why next year when he's moved to 6th man he'll be a ton more effective IMO. he's a Jamal Crawford type player who can thrive on coming off the bench and providing a spark that the team needs

WTF does Calipari have Davis playing for he is clearly limping.

Another thing that sucks is I read Beal measured 6-3 in shoes so he is probably 6-2 if that. Probably not a big deal but it will hurt his stock alittle I think he ends up in the 5-8 range on draft day.

WTF does Calipari have Davis playing for he is clearly limping.

Another thing that sucks is I read Beal measured 6-3 in shoes so he is probably 6-2 if that. Probably not a big deal but it will hurt his stock alittle I think he ends up in the 5-8 range on draft day.

DX says he's a legit 6'4. Jonathan Givony has talked to him in person.

Very glad Davis wasn't hurt on that spill.

---------- Post added March-25th-2012 at 05:13 PM ----------

I'm loving this TRob/Henson matchup

---------- Post added March-25th-2012 at 05:20 PM ----------

Withey on the bench is problem for Kansas. TRob is too small to defend Zeller, but he is taking advantage of Zeller's lack of quickness on offense.