Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Barnes is not a ball handler. he can't create his own shot. Thats why putting him with Wall would be deadly.

I don't think the first part of your statement translates into anything positive.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 10:07 PM ----------

Barnes feels like UNC's third or fourth best player every time I watch him. It's getting to the point where I'd rather just trade back into the mid to late first and take Adonis Thomas or Quincy Miller instead of Barnes in the top five.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 10:10 PM ----------

Davis can't shoot eh?

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 10:11 PM ----------

Beautiful pass from Davis.

Indiana is losing their poise.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 10:23 PM ----------

Wiltjer is an absolute dead eye.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 10:30 PM ----------

Terrence Jones is going to make some team in the late lottery really happy.

This game is going to be kind of a let down if both Anthony Davis and Cody Zeller sit the first half.

Indiana is losing their poise.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 10:23 PM ----------

Wiltjer is an absolute dead eye.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 10:30 PM ----------

Terrence Jones is going to make some team in the late lottery really happy.

This game is going to be kind of a let down if both Anthony Davis and Cody Zeller sit the first half.

I was looking forward to seeing Davis vs. Zeller, but the foul situation put a stop to that.

I was looking forward to seeing Davis vs. Zeller, but the foul situation put a stop to that.

What is alarming is that every analyst said that Davis would be in foul trouble quickly and he is.

Edited by Destino

Yeah two fouls on Zeller in four seconds for Zeller. Ouch. Indiana put him back in though. This guy could be a top five pick next year.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 10:44 PM ----------

Wouldn't be as alarming if every analyst hadn't said that Davis would be in foul trouble quickly.

Davis doesn't foul much. This is unusual.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 10:50 PM ----------

Not a good shot from MKG. Really impressed with Indiana's ball movement so far. They look like the better coached team.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 10:53 PM ----------

Withey is an absolutely nasty defender.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 10:57 PM ----------

Kentucky needs Davis bad.

He plays what, four or five minutes and gets 2 boards, 2 blocks, 2 points and an assist and they get off to a huge start, but since then they've let Indiana seize the momentum.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 10:58 PM ----------

Terrible foul call on Terrence Jones. That was a BEAUTIFUL block.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 11:00 PM ----------

Robinson has had a slow start offensively but man he's showing off what an amazing rebounder he is. Huge hands and long arms and he boxes out so easily.

If Kansas wins this game, Robinson and Withey are going to eat UNC's skinny front court alive.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 11:04 PM ----------

Robinson's base is huge. He squares his feet and takes up so much space and he's a rock. I really like his game. He's a surprisingly good ball handler too.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 11:05 PM ----------

MKG really battled and got back into the game after a poor start. You knew it was only a matter of time before he got involved.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 11:07 PM ----------

Robinson has 7 boards in with 7 minutes left in the first. Withey had 6 blocks in 10 minutes.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 11:15 PM ----------

N.C. State is doing a really good job defending Robinson. He looks a little confused by the constant double team. He's passing out of it but he's taking a while to do it.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 11:34 PM ----------

MKG is so good getting to the rim and finishing. He looks like a potential star.

Right now, its Davis/MKG/Beal/Robinson, if they all declare and we get a top 4 pick, I''m a happy camper. Until EG drafts a rising euro big at 4.

I was for Barnes and Lamb but as each game goes on, the less I am impressed.

Edited by SuperBash

Lol.

*Davis dribbles the ball across halfcourt with no defender within 10 feet of him*

Announcer: "Davis showing you the ball skills he possesses. With that significant growth sport that took him from a 6'3", 6'4" guard."

Jesus Christ...

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Lol.

*Davis dribbles the ball across halfcourt with no defender within 10 feet of him*

Announcer: "Davis showing the ball skills he has."

Jesus Christ...

But does he have a spin move fade away? That move should be known as "the wizard"

im not either just remembering Blatche being said to have ball skills early on. :)

Ah, lol. My bad. I just glanced over your post and didn't catch your reference.

Yeah, a spin-move fadaway doesn't really work unless your 15 feet from the basket. I don't think Davis has that range :)

Watford is having the game of his life.

I'm going to say it, MKG has a little bit of D Wade in him.

---------- Post added March-24th-2012 at 12:04 AM ----------

Robinson isn't managing the constant double team well. He's an amazing rebounder though. Terrific instincts, length, hands, and strength. That's going to translate to the NBA.

He's a pure PF, not a tweener.

Des, you know who really used to kill me? Caron. At the end. I don't know if he was hurt or had lost athleticism or if he just didn't give a **** anymore, but he used to get the ball at the 3-point line, go between his legs about three times, never moving forward, never making his defender move and then he would just pull up and throw up a 3. God that used to kill me. I seriously started to hate him.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Watford is having the game of his life.

I'm going to say it, MKG has a little bit of D Wade in him.

---------- Post added March-24th-2012 at 12:04 AM ----------

Robinson isn't managing the constant double team well. He's an amazing rebounder though. Terrific instincts, length, hands, and strength. That's going to translate to the NBA.

He's a pure PF, not a tweener.

6/12 isn't exactly struggling either. If his team mates could hit an open shot the double team wouldn't be working.

Can MKG play shooting guard? :)

---------- Post added March-24th-2012 at 12:08 AM ----------

Des, you know who really used to kill me? Caron. At the end. I don't know if he was hurt or had lost athleticism or if he just didn't give a **** anymore, but he used to get the ball at the 3-point line, go between his legs about three times, never moving forward, never making his defender move and then he would just pull up and throw up a 3. God that used to kill me. I seriously started to hate him.

That's my one on one move on the black top! Get your defender to bend down so you can jack up a shot over them when you're too tired to run around anymore.

Robinson and Withey are just so relentless on the offensive glass. That's a good front court duo. I think they can match anyone else in the country in quality.

---------- Post added March-24th-2012 at 12:18 AM ----------

6/12 isn't exactly struggling either. If his team mates could hit an open shot the double team wouldn't be working.

Can MKG play shooting guard? :)

Yeah probably.

I've seen Pippen talk surrounding MKG in terms of his ability to do it all. MKG is an alpha player though. Point forward naturally, but definitely has some SG ability. Maybe some Joe Johnson in that regard?

He'll need to develop his mid range game though.

---------- Post added March-24th-2012 at 12:20 AM ----------

Kentucky has only missed two FTs. Why does Indiana keep fouling? Better off letting them just shoot.

---------- Post added March-24th-2012 at 12:24 AM ----------

Meh, that was probably a charge. Definitely wasn't a block. His feet were completely set.

---------- Post added March-24th-2012 at 12:28 AM ----------

C.J. Leslie has some really nice scoring instincts and good footwork and touch around the basket.