Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Those kind of shots by Crawford are just pointless.

He defends himself better than opposing players.

No one else from the bench will take shots. They need to attack the rim and funnel the ball inside to Seraphin.

---------- Post added March-22nd-2012 at 07:56 PM ----------

Crawford has had an outstanding game so far. I don't get the criticism. One bad 3 point selection?

No one else from the bench will take shots. They need to attack the rim and funnel the ball inside to Seraphin.

I was referring to the extra long 3pt he took when there was still 12-14 seconds left on the shot clock.

He eliminates his talents when he starts jacking shots like that.

I'm loving what I'm seeing from Singleton tonight. I mean, I'm loving this game through and through, but its nice to see some of Singleton's shots falling as well.

The last week or so, his spot up jumper has been solid. He still gets in to trouble when he's forced to go off the dribble, but he's developing in that "3 & D" guy people thought he could be.

Wall's jumper is developing for sure. He's been nailing them the past few weeks and is getting effective pulling up at the top of the key, stepping back, and fading away. It's actually a pretty good shot with nice form.

But on the flip side of that, I feel like he's shooting jumpers a little too much now and needs to also continue attacking the rim. I understand guys are still playing well off of him, but when he's coming off screens he's getting space to attack. I want him getting to the rim and drawing fouls and creating room for our shooters.

That may have been the best quarter of basketball from the Wizards this season.

make that the best half!

---------- Post added March-22nd-2012 at 08:10 PM ----------

The last week or so, his spot up jumper has been solid. He still gets in to trouble when he's forced to go off the dribble, but he's developing in that "3 & D" guy people thought he could be.

I may have to do some research, but this may be the first time I've seen him in double digits as far as points. He's not showing up otherwise on the stat sheet, but he's playing very active.

---------- Post added March-22nd-2012 at 08:11 PM ----------

I'd like to see a Seraphin/Nene front court.

then what happens to Booker?

Also, both the Nets and Pacers have been playing us hard. They've been fouling a ton and daring the refs to stop them. Teams come into our games expecting to be able to push us around. They expect an easy win where they can impose their will on us. **** that. Last night and tonight we're showing we won't be pushed around any more.

Our identity is completely different without JaVale, Nick, and Blatche.

---------- Post added March-22nd-2012 at 08:13 PM ----------

If you can't get Anthony Davis I'd be more than happy adding Gilchrist to this team he's going to be a very good NBA player

I'm thinking New Orleans is winning the lottery this year. Think about it. America's darling city where pro basketball is at risk, owned by the NBA, desperately needs a face of the franchise to put butts in the seats.

---------- Post added March-22nd-2012 at 08:16 PM ----------

I think we close out the year playing .500 ball.

Indiana is a good team. We're creaming them, taking away what they like to do best, and shutting down their star player.

Also... until we can string together 3 wins in a row' date=' i dont believe much has changed. Of our last 4 games that we have won, 3 of them were Cleveland, New Orleans, and now New Jersey. All three of those teams are terrible.[/quote']

I'm with you here. I'm tired of cheering for good effort. I want there to be a craze around DC winning games for a change. I want to remember what its like to go on a winning streak, and two games is not a streak. I've been impressed by good performances before (this season), but the question is can this team win games? Until we can do that, its all just a whole lot of nothing

I think we close out the year playing .500 ball.

Indiana is a good team. We're creaming them, taking away what they like to do best, and shutting down their star player.

I'd be more than happy closing out the year with .500 ball. It would give me some hope going into next year, but it would also remind me of last year when we closed strong and it didn't carry over.

But hopefully guys like Singleton and Vesely can develop their offensive games and become more dependable players.

I like Mason. If we don't draft a two guard with our lotto pick, we should keep Mason. He can be a catalyst off the bench. The second line needs a confident long range shooter, someone who can come off screens and drain shots. The second line moves the ball about as well as the starters do.