Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Kirilenko is a 31 percent 3-point shooter; Vesely has never taken a three point shot. Is he going to suddenly teach himself to shoot long range jumpers one summer? Isn't that something you enter the league with?

You can learn how to shoot.

So Laron Profit was just on 980. They asked him about Anthony Davis. He said that Davis really, really reminded him of... Marcus Camby at UMass.

You can learn how to shoot.

So Laron Profit was just on 980. They asked him about Anthony Davis. He said that Davis really, really reminded him of... Marcus Camby at UMass.

Sure there is a lot of similarity. They're lanky, thin jointed bigs with phenomenal defensive and shot blocking skills.

But Davis is more talented and better at just about everything. Camby was a junior when he had the kind of season that Davis is having. Camby was the second overall pick as a junior. If you accept Davis is a rich man's version of him? Clear first overall value.

Sure there is a lot of similarity. They're lanky, thin jointed bigs with phenomenal defensive and shot blocking skills.

But Davis is more talented and better at just about everything. Camby was a junior when he had the kind of season that Davis is having. Camby was the second overall pick as a junior. If you accept Davis is a rich man's version of him? Clear first overall value.

Sorry man but that's a bogus argument. The college talent level isn't always the same. All draft classes aren't equal. And times have changed.

Sorry man but that's a bogus argument. The college talent level isn't always the same. All draft classes aren't equal. And times have changed.

Talent is talent. Davis is a first overall talent in all but the most ridiculously stacked years.

This year is a stacked class and Davis is the clear consensus first pick.

Looking forward to seeing Nene play. Looking forward to watching Wall play. Lately he's been a breathtaking, must-see spectacle of athleticism. It's getting to the point where I expect to see him do at least three stunningly athletic things a game or I'm a little disappointed.

---------- Post added March-21st-2012 at 07:44 PM ----------

It's going to be hard for Nene to adjust to just how little movement our plays generate on offense.

Wow that was a pretty finish from Wall.

Strong start from Nene so far.

This lineup makes sense to me.

Crawford seems like he's totally coming out of his shell now that NY is gone. He's the confident go to scorer that creates his own shots. I think you can have one of those players feature prominently in your offense and still run a good one.

---------- Post added March-21st-2012 at 07:52 PM ----------

Jordan Crawford shoots the longest 2pt shots possible.

If he backs up a half step, its a 3pt shot.

It annoys the hell out of me.

I'm fine so long as he makes them. He's got his spots and they're difficult ones, but he can be pretty spectacular when he's feeling it.

---------- Post added March-21st-2012 at 07:53 PM ----------

That was awesome Crawford!

Singleton looks uncharacteristically confident on the offensive end tonight.

Ditto Stillunknown. I'm liking Singleton and Crawford too and Wall is his usual self. Booker didn't play poorly by any means, but he's been outshined by some spectacular plays from the others.

---------- Post added March-21st-2012 at 08:02 PM ----------

Deron Williams is so crafty.

---------- Post added March-21st-2012 at 08:03 PM ----------

Nene may lack the freak athleticism that Javale had but he is sooo much better offensively. I am impressed seeing a competent scorer at the center position for once

Better defender too.

---------- Post added March-21st-2012 at 08:05 PM ----------

Nene's PPG numbers could really take off for us. He was a steady 13-14 PPG scorer in Denver but with our scoring vacuum and his skill level, he could really thrive.

Nene, if he stays healthy, is going to make this team so much better. His ability to catch the ball in the post and command a double and his ability to hit a 15 foot jumper is going to be HUGE. I don't know if it will have a gigantic impact on our win/loss just yet, but I can already tell the team looks better.

Nice play. Nice pass from Mack. He's had a slow start though.

---------- Post added March-21st-2012 at 08:28 PM ----------

Second quarter has been just hard to watch offensively. Crawford has the most herky jerky, wild, spindly playing style. He'd be hard to defend.

---------- Post added March-21st-2012 at 08:31 PM ----------

Chippy game. As Wall develops his skills and gets good players around him, he's going to look amazing. You've been hearing that for a while. But I feel like I'm starting to actually see it come together the past few weeks.

---------- Post added March-21st-2012 at 08:34 PM ----------

Crap pair of fouls called on Wall. Charge call was terrible. That dunk was just nasty though.

---------- Post added March-21st-2012 at 08:35 PM ----------

New Jersey is fouling like hell tonight too. Daring the refs to call everything.

---------- Post added March-21st-2012 at 08:39 PM ----------

Surprised they didn't give Avery Johnson a technical for that little tirade. You could hear his colorful language over the broadcast even. The Nets are a ****y team aren't they?

Avery Johnson is a funny dude.

Nene's impact on the team will be more apparent over time. He has a high basketball IQ and seems like the type that can impart some of that knowledge to our younger players, Seraphin & Booker in particular.

Hopefully Nene doesn't play well enough to save Ernie's job.

Edited by StillUnknown

Wall needs to stop picking up his dribble...seriously, no other PG in the league picks of their dribble after taking a high screen like Wall does.

He'll learn playing with Nene.

---------- Post added March-21st-2012 at 09:09 PM ----------

Two sweet pull-up jumpers by Wall. Loving it.