Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I really want to see MKG in a wizards uniform. I honestly want nothing to do with Andre Drummond at all. I question his motor every game

MKG would be my first option after Davis if he had a legit jumper or more of a scorers mentality. Sully with Nene would really open up the floor and Booker would be a super sub. Sully has a very good face up and screen and roll game. Barnes is a very good fit with Wall because of his ability to hit shots and finish on the break but he lacks that scorers mentality as well. I forgot about Thomas I would put him before Lamb and Beal.

I'd love to try to pry Evan Turner away from the 76ers he has been balling lately.

Edited by Samuels

I like Turner. He's really skilled. But I don't think there is a huge difference between him an MKG except for maybe some length and some weight give or take.

MKG's intangibles are supposedly amazing. I'd love to draft that as much as the tangible skill set.

I don't really like Lamb. I don't like that he showed so poorly in key games down the stretch and he's an underachiever. He's a ball stopper and I just don't see a lot of difference between him and Nick Young.

I do really, really like Beal, probably more than I like Barnes. I think his upside is a bit higher because I think he's a better athlete. Plus there is something about the way he plays. He's tough and fiery and super competitive. Barnes is more of a laid back "nice guy" personality.

I would be fine with Barnes but he's probably not in my top five choices right now and I'd need to see him have a really good tourney. He's skilled, high IQ, professional demeanor, mature. I'd say there is some Danny Granger to his game if he was a little more physical, stronger, less lanky. As it is, I see a lot of Luol Deng. I think there is very little chance he becomes a bust. But I think that Robinson, Sully, and some of the freshman have a higher chance of becoming an All Star than him.

This is the wizards' date=' where we can take attractive players and destroy their reputation with ease so they are worth nothing in any trade. I wouldnt hold out hope for Nene should he play less than stellar.[/quote']

Kirk Hinrich

Rasheed was a great player, just immature. I wasn't a fan of his trade, but it was more a "character for non-character" type of trade if I remember. Didn't they trade Rasheed after his rookie season as well?

I don't get why Hamilton was traded either.

I was still just a kid at the time so maybe I'm remembering wrong but I don't think so.

The Rasheed trade was because we also had Webber and Howard on the team. It was a log jam. And we also had no PG. So we decided to go forward with Webber and Howard and flipped Rasheed for our PG (Strick)

The Rip trade was all MJ and his infatuation with the ACC. Stackhouse went to UNC, of all places, end of story.

I like Turner. He's really skilled. But I don't think there is a huge difference between him an MKG except for maybe some length and some weight give or take.

MKG's intangibles are supposedly amazing. I'd love to draft that as much as the tangible skill set.

I don't really like Lamb. I don't like that he showed so poorly in key games down the stretch and he's an underachiever. He's a ball stopper and I just don't see a lot of difference between him and Nick Young.

I do really, really like Beal, probably more than I like Barnes. I think his upside is a bit higher because I think he's a better athlete. Plus there is something about the way he plays. He's tough and fiery and super competitive. Barnes is more of a laid back "nice guy" personality.

I would be fine with Barnes but he's probably not in my top five choices right now and I'd need to see him have a really good tourney. He's skilled, high IQ, professional demeanor, mature. I'd say there is some Danny Granger to his game if he was a little more physical, stronger, less lanky. As it is, I see a lot of Luol Deng. I think there is very little chance he becomes a bust. But I think that Robinson, Sully, and some of the freshman have a higher chance of becoming an All Star than him.

Lamb can play without him last year UConn don't win it. He defends very well with his long arms and wingspan. He can shoot ball, moves very well without it,defends. I think his game translates much better in the NBA then in a slowed down college game.

But we won't draft him because we will pick to high for either guard. MKG has said he was staying in school. Barnes is my favorite if we can't get Davis. His game is perfect with Wall and for a NBA 3. He is another who I think his game projects much better to the NBA.

Our pick will be

Davis

Barnes

Sully

Thomas

OR Drummond and thats our luck EG picks him.

The thing to keep in mind about Sully is that height and leaping ability are only two parts of the bigger equation.

Height has become less of an issue for power forwards since the early 2000's because of the intitution of defensive three seconds and all of the changes in the ways you can defend with your hands and hips.

Keep in mind Trevor Booker measured 6'6.25" w/o shoes at the combine. He does alright. Paul Millsap also measured 6'6.25" at the combine. Kevin Love measured 6'7.75" and 255 pounds. Brandon Bass measured 6'6.25". Blake Griffin only measured 6'8.5" at the combine and his length is never questioned. Derrick Williams measured 6'7.25".

I really think Sully has got a Big Al Jefferson style skill set and build. Al Jefferson measured 6'8.5" at the combine and weighted 263 pounds. That's probably around what Sully will measure too.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Jefferson and would be happy getting a player like him.

Sully's upside might be even higher than Jefferson's though, because he's a better athlete and seems to have longer arms. He blocks shots and defends really well at the collegiate level.

The thing to keep in mind about Sully is that height and leaping ability are only two parts of the bigger equation.

Height has become less of an issue for power forwards since the early 2000's because of the intitution of defensive three seconds and all of the changes in the ways you can defend with your hands and hips.

Keep in mind Trevor Booker measured 6'6.25" w/o shoes at the combine. He does alright. Paul Millsap also measured 6'6.25" at the combine. Kevin Love measured 6'7.75" and 255 pounds. Brandon Bass measured 6'6.25". Blake Griffin only measured 6'8.5" at the combine and his length is never questioned. Derrick Williams measured 6'7.25".

I really think Sully has got a Big Al Jefferson style skill set and build. Al Jefferson measured 6'8.5" at the combine and weighted 263 pounds. That's probably around what Sully will measure too.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Jefferson and would be happy getting a player like him.

Sully's upside might be even higher than Jefferson's though, because he's a better athlete and seems to have longer arms. He blocks shots and defends really well at the collegiate level.

LOL, Booker looked like a Midget guarding Dirk last week. Sully is a good positional defender who understands the game being a coaches son. The thing is people say his post game won't translate but his pick&roll and spotup game defintely will and I think he still gets points in the post. He has been stroking 3's this year as well really expanding on his range from last year.

I've heard from a very good source that works at MCI and has dropped good nuggets before that the Wizards have Barnes #2 on there board as of right now.

Edited by Samuels

LOL, Booker looked like a Midget guarding Dirk last week. Sully is a good positional defender who understands the game being a coaches son. The thing is people say his post game won't translate but his pick&roll and spotup game defintely will and I think his still gets points in the post. He has been stroking 3's this year as well really expanding on his range from last year.

Good work ethic as well, he dropped alot of fat before the start of the season.

Singleton... Wow. Mistook his head for the ball.

Edit: about Sully, he's slower more of a half court offensive type player. Doesn't really fit an offense run by a speedy wallzalez. He's not the greatest cardio guy in the NCAA. I do think his skills translate though. Post game works at any level when physical and polished.

Big baby Davis isn't just a questionable athlete, he's somewhat crazy and gets out of control. Sully is a big boy but he's not big baby Davis.

Edited by Destino

LOL, Booker looked like a Midget guarding Dirk last week. Sully is a good positional defender who understands the game being a coaches son. The thing is people say his post game won't translate but his pick&roll and spotup game defintely will and I think he still gets points in the post. He has been stroking 3's this year as well really expanding on his range from last year.

I've heard from a very good source that works at MCI and has dropped good nuggets before that the Wizards have Barnes #2 on there board as of right now.

Interesting. I see what you're saying about him being a better fit in the NBA game. I suppose I should rethink my take on him. He is a real clean fit at the next level with a clear NBA position and he's one of the few guys in the class that won't be undersized in year one. I'd be fine with Barnes as the pick.

But if you take Barnes, that begs the question of what do you do with Singleton/Vesely? Seems like a waste to keep both of them and have them on the bench behind Barnes. Vesely will have better trade value but of the two, he's the one I would rather keep.

You've got a point about Lamb and his play last season, especially during the tourney. I just wish he had been better this year. Maybe it was because the UConn program was falling apart.

I really hope Drummond goes back to school so we don't end up picking him. Having Nene wrapped up long term makes drafting a center less likely IMO.

If MKG goes back, then I'd be happy with any of the top three PFs, Beal, and Barnes with our pick.

How do you rate Robinson versus Sully?

Interesting. I see what you're saying about him being a better fit in the NBA game. I suppose I should rethink my take on him. He is a real clean fit at the next level with a clear NBA position and he's one of the few guys in the class that won't be undersized in year one. I'd be fine with Barnes as the pick.

But if you take Barnes, that begs the question of what do you do with Singleton/Vesely? Seems like a waste to keep both of them and have them on the bench behind Barnes. Vesely will have better trade value but of the two, he's the one I would rather keep.

You've got a point about Lamb and his play last season, especially during the tourney. I just wish he had been better this year. Maybe it was because the UConn program was falling apart.

I really hope Drummond goes back to school so we don't end up picking him. Having Nene wrapped up long term makes drafting a center less likely IMO.

If MKG goes back, then I'd be happy with any of the top three PFs, Beal, and Barnes with our pick.

How do you rate Robinson versus Sully?

I would take Sully over him but thats because he has been dominant from day 1. I just can't get over Robinson blasting on the scene and being this good but could'nt get burn over the twins who are marginal at best NBA players so far. I believe Sully would have started for Kansas last year over either twin. Don't get me wrong I would'nt be upset if he was the pick just alittle leery.

Vesely really is a good glue guy off the bench for right now. He needs to get a jumpshot to play the 3 or bulk up and play the 4. Singleton if he improves I believe Barnes could play the 2 as well but might struggle with really quick guards defensively but that would be a long backcourt.

We have some pieces of a good team but we need starters that make a impact. Barnes is a good fit because he does'nt need the ball to be effective playing very well off the ball. I'd love to sign Ryan Anderson to play the 4 or Harden to a RFA offer sheet. I think OKC would work a sign & trade no way they can afford big bucks for him with there roster.

Game by game, Wall grows more comfortable with that step back jumper from the top of the key. To me that is one of the most encouraging things Wall has shown this year. He's getting better offensively. I think by year three or four, he's going to be one of the best inside/outside scoring point guards in the NBA.

---------- Post added March-16th-2012 at 08:05 PM ----------

Mack was a really nice second round draft pick. He looks like he belongs in the league and he's got a good body for the position. He really likes to play back to the basket and then explode off screens doesn't he?

Game by game, Wall grows more comfortable with that step back jumper from the top of the key. To me that is one of the most encouraging things Wall has shown this year. He's getting better offensively. I think by year three or four, he's going to be one of the best inside/outside scoring point guards in the NBA.

Rose and Westbrook, you really se him being better inside and outside than them? They are better inside scorers now And they have three point range, not just pull up midrange.

Vesely is so good. This guy understands the game. He's going to be really good one day.

---------- Post added March-16th-2012 at 08:14 PM ----------

Rose and Westbrook, you really se him being better inside and outside than them? They are better inside scorers now And they have three point range, not just pull up midrange.

He might not end up better than them, but they're probably the two best in the game.

And keep in mind DRose didn't really have that three ball range until his third season.

The one thing Wall does have over them is the first step though. He's as big and strong and as good a leaper as they are but he's even quicker. Wall won't have to be as polished and creative as they are to get by people because of his raw speed.

Also, I think Wall is already as good a passer as either of them are today. He strikes a nice median between the blazing slashing/transition scorer and the crafty facilitator--which is why he is special.

MKG would be my first option after Davis if he had a legit jumper or more of a scorers mentality. Sully with Nene would really open up the floor and Booker would be a super sub. Sully has a very good face up and screen and roll game. Barnes is a very good fit with Wall because of his ability to hit shots and finish on the break but he lacks that scorers mentality as well. I forgot about Thomas I would put him before Lamb and Beal.

I'd love to try to pry Evan Turner away from the 76ers he has been balling lately.

Agreed there is a risk with him, but he's a guy who I would try to get and then make a trade back into the 1st round again if possible. Get MKG and then draft another guy like John Jenkins in the mid to late 1st area who is a true lethal shooter

It runs a lot better when the third guard is Mack or Mason instead of NY though.

It sometimes works for quick offense but it kills our already bad half court set and defensively leaves us helpless. But yes it is better without Nick Young. Having him and Crawford on the court at the same time was just a bad idea.

---------- Post added March-16th-2012 at 08:53 PM ----------

Hero ball is back.....

Level of play is definitely rough, but for once I feel like we're actually seeing signs of progress from most of our players and from the team as a whole--signs of a brighter future ahead. Pre-trade we didn't have life and we were just floundering in losing efforts, not really building anything.

14 assists on 17 field goals. That's just awesome. I love the way our team is playing post trade. We look like a real NBA team!

No more clown-first major figures on the team (that matter) getting major minutes. Of course the level of play is going to rise Now we got people getting minutes who give a ****, who have pride, who want to win first and foremost, grown ass men. And this is before we've got the player we traded for.

I've heard from a very good source that works at MCI

Lol, you know how I know you're old?