Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I've seen him just shrug screens off depending on who's setting it. I've also seen someone come up like they're going to set a screen, Singleton put a hand on their chest and just shove them away like he's swatting a fly, and then they rethink it and back off. He's a really strong guy.

I've seen the opposite. He gets pushed around a lot. Admittedly I haven't been watching him too closely though.

Scoring has dropped though for the wizards, maybe Nick Youngs impact?

76, 92, 83, 89, 92, and 88.

It might be, but it seems like Mason Jr. and Crawford are giving them enough production from the SG spot to offset Young's production.

I think it's because of disrupting team chemistry on an already bad offensive squad. It's easier to play defense with new teammates than running an offense. Plus I don't really think Whittman has an "offense" that these guys can run. We're running what looks like the most basic possible version of an NBA offense.

Edited by No Excuses

I apologize for my ignorance. I have been one of those "casual" fans for quite some time now. Probably since we had Howard and Webber, as we haven't really been competetive in a very long time. I will glance at box scores once in a while.

Having said that, I really wanted to get interested after we drafted Wall. But his rookie year was up and down, and the team as a whole was boring to watch. This year I wanted them to do well again, but they started horrible and haven't been able to find any consistent scorer.

So I am trying to amp up my interest again, while watching the March Madness. For those of you who watch the Wizards regularly, what position will we target with our top 5 pick (hopefully..)?

Blatche hasn't really developed this year, he has probably regressed. I like what I have seen out of Crawford, but he really should be a backup guard, we don't have a scoring shooting guard right now. Vesely looks like he could develop into something special, but give the man more minutes!

Are you guys feeling the same way, that we need an impact scorer? Someone who can be a threat anytime he has the ball? Do we need a big guy down low that can score, and not just block, rebound "decently?

I would love to have a big guy down low to go with Nene.

Anthony Davis, F, Kentucky - I don't like freshman coming out, but this guy is impressive. Averages a double/double for his freshman year! He doesn't take a lot of shots though, his point total is higher because he gets a lot of free throws, which says good things about his aggressiveness with the ball.

Thomas Robinson, F, Kansas - Born in DC, averages a double/double for his 2011/2012 season. Very solid in march madness so far.

Wizards are going to take the best player available at every position other than center and point guard. (most of the high end potential college centers can play PF) The main problem with the team is that every player has major weaknesses in his game and the way the team is assembled exposes those instead of covering them up.

I am starting to think MKG might be the best fit for this team. Don't get me wrong, Davis would be sweet too, but in this league, you are going to need somebody that can take over a game consistently and score some buckets. Nobody on this team can do that, MKG can. But as long as we have a top 5 pick, we should be good no matter who we draft. :2cents:

After this weekend, I pray we get a top 2 pick to insure we get Davis or MKG. Those two are really standing out to me with Beal and Trob finishing close but not as bad as I want David/MKG. Consolation prizes include Sully, Barnes, Lamb, Moultrie, and eek, Drummond. Assuming of course, all these guys declare but there has seemed to be more kids coming back recently.

Edited by SuperBash

So I am trying to amp up my interest again, while watching the March Madness. For those of you who watch the Wizards regularly, what position will we target with our top 5 pick (hopefully..)?

Blatche hasn't really developed this year, he has probably regressed. I like what I have seen out of Crawford, but he really should be a backup guard, we don't have a scoring shooting guard right now. Vesely looks like he could develop into something special, but give the man more minutes!

Are you guys feeling the same way, that we need an impact scorer? Someone who can be a threat anytime he has the ball? Do we need a big guy down low that can score, and not just block, rebound "decently?

I would love to have a big guy down low to go with Nene.

Anthony Davis, F, Kentucky - I don't like freshman coming out, but this guy is impressive. Averages a double/double for his freshman year! He doesn't take a lot of shots though, his point total is higher because he gets a lot of free throws, which says good things about his aggressiveness with the ball.

Thomas Robinson, F, Kansas - Born in DC, averages a double/double for his 2011/2012 season. Very solid in march madness so far.

Anthony davis is special and probably is a lock for the the top slot. Many of us have hypothesized that Hornets will magically wind up with the top pick in the draft, leaving us with 2-5.

With Davis off the board, these are my guys

MKG- owning the tournament. Does everything well, but if you read the scouting report, he's a team captain in the making. He doesn't care about the stats, just winning. He scores, passes, rebounds and plays with a high motor. He doesn't have a great perimeter game, which is exactly what we need. But he's the BPA in my opinion

TomRob- you know he would love to play here, especially becuase he is taking care of his family. Can rebound and body up with NBA bigs. A little small for an NBA four and sometimes thinks he's a 2 or 3. I think with all the **** he's been through, he would be a positive influence in the locker room.

Beal - struggled towards the end of the Louisivlle game, but best J in the draft. would be a perfect complement to Wall. Small, but at 6'3, can defend 1's and 2's. Think Eric Gordon

Those are the 3 I love:

Barnes - looking more and more like Marvin Williams.

PJ3- Doesn't seem like he loves basketball. Did you see him after the kentucky loss?

Drummond - Definitely needs another year at Uconn, but we'll probably go in the top 5. Big with potential. Where have we heard this before. Pass

Jeremy Lamb - Reminds me of Nick Young, and not in a good way.

Sully - One of my favorite players in the tourny, but I just don't know how effective he'll be at bodying up NBA 4's.

Edited by DCchillin89

“Last two days I started feeling it a little bit, but yesterday, before the game (vs. Atlanta) it was tight, but after the game I feel like old man,” said Nene “My back was really sore in the locker room. It was pretty tight, and this morning it was shut down. I did massage, I did physical therapy, and when I got here I did a couple exercises, and it was really hard for me.”

And it begins.

Denver and LAC were in free fall before McGee and Young got there.

We still suck hard, except we now have an aging, injury prone center making a ton of money on our roster. The short sightedness of this franchise and fan base simply amazes me. It's as if we just simply chose to ignore the history of our pathetic GM every time a roster change is made, simply because we're desperate for something new.

Jordan Crawford is just a slightly more unselfish Nick Young. Can't wait for the Wizards to get an NBA starting SG. Having said that, there aren't too many great SG's anymore or lately. The only ones draft high recently are Gordon and Harden. I guess dominant wings, forwards and PG's are more valuable than SG's nowadays.

I don't get all of the hate for Jordan Crawford as he's actually been playing and scoring very well lately.

To me it just feels like an attempt to deflect from the elephant in the room--John Wall has played like utter **** the past several games.

He's just not an ideal starting SG for a winning team IMO. Great off the bench if he understands his role.

He's just not an ideal starting SG for a winning team IMO. Great off the bench if he understands his role.

But he's been arguably our best player since the trade. Since the trade he's taken ownership of the starting 2 guard spot. He's shooting 48% and averaging 21 PPG plus he's been playing solid, disruptive defense. Saying he's only slightly less selfish than NY is a big understatement. NY was one of the worst passing SGs in the NBA 78th out of 80 in assist rate. Crawford is a plus passer that can run the point.

I love judging players on 5 game sample sizes. Let's just completely forget that on the season he's shooting 40% from the field and 28% from the three and he doesn't get to the FT line.

But hooray five games right?

Edited by No Excuses

But he's been arguably our best player since the trade. Since the trade he's taken ownership of the starting 2 guard spot. He's shooting 48% and averaging 21 PPG plus he's been playing solid, disruptive defense. Saying he's only slightly less selfish than NY is a big understatement. NY was one of the worst passing SGs in the NBA 78th out of 80 in assist rate. Crawford is a plus passer that can run the point.

He just better understand his role when we get better scorers, that's all I'm saying. If he thinks he can continue to shoot 20 plus times a night with better scoring talent on the team, it's not gonna turn out well.

He just better understand his role when we get better scorers, that's all I'm saying. If he thinks he can continue to shoot 20 plus times a night with better scoring talent on the team, it's not gonna turn out well.

Only because I am trying to learn everyone better...but looking at his game long he hasn't shot over 20 times since March 3rd, when he put up 31 points. He's probably closer to 14-17 shots per game. And if he is putting up 20+ points with those 15+ shots, then all power to him. That would mean he's probably shooting about 40-45% from the field and making free throws.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jordan_crawford/game_by_game_stats.html

Grant it, I haven't watched the games...just trying to read articles and learn about the roster. But he seems to be doing pretty well the last few weeks. And tonight, it looks like he's helping the Wizards with 50% shooting and 12 points at half time. He can only continue to develop, right? Looks like PF/C seems to be more important to help out Seraphin/Nene.

Edited by hunterx
adding link

Only because I am trying to learn everyone better...but looking at his game long he hasn't shot over 20 times since March 3rd, when he put up 31 points. He's probably closer to 14-17 shots per game. And if he is putting up 20+ points with those 15+ shots, then all power to him. That would mean he's probably shooting about 40-45% from the field and making free throws.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jordan_crawford/game_by_game_stats.html

Grant it, I haven't watched the games...just trying to read articles and learn about the roster. But he seems to be doing pretty well the last few weeks. And tonight, it looks like he's helping the Wizards with 50% shooting and 12 points at half time. He can only continue to develop, right? Looks like PF/C seems to be more important to help out Seraphin/Nene.

He takes a lot of crazy shots and often shoots too quick during possessions. I just prefer a starting SG who is really efficient and knows how to get to the line. But for now, he'll do as the starter, clearly. But I don't seem him as the starter down the road for this team.

Edited by SuperBash