Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

4 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

I'm not feeling the first impression of our 1st pick, but I gotta keep it 100, I've seen more than a few analyst saying we have possibly the steal of the draft......LOL, swear I dont get it, but I hope theyre right....

NBA trying to promote the international game since the China market is drying up :ols: 

I've been watching all the highlight videos....I don't get it at all. He's not Luka. He's not Jokic. He has nice looking form on his shot, but his percentages suck.

I love how we all think A-B-C or D about the NBA Draft.  The players are unique rolls of the dice.  Probably a 20 percent chance of any random pick being a great player, give or take lottery and later rounds.  Unless its a no brain, Lebron James talent level... it's not a sure thing.  

Just look at our draft history... Jarvis Hayes, Jared Jeffries, Peter John Ramos... Andray Blatche has had a fantastic career compared to most of the other overall picks.  PJR is getting into professional wrestling now... 

I was looking at the list of WIzards draft picks since 1998.  Geez....not pretty.  Most of our best picks never even played for us.  I would gladly take Jordan Clarkson over the majority of players on our squad.    

I will never forgive this team for trading Richard Hamilton, Rasheed Wallace, and Ben Wallace to the Pistons.  They all went on to have amazing careers.  I don't recall the specifics of how they ended up on Detroit, I just know they were on our team and we let them go.  Don't feel like googling it.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

I'm not feeling the first impression of our 1st pick, but I gotta keep it 100, I've seen more than a few analyst saying we have possibly the steal of the draft......LOL, swear I dont get it, but I hope theyre right....

I understand why scouts were divided on him.  Doesn't have a good shot and cannot play to the basket which are things you look for in a 6'9 player.   But he has the best handle of the bigs in the draft and is a decent passer, in other words for a big his offensive creativity is very good.   So there are elements of Jokic.  Supposedly a decent, but not great defender.   Somewhat like Okoro, if you think he can develop a jump shot, then its a good pick.  If the jump shot never develops, he seems like his ceiling will only ever be so high. 

• Like 1

Really liked the draft, Cassius can contribute on the 2nd unit for sure.

Avdija looks good, and please end the Jan Vesely talks. Jan sucked ass from day 1 unless you thought his layup highlights were cool.

We also picked up a 2nd. Sheppard is miles ahead of that clown Grundfeld

like most of the people in this thread. I haven't paid close attention to this team in a while. Hit a game or two a year. If Beal had an exceptional game, I'd read the Post recap. That's about it. Also like most of the people in this thread. I have NO IDEA how these draft picks fit into their plans. Development timelines. What they are expecting in 2021. Etc. 

I was skeptical about the Wiz drafting someone and immediately trading them to OKC for Winston and a [b]2024[/b] pick....not 2021 or 2022...why bother giving up picks that far in the future?

But then I remembered I saw Winston play in the Elite Eight and he was pretty good guard for MSU

Good depth esp with the uncertainty over when Wall will ever play again.

I like that trade. Schofield didn't bring much to the table anyway. Like I said last night Winston has the goods. I see him making the squad and bringing energy off the bench.

That video of Avdija shooting threes gives me hope. Easy to knock em down with a trainer feeding you and no one guarding you though.

30 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

A 2024 second.  What on Earth.  We traded a player to move down and add a negligible asset?

OKC bamboozled us.

Yeah, seems like a questionable deal.  Maybe the FO was not confident Schofield would make the roster this year.   For what its worth I like Winston.   He was a very good college player.  Might or might not translate, but I am more intrigued by him than you typical 53rd pick.

Edited by philibusters