Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

25 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Do they have any left?

Pick 35, their 4th pick of the night. Speculation is they’re going to move that one as well.

24 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Cleveland would never go for that. 

Clev stinks, but we could get a lot more than that for Beal from a team that wants to compete next season. The Knicks want Beal to help entice KI & KD, I’d take everything I could get from them and be done with fighting for mediocrity. 

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This is brutal: http://www.tankathon.com/players/cam-reddish

And yet they still have him ranked 6th on their board.  What do the Emperor's clothes that I can't see look like with this kid?

I'm going on record as a Cam Reddish hater.  I watch him and see Rodney Hood as his best case scenario.

I love the talent at 9 and the fact that he hit over 77% from the ft line, but I didn’t realize he was nearly 20 already. 🤨 

The other prospects all talk about him like he’s the best player they’ve ever seen, I take that into consideration, perhaps more than I should. 

can't shake the feeling that Little is going to end up being the pick. He checks that "even he doesn't pan out, we can say we drafted a high character guy" box. Local state media who cover the team will be able to gush about the maturity and him doing the little things in practice, even if he never actually contributes to games. Last thing Shep/Leonsis want to do is draft a potential head case when they already don't have a GM to blame if it goes wrong.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

can't shake the feeling that Little is going to end up being the pick. He checks that "even he doesn't pan out, we can say we drafted a high character guy" box. Local state media who cover the team will be able to gush about the maturity and him doing the little things in practice, even if he never actually contributes to games. Last thing Shep/Leonsis want to do is draft a potential head case when they already don't have a GM to blame if it goes wrong.

I could totally see this happening too.  Beal attended Little's workout and apparently loved it.  Which brings me to another curiosity.  He apparently shoots really well in workouts. How come his long range shooting was so mediocre at UNC?

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I could totally see this happening too.  Beal attended Little's workout and apparently loved it.  Which brings me to another curiosity.  He apparently shoots really well in workouts. How come his long range shooting was so mediocre at UNC?

there was a video not too long ago of JaVale making like 12 corner 3's in a row with the Warriors. Workout shooting means **** to me. In that video I posted, it seems he gets caught between a jumpshot and a set shot at time. He doesn't really have a good feel for the game on offense, some of his misses were bad, like airballs and side of the backboard bad.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

there was a video not too long ago of JaVale making like 12 corner 3's in a row with the Warriors. Workout shooting means **** to me. In that video I posted, it seems he gets caught between a jumpshot and a set shot at time. He doesn't really have a good feel for the game on offense, some of his misses were bad, like airballs and side of the backboard bad.

Short & long are the only acceptable misses, if you work on your shot. 

3 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Maybe we all just misused JaVale.  JaVale "The Three" McGee!  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Fred Katz said that he worked with a shooting coach or something and they changed his release point.  They said it was too close to his face before, or something like that.  Diagnosed that was his problem at UNC, and the draftniks say he's been shooting well in the workouts.

I don't know... shooting can be improved, but I wouldn't expect lasting improvement from a couple of months of work.

There is also a difference between being a respectable and consistent shooter of open set shots after years of work, and being a born shooter.  I wouldn't expect Little to ever become a next level shooter.  But who knows?  There have been instances where guys have become vastly better shooters before.

23 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Why are the Wiz not taking a look at the Al Horford situation? 

We broke, we got no endz

Horford bypassed us when we were up and coming, i highly doubt he wants to come now that we're down and desperate 

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

We broke, we got no endz

Horford bypassed us when we were up and coming, i highly doubt he wants to come now that we're down and desperate 

It was still between us largely because of the two cities Domincan populations.  Of course without a long term plan theres no way to expect us to try to leverage that both the Parker and Mahinmi contracts are expiring.

• Like 1

Other teams making moves trying to improve...

Ted has swung and missed on 2 (don't care what the reports say, you know he wanted Ujiri) GM candidates...

No plan for this team's future. Maybe they luck out in the lottery next year?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

so whats the over/under until we actually hire a GM/president of operations?

Ted said not before free agency which is july 1 I believe. How long after that? preseason, regular season opener?

Did he specify which season's free agency?  Maybe he meant he won't hire a GM before free agency 2030.  

• Thanks 3

Hawks moving 5 picks already, Washington doing nothing while far better teams are aggressively pursuing 2nd rounders. Ted needs to get out of basketball, nobody wants to work for/with him other than weekendaternies. 

Last years 2nd rounder wouldn’t get time in a 30 team league of ESers.

It's all a crapshoot.

Steph and Klay weren't Top 3 prospects. Draymond not even a lottery pick. Giannis and Khawi both picked 15. I laughed when Westbrook went 4th... he barely scored 10 points a game at UCLA.

The road to even journeyman NBA level is fraught with potholes, be it injury, motivation, and focus and everyone can pretend they got it right now... but when the going gets hard.

Gonna root for whomever joins the franchise, but I will assume they are destined to be Jarvis Hayes or Jan Vasely....

• Like 1

The Pacers have acquired T.J. Warren and the No. 32 pick in the draft from Phoenix, according to Adrian Wojnarowski.

Indiana will take Warren into their available salary cap space and send cash back to Phoenix. This was a pure salary dump for the Suns, who wanted to clear a logjam on the wings while getting rid of the three years and $35 million left on Warren's deal. The Pacers only have Doug McDermott under contract at the SF position next season, and Warren's arrival gives them some insurance if Bojan Bogdanovic leaves in free agency. Expect plenty more trades as draft night heats up.

39 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Ted said not before free agency which is july 1 I believe. How long after that? preseason, regular season opener? 

I have my doubts that we will hire one at all.  I bet we do something like hire a person with a sports medicine background to a senior executive role and then appoint like an "analytics czar" or something weird like that and then call it a day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I have my doubts that we will hire one at all.  I bet we do something like hire a person with a sports medicine background to a senior executive role and then appoint like an "analytics czar" or something weird like that and then call it a day.

More like Ted is going to fight a group of fans on the concourse and whoever beats him gets the GM role

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2004-jan-27-sp-caps27-story.html

Edited by Barry.Randolphe
  • Like 1

Enjoying the discussion here as always. Just wanted to drop a link to some potential guys in the G-league

https://www.ridiculousupside.com/2019/6/20/18693746/twenty-g-leaguers-that-could-get-two-ways-this-summer-ochefu-warney-jones-sibert-randolph

I have no real thoughts in the draft other than we need more picks and talent. Maybe we can find some guys in the G-league to help fill out the roster

• Like 1