Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

No way that isn't a foul on Crowder. No ****ing way. He raked down and got both forearms. 

Yeah, just stand there flatflooted and watch instead of boxing out and making them go over your back. That always works. Back to back ****ing lazy, worthless efforts on defense and rebounding. Teams now KNOW if they try they can dominate the boards. Guards leaking out after 3s. Bigs just watching. Ducking pathetic effort. 

Thank God Marcus Smart changed his hair. It was unbearable to look at during the previous meeting. So is Gortat's play right now.

The only thing giving me hope now is that, during both of our recent playoff seasons, we had similar slumps in the later part of the regular season, only for us to turn it on come playoff time...at least for 1 series.

• Like 1

Wizards flaming out lately with baffling losses to Dallas and Charlotte as well as Boston. Championship aspirations might have been premature. 

There's nothing wrong with saying that. This is a good team. But they were never elite. They were never championship contenders or eastern conference finals participants. The ceiling for this club the way they're playing is second round when they inevitably get eliminated by Cleveland or Boston. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

he will ask for the max because teams will pay the max. i'm just not sure we should be the ones to do it

I said the same thing about Beal, but not sure its the same situation.  I can't say I like what Porter is giving now versus the year prior to Beal signing for max, because they both pull disappearing acts.

6 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

he will ask for the max because teams will pay the max. i'm just not sure we should be the ones to do it

The alternative is letting him walk for nothing.

We went through this process with Wall and Beal.  The many many people who thought we should have let Beal walk were absolutely and unequivocally wrong.  Let's not do it all over again with Otto.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The alternative is letting him walk for nothing.

We went through this process with Wall and Beal.  The many many people who thought we should have let Beal walk were absolutely and unequivocally wrong.  Let's not do it all over again with Otto.

But does Porter have Beal's upside? The issue with Beal was always health but we saw him dominate playoff games. I don't think Porter will be that good. His best case scenario is a good #3 option on a contender. Is that worth the max? In today's NBA, maybe, but its a tough decision.

The plan might be to let Porter walk, resign Bog, and make a run at Cousins(that Wall article that came out made it sound like he's trying to recruit him).

37 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The plan might be to let Porter walk, resign Bog, and make a run at Cousins(that Wall article that came out made it sound like he's trying to recruit him).

If so, then that's a bad plan.  Sign Porter and trade him down the road if we want to make a run at Cousins.  Letting Porter walk for nothing would be a disaster.