Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

6 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Time to sack up because that 4th seed is looking more realistic every day, which would feel like a wasted season. I want Boston in round 2.

Looking at the schedule, I'm more or less resigned to the 4 at this point...and that's fine.  Our title window is gonna be from about 2018-2021 and we just need to acquire playoff experience by any means necessary.  Dropping a tough 6 game series to the Cavs in the 2nd round is a worthy endeavor.  If we can manage it...

57 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Looking at the schedule, I'm more or less resigned to the 4 at this point...and that's fine.  Our title window is gonna be from about 2018-2021 and we just need to acquire playoff experience by any means necessary.  Dropping a tough 6 game series to the Cavs in the 2nd round is a worthy endeavor.  If we can manage it...

lead_large.jpg

• Like 5

It's going to be a weird dance to end the year.  If Boston gets the one seed, then I want us to fall to fourth.  If Cleveland holds on, then we have to get the three seed.  Boston has a real shot at the one seed because their ending schedule is a ****ing joke.  But they're also not that good so there's that.

12 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If so, then that's a bad plan.  Sign Porter and trade him down the road if we want to make a run at Cousins.  Letting Porter walk for nothing would be a disaster.

I was wrong on Beal. I'm like Jerry Orbach in Dirty Dancing. When I'm wrong, I say it.

And I think you have to sign Porter. The only reason you don't is if you hate the idea of your core being Wall-Beal-Porter during what, I guess, can be called a championship run.

26 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I was wrong on Beal. I'm like Jerry Orbach in Dirty Dancing. When I'm wrong, I say it.

And I think you have to sign Porter. The only reason you don't is if you hate the idea of your core being Wall-Beal-Porter during what, I guess, can be called a championship run.

I think the consideration is even more binary than that.  The options are either sign Otto for whatever it costs or let him walk for nothing.  Otto is a good player that could fit in on any roster in the league.  If we get the chance to sign a better player down the road, then you should be able to trade him for positive value.

I think the cap is also going to get into the 120's or 130's by 2020, so if you sign Otto for like 22-24 million per year now, it should be a bargain by the third or fourth summer.

One other thing, the Wizards won't have cap space this summer even if they let Otto walk.  So we're not forgoing our ability to sign any other free agents by extending him.  We've only got the MLE either way.

There's no good reason to let Otto walk.

12 and 6 on 47% shooting from the field with 2 steals.  That's not too bad considering he's been in a slump.  The biggest thing is his three ball is way down to just 34% during the stretch.  We know he's a better shooter than that.  If he starts hitting from deep again, then he should pull out of his slump.

Well considering he was leading the league in 3 point %, it was obvious he was going to regress some. Bogs made up for it early on but he's kinda cooled off a bit too. We got one more hot streak in us I think and hopefully that'll get us to 50 wins.

I'd say Porter is a top tier shooter and his real shooting ability lies somewhere between that 46% and 34%.  I think we can reasonably expect him to shoot over 40%, and that he should revert back to that that level before the end of the season.

I think Bogdanovich is a 40% three ball shooter in this situation too, and that he'll break out of his mini-slump too by the end of the season.

Really the only guy I'm not confident will break out of his slump is Gortat.  There are too many sequences where Gortat is just a dead man walking.  We played him too many minutes this season and the guy just has no energy.  He's fouling like crazy because he can't keep up.  The Mahinmi injury screwed us.

The problem is Otto should be getting up 6 triples a night. Right now it feels like Jason smith is getting more looks, that shouldn't happen. Hey I like what he's bringing to this team, but if he's taking the 3's, who is crashing the boards? It most certainly won't be bogs, Jennings, Bradley, etc..

He should be locked in to the elbow for the elite pick and pop and in position for a rebound. It's hurting out positioning when he's launching from the perimeter all night even if he's hitting them