Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

13 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

My buddy who was at the Hornets / Bullets game told me "what a miserable game to watch in person.  Just bad basketball."  

A far cry from exactly six weeks ago when everybody said the Cavs/Wizard game was one of the best regular season games ever.

Whatever is going on, it's turning point is tonight. Against our current "rival", on the road... A win could turn things around. A lost could propel a spiral towards the fourth or fifth seed with the way we've been playing.

This is the doldrums of the schedule.  We lost our January and February magic and the road heavy schedule is draining us, just like we feared.  We're struggling, but so are Cleveland and Boston.  That tells you how hard it is to deal with the grind this late in the year.  It's also the point where the bad teams start playing their young guys who are out their with fresh legs and jumping out of the gym.  Playing with nothing left to lose while the high seeds are trying to drag themselves to the finish. A couple of years ago when we sucked, I remember we'd always seem to rip off like a 6 game winning streak at the end of the year where we'd beat teams like Boston or Memphis and we would use it as evidence of progress.  So this is the time of year when a Minnesota and a Philly pounce on teams who are way better.  We just have to find a way to grind it out and avoid losing streaks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

My dream of us getting to 54 wins is dead.  There is a chance we might not get to 50, which would be a serious disappointment for me.  But as long as Cleveland holds on to the one seed and we don't fall below three, I won't complain.  We'll have a real shot at the ECF.

NBA schedule makers did them no favors. 6 back-to-back games in a month. Only one break of more than a day, after playing at Cleveland, on the road to LA. I'm with you, 50 may be a dream. Just avoid the Cavs till the conference finals.