Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

That Hawks fan doesn't appear to realize defense exists. He just imagines that his team shoots better or worse purely from an absence of want-to and hustle.

Atlanta has a lot of people that don't really understand sports. This is the same fanbase that threw garbage on the field because they didn't know the infield fly rule or whatever it was. This is the same fanbase that had to have their football stadium pipe in crowd noise because nobody cares about their teams.

Atlanta is without a doubt the worst pro sports town in the country an it's not even close.

Atlanta has a lot of people that don't really understand sports.

Atlanta is without a doubt the worst pro sports town in the country an it's not even close.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Few and far between do you even find anyone that lives there that follows the local teams closely, yet alone an entire league pro or amateur.

Yeesh - pretty harsh on Atlanta sports fandom.  After a couple minutes of Google Search I would say it seems like the city has a Los Angeles "tons of stuff to do and pretty busy" type of vibe to it - without the rabid Dodger/Laker fans.  Seems like Atlanta maybe college sports are also more important -- similar to USC/UCLA dynamic of Los Angeles. 

I am just trying to be polite... my experience with people from Atlanta is they are so polite and kind... but hey its am online sports forum so we can be all "fanatic-listic" (what is the sports equivalent of nationalistic) for our team and put down those silly, misguided fans of the "bad guys".

No word on weather the league is going to upgrade Teagues flagrant to a flagrant 2 on Beal?

Really, kind of petty and typical. I digress. I'm not a Bullets fan, but how in any way does that suggest that I don't watch games ? You realize how absurd that sounds, right ? haha.

What a

I'm not even sure what you're going for here, but I'm guessing it was more of your usual incoherent, passive aggressive nonsense. Anyway, if you had actually watched that game, you would have known what I was talking about with Jeff Teague. You need to get over yourself if you think you can wander in here and call out and criticize us and have anyone actually care what you have to say.

• Like 1

I have no idea how that wasn't a flagrant 2. Because Beal didn't try to finish and land on his head? A player ran across the land and clotheslines a player in the air. Nene gets thrown out of game 3 against the Bulls for less. 

• Like 1

I'm not even sure what you're going for here, but I'm guessing it was more of your usual incoherent, passive aggressive nonsense. Anyway, if you had actually watched that game, you would have known what I was talking about with Jeff Teague. You need to get over yourself if you think you can wander in here and call out and criticize us and have anyone actually care what you have to say.

EDIT: Never mind just read Destino's post.

Edited by Kosher Ham

I have no idea how that wasn't a flagrant 2. Because Beal didn't try to finish and land on his head? A player ran across the land and clotheslines a player in the air. Nene gets thrown out of game 3 against the Bulls for less.

This play made me go back and look up the rules to distinguish flagrant 1 from flagrant 2. The distinction is really subjective so that refs get a lot of discretion on the calls and they used every bit of that discretion not to call it a flagrant 2. For example, things like the helplessness of the player fouled, the attitude of the guy who commits the foul, and the aftermath of the foul--tussling or injury, etc.--are all part of the determination. And those require subjective evaluations that let the refs justify whatever decision they want to make in basically any circumstance.

I think the reason they called it a 1 is because it's the playoffs and they didn't want to have to toss Teague. Teague was clearly headhunting on that play. He made no play on the ball, he struck Beal in the head while he was in a helpless position, and then he also used his left hand to shove Beal in the back when he was in the air and sent him falling into the stanchion. Also could have started a fight in the aftermath since Beal got up with murder in his eyes. He was trying to hurt Beal and that was a textbook flagrant 2. He's a dirtbag and shame on the officials for chickening out of making the right call.

According to Wittman, Wall is a game time decision but still hasn't dribbled a basketball. I don't see how there's even a chance he plays tonight considering that.

Yeah I don't think he plays tonight. But if you keep him a game time decision, then it makes Atlanta have to prepare for him just in case.

I think it's unlikely he returns for this series. But you never know. It does seem like his teammates expect him to be back eventually.

Activate Blair and have him put 6 hard ones on that little **** Teague

Undercut Wall on his drive in G1, 5 fractures essentially his doing.

Twice trying to dirty Beal in Game 3. 

Lowry and Teague sucked so much ass that they have to resort to bush league shenanigans. Pre-teen looking trash and the most out of shape point guard I've ever seen.