Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Sorry if this was posted pages ago.

But I just read on espn that this win, was the first conference semi final home win since 1979?!?!

That seems almost impossible.

Thank you Paul Pierce

Since we lost seven straight in that span, and three came last season, that tells you how few times we've made the second round the last 36 years.

loved the clutch win.  Hated the fact that the refs missed like ten offensive fouls in the second half when everytime they made a layup they were pushing off on their off hand.  The same type play but far worse that beal and others got called against them in game 2.  Also tons of missed fouls under the hoop and push offs.    And to top it all off, on the replay of the out of bounds plays the announcers  could not even bring themselves to clearly say it went off dudes foot which it did obviously.   kept talking around it like it might have never happened, bunch of shills.  didnt see it touch sessions at all either but even if it was close, they acted like the whole play was close instead of acknowledging the obvious bounce off of the foot.    

Its gonna be tough to beat the hawks and the refs but who knows what can happen.  

Still happy for the big win, go wiz.   

Like I said, Atlanta doesn't scare me at all. They're your prototypical win a bunch in the regular season, fold in the playoffs type team. They're like the Nash suns coached by D'antoni with significantly less talent. Even if they beat us, I don't see them having any chance vs. Chicago or Cleveland. They'd probably get swept by either.

I hope the Hawks don't get smart and start Schroder.  He's been a much more effective player the Teague in the post season.  Teague, the guy the Hawk fans think is better than John Wall, has some hilariously bad playoff numbers.  He's shooting .293 against the Wizards. 

I hope the Hawks don't get smart and start Schroder. He's been a much more effective player the Teague in the post season. Teague, the guy the Hawk fans think is better than John Wall, has some hilariously bad playoff numbers. He's shooting .293 against the Wizards.

Atlanta fans are pretty delusional when it comes to their respective sports teams. Insanely "out of touch" with reality fan base.

Atlanta team feels entitled ?

Come on Steve. That is just the fan in you talking.

Atlanta hasn't even been relevant for many years.

Teague is a ****ing punk just like Lowry and I hope he gets his ass kicked.

Drink a lot tonight ?

I get that you are fired up.

But really, come on man.

I was happy for the win tonight for you guys. I do sort of agree about the negative talk during the game that some of you guys do ( including you). You should never expect to lose when you have a lead.

It irritated me that one of the commentators said Porter came from nowhere in the playoffs. In most games where he got significant PT (which wasn't many), he made quality contributions and usually broke double digits.

That's the kind of thing only fans and maybe local media might notice.  National broadcasters will just see a guy that couldn't get on the floor.  There is a lot of time and production to be put in for him to earn his draft position.  I wonder if he'll make a leap and, if he does, when that will be?  It's hard to figure out where his ceiling is and his limited playing makes me wonder how far behind the normal curve he might be.   

• Like 1

Atlanta made lame excuses for why they lost both games nevermind they've been playing like crap and barely beat us in the one game they did win. That team is soft and entitled. We get the next one and they will fold.

What do you mean, Steve? This was their 2nd internal win of the series. 

• Like 3

Atlanta team feels entitled ?

Come on Steve. That is just the fan in you talking.

Atlanta hasn't even been relevant for many years.

Drink a lot tonight ?

I get that you are fired up.

But really, come on man.

I was happy for the win tonight for you guys. I do sort of agree about the negative talk during the game that some of you guys do ( including you). You should never expect to lose when you have a lead.

Not that its any of your ****ing business, but no. Look, you're not a fan and you don't watch the games, your opinion isn't worth dick.

Nothing good post game about Ernie or Randy? Full disclosure - did not watch game today but in line to see Monday and Wednesday games (once again my work will get me out of town with plenty of free time).

I don't know how much Beal ran the offense, but seems like confidence to do so was growing - also not sure Andre Miller could log 30+ minutes.

Just amazing to win without Wall..