Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Crazy how active this thread is during games versus the Caps thread :(  I'm a fan of both teams, but the thread imbalance is sad

It's easier to post during basketball than hockey. I feel like if I post during the Capitals game I will miss a critical moment. 

• Like 1

Nene is a MAJOR problem right now. 

I don't know if anyone remembers, but in game 1, the dude from ABC said that Nene was saying how much he loathes early starts.  No mention of injury or anything, but the early start being the reason why he was so sluggish. 

Well, it's certainly not the start time of the games.  Maybe he's nursing something, or maybe he isn't.  I don't want to go this route, but if he's not hurt, he looks like he's doggin' it and disengaged. 

Randy HAS to make adjustments.  Nene should not see the floor for another minute of this series.  Give Humphries some burn and regroup for game 3. 

I'm confident that with Wall and more production out of the 4, we can win this series. 

Nene is a MAJOR problem right now. 

I don't know if anyone remembers, but in game 1, the dude from ABC said that Nene was saying how much he loathes early starts.  No mention of injury or anything, but the early start being the reason why he was so sluggish. 

Well, it's certainly not the start time of the games.  Maybe he's nursing something, or maybe he isn't.  I don't want to go this route, but if he's not hurt, he looks like he's doggin' it and disengaged. 

Randy HAS to make adjustments.  Nene should not see the floor for another minute of this series.  Give Humphries some burn and regroup for game 3. 

I'm confident that with Wall and more production out of the 4, we can win this series. 

I feel you on Nene, and do feel he's out there to keep "going small" as a weapon, not who we are from now on. But it does feel that unless Nene is uncontested, he's not nearly as effective as he was last year in the playoffs. Atlanta barely survived us without Wall, but I feel this speaks more to the future of Nene on this team, not just this series. Having him come off the bench would be the beginning of the end, but this is the beginning of the end.

Wall has 5 non-displaced fractures in his wrist. Our season is over, this sucks, a lot.

By the way, non-displaced means the bone is in proper alignment and does move. So he basically has a bunch of cracked bones but no severe breaks where you'd have to use rods to straighten it out.

Wall has 5 non-displaced fractures in his wrist. Our season is over, this sucks, a lot.

By the way, non-displaced means the bone is in proper alignment and does move. So he basically has a bunch of cracked bones but no severe breaks where you'd have to use rods to straighten it out.

So can he play or not? 

EDIT: Let me clarify: does this mean he's going to try and play with this and be less effective than he normally is, or are they shutting him down. 

Edited by Gamebreaker

As a non-displaced fracture means the bone remains aligned, treating the fracture is usually simpler than treating other types of breaks. Sometimes the doctor may apply temporary pain reliefto the area and provide medication to help with swelling. The doctor may then apply a splint or cast to prevent any further damage while the bone heals. This largely depends on the nature of the break and where the break occurred. A non-displaced fracture on the skull, for instance, may require very little care, and a protective covering is typically unnecessary.

http://www.wisegeekhealth.com/what-is-a-non-displaced-fracture.htm