Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://www.csnwashington.com/basketball-washington-wizards/talk/ray-lewis-wizards-ravens-lb-great-drops-surprise-visit

Ravens great Ray Lewis drops in on Wizards for surprise visit

With John Wall ailing and the Wizards' prospects for getting past the Atlanta Hawks dim, Ray Lewis spoke to them before Friday's practice, CSNwashington.com has confirmed with several people with knowledge of the

situation.

The visit was supposed to happen before the playoffs and appears to be coincidental that the Wizards are in need of a spark heading into Game 3 Saturday at Verizon Center.

Wall, who has five non-displaced fractures in his left hand and wrist, appears extremely unlikely to play after the team confirmed the diagnosis on Thursday.

The Wizards won 104-98 with Wall in Game 1, when he was injured in the second quarter, but fell 106-90 in Game 2.

Lewis, now retired from the Baltimore Ravens, is known for giving inspirational speeches. 

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Win or lose, this series will be great seasoning for Beal and Porter going forward.

Go a Wiz!

Porter especially. Weve all been advocating for him all year, but I dont think any of us imagined him playing as well as he has this post season.

Just got an alert. Millsap is out with the flu. May have a shot tonight.

Edited by STBonecrusher21
  • Like 1

Porter especially. Weve all been advocating for him all year, but I dont think any of us imagined him playing as well as he has this post season.

Just got an alert. Millsap is out with the flu. May have a shot tonight.

With Otto, I knew he could find a way to perform in this league.

If not for anything, it was based on the fact that he didn't play in the AAU, and instead played basketball with the older people in his family since he was a child. We know how those old heads are, they will out work you on the court.

So when I saw him at Georgetown, that is what I gathered. I thought he would be able to come in and just play smart, tough, basketball. We don't need him to avg 20 ( we got Beal). Don't need him to make plays, (we got Wall). And thank goodness we brought Pierce in, because if it's one person in the history of the NBA that has made a career by simply outworking you and playing good basketball, it's him.

It's just feels so good to know that he does have the ability to perform exactly how I thought he would. Now it's just time to build on top of that.