Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Don't usually talk sports on this board, but man, this is the best Wizards team I've ever seen. Paul Pierce is the man. The seniority and cool confidence he brings is infectious. Wall is a cool customer as well. Fast as hell in transition, under control when making decisions, slick with the basketball, and always communicating. He and Pierce are coaches on the court.

It looked to me like Beal's ankle broke. Flopping around. Maybe it was just flopping back from the original twist. I did the same thing in a pregame warmup. Jumped up, landed on my own teammates foot, sprained my ankle. **** it's painful, and the swelling stiffens the hell out of the joint. I couldn't practice for at least a week, probably two...it was a long time ago.

I didn't cry though, which makes me think his was either worse, or he was upset about not being able to play.

Holy ****. Are the Wizards really 3-0 on the road to start the playoffs? Randy can coach in the playoffs, I guess.

The moment he puts Porter in the game the opposing teams shooting percentage nose dives. He provides that Bruce Bowen defense.

Getting rid of old man Miller for Sessions was a great move.

Getting Jack would've been nice but Sessions has definitely settled in. He's much better than when we first acquired him.

Defense is what allows us to stay close even when Atlanta tries to put us away with their three-ball barrage. I did feel this was likely the most important game of the series because as much as we had and tired as Atlanta had to be, this was best chance to steal one in ATL.

Keep attacking, and I am at the point of supporting Otto on whoever decides to get hot for them, whether it be Carrol or Horver (Horver I'd like to focus more on making sure he doesn't get going). So proud of this team, no fear.

Edited by Renegade7

It's so cute reading Hawks fans talking **** and pulling excuses out of their asses now. I now officially hate them. I hope we sweep these bammas. Be so nice.

I was lurking in their sb nation during the Brooklyn series, they were convinced that the wiz would be easy compared to the nets. A lot of their fans thought the wizards series would be a cake walk and many claiming the wizards were a bad team in general.

They are still in denial after this one.

Hopefully Beal is ok because I'd love to give yet another team that looked at us like easy money a swift boot to the ass.

For extremely personal reasons, I hate just about everything about Atlanta.  The Wizards beating the Hawks would be a really good thing for my emotional well being. 

FWIW, Minneapolis is on that list as well.  I'm not just talking sports. I hold very personal gripes with a couple people in each city, and therefore I want to see nothing but pain for them, and their cities.

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

Beal says hes fine and will play game 2. JMichael said he was walking around the locker room quite fine.

@JMichael - Beal is here in the locker room walking around fine. Looks like he will be OK #WizardsTalk @CSNWizards #NBA #WizHawks

@JMichael - Wall says its more discomfort in his hand now than his wrist. #WizardsTalk @CSNWizards #NBA #WizHawks

@JMichael - Beal said hes fine for Game 2. Has a shiner under right eye from a collision #WizardsTalk @CSNWizards #NBA #WizHawks

Edited by STBonecrusher21

For extremely personal reasons, I hate just about everything about Atlanta.  The Wizards beating the Hawks would be a really good thing for my emotional well being. 

FWIW, Minneapolis is on that list as well.  I'm not just talking sports. I hold very personal gripes with a couple people in each city, and therefore I want to see nothing but pain for them, and their cities.

Why Minneapolis? I lived in Minnesota for a little over a year and it's kinda just...boring. I mean I don't really see the reason to hate it.

What an impressive, gritty win. Showed a lot of toughness and resolve. This had a similar feel to the first 3 of ATL's wins over Brooklyn, except that we not only hung around, but actually took the lead and held on to it for a win. I thought we'd hang around but come up short. Took a lot of heart and resilience to not only close the gap but pull off the win in the wake of the ridiculous calls and non-calls.