Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

^^^

Bill Simmons is always hilarious. However he should have mentioned the prequel to the disaster that was 2009. i.e. Arenas dumping in Blatches shoes and subsequently destroying his drive and motivation for basketball forever..

Seriously. That's probably the 'best' Gilbert story.

That actually would be an awesome TV show. :ols:

Someone contact HBO. Road to the #1 Draft Pick.

Tonight is a must lose. It guarantees us a chance at the 3rd or 4th best lotto chances and we can't drop to 5 or 6.

This is the lotto chart from last year:

screenshot20100517at114.png

If we lose tonight, we would end up in Golden States spot at #4. The lowest we can drop from the #4 spot is to #7.

sacramento & toronto both won tonight
I saw Toronto won (Thank God) but I didn't know Sacramento won too! That's schweet. I assume we'll beat Cleveland so it's crucial we lose to the Celts tonigh to wrap up having the 4th most ping pong balls.

A win tonight will be devastating.

Sacramento finishes the season with Oklahoma and Los Angeles.

New Jersey finishes with Charlotte and Chicago

Both teams can lose out. That would be a weird situation. Four teams tied at 24 wins.

Edited by No Excuses

if we fail into the 8th spot, I'd rather use our combo of 1st round picks and try to move back into top 3-5

I see no big difference between picking 8th in this draft and picking 4th. I'd rather have two shots at underwhelming players than one.

This is going to be one of those drafts where two or three stars will emerge from players that were barely on the radar.

I see no big difference between picking 8th in this draft and picking 4th. I'd rather have two shots at underwhelming players than one.

This is going to be one of those drafts where two or three stars will emerge from players that were barely on the radar.

yeah I'm not sure what I was thinking with that proposal, dumb move on my part

most people are down on this draft....but odds are we will get a top 5 pick and come away with one of these 5 players: Derick Williams, Kyrie Irving, Enes Kanter, Perry Jones, Harrison Barnes (not sure if he finalized his decision yet). I'll take any one of these guys; Irving would be the only player that wouldn't be an upgrade in his position of our starting lineup right off the bat.

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/2011/4/11/2104818/baylors-perry-jones-iii-nba-draft

In a surprising move, Baylor big man Perry Jones III has decided to stay in school and not enter the 2011 NBA draft. Jones likely would have been one of the top picks in the draft, and ended his season on a suspension, so this news is surprising.

It makes Baylor a little tougher heading into the 2011-12 basketball season. Kansas will be losing the Morris twins, and Kansas State will lose Curtis Kelly, so there are some big men already in the conference leaving school.

Jones averaged 13.9 points and 7.2 rebounds per game. He was expected by many to enter the NBA draft so local teams like Kansas and Kansas State now have to plan to face him once again. Tough break for them.

another one bites the dust.....

Barnes still hasn't made an announcement. I got a hunch he's coming out

---------- Post added April-11th-2011 at 06:22 PM ----------

I wouldn't be opposed to trading our top pick for picks in next years draft. Say we get the 2nd pick, Williams goes 1 and a couple of teams are in love with Irving. Trade the pick for a ****load of picks down the road. I like Kanter but i'd be willing to pass for some extra picks in a draft that is worth a damn.

I don't think so. :(

Chard Ford's twitter:

http://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/57526060853633024#

RT @notthefakeSVP: I'm hearing Harrison Barnes will stay @ UNC. Remarkable to keep all 3 - Lockout must have kids scared

I'm wondering if we are not in a position to draft Derrick Williams, maybe we should look to trade this pick for a proven NBA player who is still young enough to grow with this team.

I don't know how I feel about these guys staying in school. On one hand, it sucks that we're missing out on the opportunity to be able to draft them next year, but overall I see this as a start of a good trend. The NBA will definitly benfit from kids staying in school more often and actually learning how to play the game.

The 2012 draft class will be loaded. The 2012 free agent class will have a lot of notable free agents as well.

Take on bad contracts from teams looking to clear 2012 space to acquire 2012 draft picks?

If the new CBA allows that, I think that is a good thing for us to do. If we do, I have one question. Is there a such thing as too much young talent?

Yi's parting gift to the Wizards: helping us win a ****ing meaningless game.

Damnit damnit damnit. Win against Cleveland you bums but lose this game and guarantee either the 3rd or 4th best lotto chances!!!

---------- Post added April-11th-2011 at 09:11 PM ----------

Damn you Doc Rivers. Sabotaging the Wizards tank!!