Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

If the open roster spot goes like small forward has I have to disagree. Have your guys even noticed that after games we talk about every spot but the 3? Check out what production we got from it last night. This team has too many bench players that flat out don't belong in the NBA. Blatche is bad Yi and Seraphin are many times worse.

These guys are so dead of getting rid of Blatche it's crazy. Blatche last night was our best player again, I thought he hit the boards hard in the first half, as a matter of fact he was the only Wizard even trying too grab rebounds, I think he had our frist 6 or 7 rebounds. Batche had way too many turnovers from what i seen most where he was trying too pass the ball too much, never thought I'd say that ever.

If I am rating proformace he gets a B+, Wall B, Crawford B, McGee C- (missed too many free throws and botched a dunk that changed momentum) Evans C. Production off the bench was terrible we have no bench.

Disappointing finish to an otherwise entertaining game. I think I got a little heady after that three game winning streak and my expectations got ridiculous. I half expected us to close out the year with big wins against playoff teams.

Now that we're back to normal these past two games, I don't have to be bothered by the losses once again.

Wall looked a little rough on defense last night. It looks like he's thinking too much and comes off a step slow IMO. In general we're just a bad defensive team. Too many awful turnovers too. We'll keep losing until those two things improve.

What stuck out the most to me though was how ****ty our calls are. Our guys get emotional out there because we get such crap from the refs. Even without a pair of homer glasses on, you have to agree that we can't get a foul called without blood being spilled and if we look at a star player crossways we're going to get called. That's even more frustrating then all of the turnovers.

---------- Post added April-9th-2011 at 11:48 AM ----------

We have a bench. It's just filled with injured players.

I like Othyus Jeffers. He plays tough and gives us a beefy perimeter guy who can be a thorn in your side. I think he's a quality reserve.

---------- Post added April-9th-2011 at 11:51 AM ----------

Mo Evans is another guy who should be brought back for next season. He busts his ass on the floor and I thought he's been our best defender since he's been starting.

I like Jeffers as well he plays hard every game, Mo Evans is solid coming off the bench. Josh Howard is broken up, Rashad Lewis the 100 million dollar man sucks, Nick I refuse too pass the ball Young I don't no if he wants too be a bench player here again but he deserves too be on somebodies bench, Booker a solid guy coming off the bench, Yi is just all kinds of bad, Saraphin Needs the d league Who am I leaving out?

Mo Evans is another guy who should be brought back for next season. He busts his ass on the floor and I thought he's been our best defender since he's been starting.

I doubt he chooses to come back next year. I can't see him wanting to stick around for the beginning stages of rebuild when he can contribute on a contender

I doubt he chooses to come back next year. I can't see him wanting to stick around for the beginning stages of rebuild when he can contribute on a contender

Idk man the guy has been bounced around the league so much he maybe just wants took find a home. He's not nessasary a guy everyone will be fighting over either.

Makes no sense for him to be here. He's a 32 year old player known for his defense... the kind a player a team hoping to make a playoff push adds to their roster to strengthen defense in the post season. Why stay on a developing team that will likely be maturing in 4 years?

As Vishal demonstrated, Blatche's contribution to the team is overrated and minimal. He is not efficient in anyway. I'm of the belief that he gets numbers--points and rebounds mainly--because someone has to. Not because he's special but because he's just there. That doesn't mean he completely sucks. Because he doesn't. But look at some of the games Yi was having in Blatche's absence. 16 and 8. Yi.

So really what are you losing? By keeping him you're losing a roster spot, a starting spot and minutes that could otherwise be going to a player of the future who can develop into an integral piece on a winning squad.

If you can't win with a player, why would you continue to drag out his role on a team? Isn't it better to let him go and move on? That's how rebuilding works. We had no one to replace AJ, Caron, Brendan or Gil. But we let them go to turn the page, pick up some salary room and let youngsters try to earn their keep. Blatche still being young is irrelevant. He's not going to get any better. What you see is what you get. And that's not good enough.

And I haven't even started yet on how he's detrimental to the team. Look, Blatche is one of the vets on the team. He's supposed to be a leader. He doesn't have as many years of service as a Howard, Rashard Lewis, Mo Evans, but he's been on the team longer than anyone. Yet he's already been called out once by the 20-year-old rookie PG. He's had numerous run in's with the coach. He's fighting teammates at night clubs. He's been arrested multiple times. He's forever out of shape, forever giving a **** effort, forever making excuses. You really want him on an extremelly young, rebuilding team?

He's just lazy. He doesn't understand what it takes to be successful. And he never will. He makes excuses. He lies to everyone, including himself. He will always be like that. For someone to really turn it around, they have to hit a bottom. Making millions a year, he'll never hit it. He's content making his money, getting wasted at the club and banging whores.

As I've said before, this is one of those instances where sports fans get stuck on a boxscore and a skillset and either don't understand or aren't taking into account the human element--people, personalities, team dynamics and/or what it takes to be successful in sports/life. (And hell, as Vishal has shown, they really don't understand stats either.)

So to sum it all up:

- You won't win with Blatche

- He will never get better

- You're wasting your time with him

- He is lazy

- You don't want him around the future of the team, the youngsters

- He's eating the minutes of someone who will be an integral part of any future success

- It doesn't matter if we have a replacement yet. This is a 5-year plan, we will find one

- He won't be happy being a backup and his attitude will be even ****tier than it is now

- It's better to dump him while he still has some value and you can get something in return

- I've yet to be wrong about him or the team in general

As far as needing a 3 before we need a replacement for Blatche, unless Barnes comes out or a slipping Terence Jones wows at pre-draft workouts, that's not gonna be possible with out top 5 pick. Maybe Perry Jones? I don't like him though. Outside of PG and possibly SG, we need to go BPA with every pick.

Destino, at least at the SF spot we don't have any money invested. While the production really sucks from it, we have the chance to keep exploring for the best option. Quite frankly, if Blatche wasn't such a ****ing moron, I would be open to keeping him on this team despite his efficiency issues. You can never have too many big men with skill. Blatche can occasionally give you really good production. I'm still open to him being a back up on this team but ultimately, it becomes an issue of worth to me. At the end of his current contract, he will be a 10 year veteran on this team. 10 years of Andray Blatche just blows my mind. If you have the option to hit the reset button and get rid of him, do not hesitate. We aren't losing out on a world class talent. This is a guy who has consistently shown that he cannot be trusted. The fact that excuses are being made for the immaturity and work ethic of a six year NBA veteran is an indictment by itself.

I can't imagine a scenario in which the Wizard are a top 4 team in the East and Andray Blatche is a valuable member of this squad. I was high on his potential and I wanted to see not only an improvemt in his production, but in the quality of his character as well. With the franchise turning a chapter from the old Big 3 to a newer younger version, I expected Blatche to be a calming presence in the locker room. Instead, you can make a pretty strong case that he's the dumbest person in a team full of rookies.

Edited by No Excuses

I wish for the 3 we could get local dude 'Melo, but he joined the Knicks :mad:

And Durant extended with that lying douchebag (ask Seattle fans) Clay Bennett in OKC :(

And no chance of us getting LeBron.

I honestly think too that Gilbert hurt the development of Nick, Blatche and Javale. That's why I was so happy when we got him away from Wall. And that's also why I don't want Blatche near him. Vets are influential.

I wish for the 3 we could get local dude 'Melo, but he joined the Knicks :mad

I'm not sure you can win with Melo s your centerpiece.

Durant would be amazing though. (I'm not even going to comment on your third guy :doh:)

Flip was saying in the pregame on 1067 that they're doing some type of voting on the hardest working players in the league and that the Average O (Jeffers) got nominated. "That's pretty good for a guy who's been here 3 weeks."

Also this is a win win game for us. If we lose we help our draft position and if we win we help our draft position.

Also this is a win win game for us. If we lose we help our draft position and if we win we help our draft position.

Nice :D

First off, the Hawks are some trash, they won't make it pass 5 against the Magic, and I am being nice. If anybody disagrees, see me in the NBA Thread.

Blatche is the Gucci Mane of the NBA. He has a couple of nice hits (games) here and there, he might get have a couple of tight versus (plays), he will even get you some sells here and there. But anybody who plays close attention to him will realize he is not as good as people say he is and he will not be able to carry an organization. PERIOD. Like Vishal and GAC said, you don't want nobody like him around your future. Just by association he will bring people down.

One of my friends tried to compare him with Clinton Portis. I could see why people would think that is a fair comparison, but it is not. The Redskins actually won games with Clinton Portis while he carried them on his back. I might get blasted for this, but I also think that Clinton Portis was a hard worker. As of matter of fact, I think he worked too hard.

All in all, Blatche needs to get us some more draft picks. I am willing to give McGee another season or two. :whoknows:

Edited by MLSKINS

Blatche isn't even in the same universe as Portis. Portis was a clown, yes, but when push came to shove you knew he'd be there. He carried some pretty bad offenses to the playoffs. If Blatche was half as good an NBA player as Portis was an NFL player we'd be signing his praises. Blatche is more Rod Gardner.

Blatche isn't even in the same universe as Portis. Portis was a clown, yes, but when push came to shove you knew he'd be there. He carried some pretty bad offenses to the playoffs. If Blatche was half as good an NBA player as Portis was an NFL player we'd be signing his praises. Blatche is more Rod Gardner.

Ah, good ole Rod Garner. That is a good comparison. :ols:

I wish I didn't have to finish my stupid paper, I would have enjoyed seeing this game in its entirely.

Edited by MLSKINS

if we fail into the 8th spot, I'd rather use our combo of 1st round picks and try to move back into top 3-5

Who do you think is worth doing that for?

If we fall to 8th, I say we stay there and stay put wherever ATL pick lands and draft the person that fits what we are trying to build here,

Yeah I'm not really seeing a player that is worth two 1sts. I still think Kanter should be the pick. If Barnes comes out that would almost definitely change things. If we're picking 8th I think Terence Jones should definitely be at the top of the list of possibles. I was big on him earlier in the year but I kinda get a Blatche vibe from him. Great talent but his body language on the court is scary. And he did get into with Calipari midway through.