Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Kyle O'Quinn fulfilling the obligation of a random player deciding to have a great game against us.

I just wanted to come back to this because I've been a big fan of O'Quinn since he lead Norfolk State to an upset of #2 Missouri in the tourney a few years back. He's really worked his ass off to become a great rotation big for the Magic. I was pleased to see him have a decent night.

That 2012 2nd round has actually turned out a bunch of solid players. There's no Parsons or Isaiah Thomas in the group but a bunch of those guys are decent contributors.

Get outta here, Orlando fans! :P

Lol. I'm always pessimistic. I for some reason think that if i concede defeat when it looks like my team will lose it'll make me less mad when it happens. Which is never the case, I'm always pissed off the same either way lol. I'll gladly take the crow anytime I'm wrong tho!

Edited by GOSKINS_08

Wall really is the epitome of a solid franchise building block.

We hurled total dog **** at him at the start of his career. He came in during the Gilbert turmoil. Shared the locker room with a bunch of morons. Lacked proper coaching. Roster was in flux every year, constant line up changes, bad teammates etc.

And he's one of the best players at his position now. He should have been a bust based on all the crap Ernie and Ted threw at him.

Guys, 5 years ago...when we had the knuckleheads on the roster...who would have ever thought that the Wizards would be the most thoroughlly built pro sports team in the city? 

THIS is why I'm so proud of where they are right now.  They deserve it.

dude, this is the first time in my Bullets/Wizards watching life that I have thorough confidence in this team. I never thought Id see this day. 6qLB3a0.gif

Wall really is the epitome of a solid franchise building block.

We hurled total dog **** at him at the start of his career. He came in during the Gilbert turmoil. Shared the locker room with a bunch of morons. Lacked proper coaching. Roster was in flux every year, constant line up changes, bad teammates etc.

And he's one of the best players at his position now. He should have been a bust based on all the crap Ernie and Ted threw at him.

Arghhh! Must restrain comparison.  Must!!!

dude, this is the first time in my Bullets/Wizards watching life that I have thorough confidence in this team. I never thought Id see this day. 6qLB3a0.gif

That pic of MJ, tho LMAOOOOOOOOOO

Before this season, I would watch games vs. teams like the Magic, hoping we'd win.  This season...I watch games EXPECTING the team to win. 

Here's another question...are we cool with Ernie now?  Took him 25 years, but he seemed to figure out how to be a GM this past summer LOL. 

Edited by RonArtest15

Not going overboard is a good point. Relying on winning close games can be like a hot shooting streak, you look great until the shots stop falling. The Wizards are showing growth but they are also showing that they have a ways to go. Contenders find a way to play winning ball for most of the game and win a lot of games fairly easily. We need that to beat better teams, because we can't play bad eastern teams forever.

To be fair I don't think this team has the horses to be that yet. We lack a big time scorer to pair with Wall and Nene's scoring decline hasn't helped. The hope is that Beal will be that, but he's still very young and hasn't hit his third year leap. He certainly has the skills, and I think he's destined to be a 20ppg player so long as he's in a good offense or playing with a great PG. He just needs time.

I don't need this team to be a championship contender this year to be happy though. I'm a very happy fan.

Edited by Destino
  • Like 1

I don't need this team to be a championship contender this year to be happy though. I'm a very happy fan.

same with me

im just happy that I have belief they will win a game. I only had that one time, and that was when Gil was the hottest player in the league in 2007.

Just that feeling of dread leaving me is enough for me as a Wizards fan.