Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Celtics played hard. I think the Wizards are the better beat with maybe not the better coach. But, that's whatever.

Turner is Turner. Guys are going to complain about that all day. But to have that be your rep is a bad thing. The game would have been well over if the refs called it right during regulation. But if you were to point that out, I think he wouldn't agree. He is a discarded 2nd overall pick who is actually playing well on a better (not much) team. He should be happy. 

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2014/12/10/7371145/john-wall-top-25-under-25-kyrie-irving-rankings-lists-standings-all-that-fun-stuff

ESPN released their latest Top 25 Under 25 rankings, and at the top of the list there aren't too many surprises. Anthony Davis has the top spot locked down, followed by productivity monster DeMarcus Cousins. John Wall comes in third in the latest edition, followed closely behind by Kyrie Irving.

I'm not mad at the Celtics. They gave us two great games and played their asses off. You've got to admire the fight they showed and their coach that left the bench mob out there indefinitely when they had success.

I'm not mad at Turner either, he hated a call... that's pretty much part of basketball. It's not like he claimed to be part of the best back court right before losing his spot as a starter.

Yeah this Celtics team is interesting. Some good young talent there, plus Rondo and Bradley are both good. Good coaching. They won't tank, but if they hit a home run with this lottery pick, then I think they could have a really good future.

There is a big difference between the futures of Boston/Orlando and Philly.

I'm not mad at Evan Turner either. Complaining about the call is sour grapes, but he was right, that was a bad call that directly affected the outcome of the game.

But he also can't have it both ways. The Celtics benefited from bad calls down the stretch in regulation that directly effected the outcome of the game. No OT without that awful charge call on Wall against Olynyk. Considering all of the breaks Boston got down the stretch, long rebounds bouncing right to them, crap shots going in (including that desperation heave of a three Turner made to tie the game in regulation), his ass came out well ahead in the luck department for that game.

Wall should be ahead of Cousins. Cousins is a bigger raw talent than Wall. But Cousins is not capable of carrying the weight Wall carries. You can't build a winner around just him. You can't have him be the pillar of your locker room. It's not his personality. Wall is a true franchise player. I would never consider trading Wall for Cousins straight up.

I'm a Cousins fan, but I would move him down the list a little bit because I wouldn't trust him enough to build around him.

I would also sure as **** put Damian Lillard ahead of Irving. I'd go Lillard at #3 behind Wall at #2.

Hmmmm... They posed the question "What if these two players switched teams?" If that happened, I think the Cavs would get better and Washington would suffer.

I agree.  Love's numbers would be MUCH better with John Wall at PG.  Lebron could focus on scoring, which seemed to be what he wanted to do at the start of the season letting Kyrie dominate the ball.  Lebron is back to playing point forward again. easily leading the team in assists, and the Cavs are on a big winning streak.  

Washingtons offense wouldn't work with Kyrie.  He's a better scoring than Wall but we've got a roster full of guys that need a PG to get them easy scoring opportunities, and that's not what Kyrie does well.  He's crap defensively too so no help there. 

Also, I think Wall has proven to be the better leader.

I agree.  Love's numbers would be MUCH better with John Wall at PG.  Lebron could focus on scoring, which seemed to be what he wanted to do at the start of the season letting Kyrie dominate the ball.  Lebron is back to playing point forward again. easily leading the team in assists, and the Cavs are on a big winning streak.  

Washingtons offense wouldn't work with Kyrie.  He's a better scoring than Wall but we've got a roster full of guys that need a PG to get them easy scoring opportunities, and that's not what Kyrie does well.  He's crap defensively too so no help there. 

Also, I think Wall has proven to be the better leader.

I'd add to your leadership remark that Wall has shown complete dedication to raising this team up from the ashes and maintaining a high level of play throughout the roster. Not only has Irving not shown such dedication before LBJ arrived, he won't ever even get the chance to show he's willing while LBJ is there.

Gimme John Wallstar FTW.

Edited by Chachie

9 NBA players have 25+ FGAs in "clutch time" (last 5 mins, up or down w/in 5 pts). John Wall's 48.1% (13-27) ranks 3rd behind Dirk & Monta

“Everyone talks about Paul the veteran, but he’s our leader.” -Pierce on Wall.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

Which ast coach drew this play up?

And why the **** don't we have him drawing up plays when it matters?

Cassell coached summer league I'm pretty sure. That makes sense that play coming from Sam Cassell.

Edited by STBonecrusher21