Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Damn, I so badly wanted a Wall pull up J in the guy's face to end the half.

Wall has been gobbling up some opposing PGs this season.

LA's another soft ass West team that doesn't know how to play defense and has their offense shut down when the other team actually does play defense and games don't become FT shooting contests.

Also, it occurs to me that we're a particularly bad matchup for the Clippers. We've got the best PG defender in the league in Wall and one of the best defensive PFs in Nene. And together they're a pretty good PnR defense. The way you have to beat them is to just pull up and make your jumpers when Wall goes under the screens.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

We have a top 5 defensive team.

Yeah, they have me convinced. We are a physical defensive team. We force opponents to really kick it to another level on offense most games (the last one against Orlando notwithstanding).

The Clippers look so uncomfortable and discombobulated with the way we're defending them. It's a lot of hard work from everyone. Just running down every pass and giving up nothing easy. The only way the Clippers are getting buckets is by making great shots and getting the ball up the court quick off of stops and rebounds. This is good stuff. Oh and getting to the FT line on ticky tack calls.