Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Ha! Jordan was 4-4 from the field, 3-3 at the line, yet finished -6. Good team effort, good defense, good win.

I agree with those of you who say that we should continue bringing Nene off the bench. Humphries is the better spot-up shooter, which jives well with starting alongside Wall, while Nene is better at creating his own shot, which helps the bench.

• Like 1

Five more wins and we'll match our ENTIRE win total from exactly 20 years ago (21-61 in the '94-95 season). Think about that.

Speak for yourself -- 1994 Fergasun's Washington Bullets went 82-0 and won the Championship, led by Georghe Muresan and Calbert Cheaney. 

Thank you Sega Genesis and NBA Live '95!

• Like 2

Speak for yourself -- 1994 Fergasun's Washington Bullets went 82-0 and won the Championship, led by Georghe Muresan and Calbert Cheaney.

Thank you Sega Genesis and NBA Live '95!

Lol, I never had Live back then. Just NBA Jam TE (Tournament Edition). Trying to remember who our three guys were...I wanna say it was definitely Googs and Cheaney. Trying to remember who the third was? Might have been Chapman or Never Nervous Pervis? Maybe Scott Skiles? Definitely one of those three.

But yeah, confession time...I...didn't play with the Bullets. I'm sorry. I couldn't go with Cheaney and Googs. Went with Seattle instead. Payton and Kemp were just beastly. Really regret not riding with the hometown squad though. One of the major shames of my life.

Any # or words I should search? 

Probably what he got T'd for. But damn did they ever need stop.

Search for john wall, chris paul, ref. The actual quote is too inappropriate for me to post but it is absolutely priceless. Do yourself a favor and listen to it.

It's not what he got T'd for, looks like he just yelled it during the inbounds play after the free throws. He got T'd immediately when he went over to the ref and argued with him.

Man I love the talk in the locker room about the Clippers being soft too. I love this kind of trash talk. The team is playing with such an edge. The New Bad Boys. Wall is Zeke. Beal is Dumars. Nene may not seem like Rick Mahorn, but the dude is crazy and kind of scary when pissed. Paul Pierce is Bill Laimbeer? Gortat is John Salley LOL!

• Like 1

My Cousin used to whip my ass with Utah. I couldn't beat him. I remember him lighting me up with Glen Rice too, that guy's shooting mechanics were broken. And I remember Charlotte was stupidly overpowered too with LJ and Zo.

I used to love playing as Orlando with Penny Hardaway and Nick Anderson. Anderson could rain some threes. Went through a Cleveland phase too, that was the white-wash team with Daugherty and Price. I've always liked Mark Price and I think NBA Jam is mostly responsible for that.

Phoenix really had a good team too. KJ, Chuck, and Thunder Dan. You could hit some threes with Barkley. Golden State had a good team too: Mullin, Hardaway, and CWebb. I remember turning fouls off and just mugging people with Tim Hardaway and getting breakaway threes.

Or Rose. Remember, Joe Johnson ended up making the squad last year despite missing much of the season due to injuries. Similar thing could happen with Rose this year.

Damn forgot about Rose. Can't see it being him though. His rep has really taken a hit. And out of sight, out of mind. I think Irving is a lock

Rose will be the starter. He was voted into the game as the starter last season despite the fact he was out for the season and only played like 9 games before he got hurt.

The starting guards will probably be Rose and Wade. If one gets hurt, then Irving is probably the starter.

Shameful, but the starting spots are a popularity contest.