Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Talk about a statement game. That's what I'm talking about.

Three things...

This is the Bradley Beal we need. Somebody was talking earlier in the day, or yesterday, about him needing to score. Tonight, he brought it. I don't even know what he finished with (31?).

I hope we let Nene continue to come off the bench. I think that suits him better. Maybe wait until the end of the season to bring him back in the starting five? But honestly, I wouldn't even do that. 

When Webster comes back, he might not see any playing time immediately. I'm cool with that. Let Butler keep on going until that flame goes out for real man lol

*bonus*

I haven't went back and looked yet, but on that play when Wall fouled Paul and Wall got the T, I think Paul tried to hit him in the face with a bow. I'm about to go look at it now. If I see it, I will post it...

#Wizards improve to 16-6 on season, 4-1 against the Western Conference, and 13-0 when holding teams under 100 points

Like we said prior to the game, we hope the #Clippers enjoyed that 9 game win streak.

Crowd over by #Clippers bench isn't crazy about Matt Barnes. Lots of jawing back and forth between him and the fans. Crawford involved too.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Thinking about it, 25 years a fan, since I was just learning how to tie my shoes and wipe my ass, hitting Bullets games at the Capital Centre with my dad, this honestly might be THE regular season high point of my life.

Some of Gilbert's exploits--his daggers or his 60+ pointer in LA, for example--might be up there but looking back those were Gilbert highs, not Wizards highs (and in retrospect, looking back on it (hindsight being 20-20 and all) they were empty/phoney achievements). This? This here? This was ALL team..

Like I said during the game, this was a statement, putting us on the map, introducing ourselves to the world. I can't recall another season where we were in that situation, where we were good enough to announce **** to ****.

Goddamn it feels good.

• Like 3

Ohhh yea. Definite lunge with the bow.

When I first saw the replay, I knew that he did. I didn't need to double check. But I did it anyway to make sure I was certain. Dude is arguably the dirtiest basketball player I seen. Reason I put him over others is because he does on the sneak tip. Remember when he punched Julius Hodge in the nuts? Dude is shady for real man. 

• Like 1

The Western Conference is soft man. They've got gaudy win totals and high powered offenses, but they don't play defense there. There are three teams that can play real defense in the West. Memphis, Golden State, and San Antonio. That's it. And San Antonio is not a physical defense.

Is there a single team anyone hopes we don't face in the postseason, Eastern Con. or Finals? I honestly can't think of one. And really, I hope we have a tough run, that we earn it. I think we can beat anyone. Make the wins that much more special and tell the haters to eat **** and die at the same time. God, thinking about it, that's EASILY got to be my biggest sports dream. An actual Wizards title...*shiver*

Is there a single team anyone hopes we don't face in the postseason, Eastern Con. or Finals? I honestly can't think of one. And really, I hope we have a tough run, that we earn it. I think we can beat anyone. Make the wins that much more special and tell the haters to eat **** and die at the same time. God, thinking about it, that's EASILY got to be my biggest sports dream. An actual Wizards title...*shiver*

I know Derozan is injured (how long is he out anyway?), but I still would like to avoid Toronto lol

Phil mentioned it but I just noticed, he was holding Wall's arm too. That little bamma man lol

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2014/12/12/7385863/wizards-vs-clippers-final-score-wall-mauls-paul-as-wiz-snip-clips-104

1. John Wall can be a game changer on the defensive end.

Half the teams in the NBA have an All-Star caliber point guard - hell, Phoenix has three. Washington is no different, but that theirs might be the best of them on the defensive end is a huge strategic advantage come playoff time. With Wall's ability to shut down or at least disrupt opposing team's primary ball handlers, the Wizards' have the advantage of defending opponents' secondary plays instead of their bread and butter more often than not. Paul finished 19 points and six assists in addition to six turnovers and was only effective late in the fourth quarter when the game was already out of reach. Kudos to Wall for not falling into the trap of so many great players and neglecting defense.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

San Antonio. That's the only one. Dallas would make me nervous too, the really well coached teams with crafty old players that can blitz us. But I think we can hang with the Mavs.

No one else scares me. Not LA. Not OKC. Not GS or Houston or Portland.

And I respect Toronto and Atlanta, but they don't scare me. I think we beat them in a series due to superior top end talent. Cleveland and Chicago don't scare me and no one else in the East is really worth talking about right now.

So I guess nobody knows when Derozan's coming back, not even Derozan. Only update I've seen is that surgery isn't an option, gotta heal on its own, gonna take week by week. Seen speculation of 4 weeks Ave speculation of 4 months. So basically nobody knows ****. And God bless him, he's a local legend and always will be, but if Greivis Vasquez is filling in at the 2 in replacement of Derozan. their leading scorer...yeah, that's good for us.

Speaking of Atlanta, I just came in here to post... I didn't know they are on a nine game winning streak. I knew they were winning a lot, but I didn't know they weren't losing. Goodness...

So I guess nobody knows when Derozan's coming back, not even Derozan. Only update I've seen is that surgery isn't an option, gotta heal on its own, gonna take week by week. Seen speculation of 4 weeks Ave speculation of 4 months. So basically nobody knows ****. And God bless him, he's a local legend and always will be, but if Greivis Vasquez is filling in at the 2 in replacement of Derozan. their leading scorer...yeah, that's good for us.

No wonder I haven't heard anything either. Nobody knows. Literally.  

We all knew Wall had defensive potential, and he has shown flashes of a lockdown mentality before. Lately, its becoming consistent. Thats the mark of greatness.

He's hungry. He will never stop working to get better. He's got the heart of a champion and that's what sets him apart from the other young players with tons of talent and potential. He's got the perfect mix of confidence, sensitivity, unselfishness, aggression, passion, and patience. He is absolutely the leader we want and it's been a joy to watch him actually grow into the player we thought he could be when we drafted him.

Man how lucky were we to get the #1 pick in that year? Honestly, I think he and Anthony Davis were the best stud prospects to come out since that Oden/Durant year. I've always felt that, but people would call me crazy for saying it before now. Especially when Derrick Rose exploded and Blake Griffin became an instant star.

But at no point would I have traded Wall for either Rose or Griffin, even when things weren't going well. And I certainly wouldn't trade him for either now.

I like that the basketball world essentially gave up on John and trashed him. I like that he's making everyone eat their words.

He's going to get us a ring. I don't know how long it'll take but the dude is just special. He'll get us one. Basketball isn't the complete crap shoot that baseball is. You can tell when someone has "it" and is in a good enough situation to win a ring. I never doubted LeBron would get a ring. I don't doubt Durant will get one. I certainly don't doubt that Davis will get one. And I think Wall gets one too.

The Wizards and the Nats treat me so well. It's such a great time to be a fan of these two franchises. It's made ignoring the Redskins shockingly easy.

Oh and I watched my first Caps game of the season Tuesday night. It was fun.

• Like 1

i knew this back when he punched Julius Hodge in the nuts back in 2004.

For those who don't know/remember...

And speaking of Atlanta, they've been talented for a minute now. Health has been their issue. And regardless of what he's doing now, until he proves otherwise, I'm not expecting to see Horford in the postseason at all.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.
  • Like 1