Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Someone mentioned Vesely the other day. I I didn't know this:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/21/jan-vesely-exits-nba-historically-quickly/

Ray is James Ray out of Jacksonville University and drafted by the Nuggets 5th overall...in 1980. Is what it is. Just thought I'd share.

A boy named Jan.  Shoot me now. 

Last night Monta Ellis went off plain and simple and Wall had an off shooting night.  Welcome back young Brad!

Hey, not upset at losing to the Mavs.  They came in 7-2 also.  Close game.  With Beal back in the fold, it might take a few games to get the rotation down.  I'd sit Temple for now as he's hurt, so maybe play Butler more in his spot as he was on fire the last few games.

One thing Randy needs to learn to do, is when Wall is in a shooting funk, take him out for a few minutes and talk to him. I'd tell, him, John, your shot isn't falling, but I want you to keep your head in the game.  You seem to not keep your head in the game when your shot is not falling.  (Sounds like a Snickers commercial) You're my leader and I need you to lead in other ways; assists, steals, defense, rebounding, whatever you can do.  Now, get back in there and get your head in the game. (butt slap).

We need less breaks between games.  Seems like we haven't played in forever.  I think the team needs to play and keep in a rhythm. Too long a layoff.  But hey, we're 7-3.  Let's win some more games and keep playing hard.

• Like 1

I still can't get over that hilarious sequence by Temple last night

He gets the ball in the corner and launches a 3. It hits the side of the back board but the ball stays in play and we get the rebound. Ge runs to the opposite corner, get the ball, launches another 3 and air balls it.

It was sort an amazing 20 seconds.

I'd love to get a gif of that. And wherever people say our good start doesn't mean **** because we've only played ****, just reply with that gif: Yeah but he was starting for us Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.
  • Like 1

I think Temple is the one who got the rebound on that shot that hit the side of the backboard. That was a nice play. During that sequence I was like,

"Oh no Temple. OK there you go, good job. OH NO TEMPLE!"

I like the guy and I root for him. And I think having players like him for your deep bench is important. Key word deep. His game is a mess right now.

The Wiz need to beat an actual good team soon. The good thing for them is that the East is atrocious and the schedule is really soft through December.

Good, that means ample time for them to build chemistry now that Beal is back. If they can stay healthy, they'll be really dangerous against the best teams in the league by January. 

Seraphin had the roughest sequence of defense to offense that I've seen in a NBA game this year.  Got yammed on by Wright and then ended up getting TO on the other end of the floor when he tried to do too much. 

The entire time I was thinking "don't throw the ball to Seraphin, he's going to do something very dumb while trying redeem himself"

I hate being right sometimes.

Good, that means ample time for them to build chemistry now that Beal is back. If they can stay healthy, they'll be really dangerous against the best teams in the league by January. 

I hope so cause it's important for this team to actually show it can regularly beat teams that are considered good.

I can't say it enough, what a blessing it was that Ariza didn't take the contract offer from the Wiz.

Don't think this has been posted yet. My apologies if it has...

I guess Wall is about to be on the cover of Slam:

jw_640.jpg

And here's the cover story. Great read:

http://www.slamonline.com/john-wall/#.VG4lR8k8Lfu

Absolutely impossible to read that and not get hyped if you're a Wizards fan. Dude just gets it. No chance in hell I'd trade him for Kyrie.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.
  • Like 3

LeBron James@KingJames

D.C.what's good! Always loved this city

Lol remember when he first was a free agent, there was pipe dream talk that maybe, just maybe, he'd come here. I said I would stop following the Wiz as long as he was on the team. I was dead serious too. I think you were with me on that Brave. I remember somebody was Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I don't know what I'd do if he were on the team.

Maybe be a gutless homer and start defending him and enjoying the good moments while ignoring everything I dislike about him until the day he left.

Or maybe just keep my mouth shut about him and say only really noncommittal obvious things like, "yeah he's really talented."

Actually that's definitely what I'd do. That's basically what I'm doing with DeSean Jackson. I can't stand him. But I also don't really give a rat's ass about the Redskins right now. I love the Wizards and love following them.

Regardless, I'm glad he's not here. I think I enjoy watching him much more from afar. I don't actually hate him. Or Kobe for that matter. And Blake Griffin and Dwyane Wade have gotten that way for me now too. Don't like them, absolutely despise their fanboys, but I respect and appreciate them.

Harden I ****ing hate.

Lol remember when he first was a free agent, there was pipe dream talk that maybe, just maybe, he'd come here. I said I would stop following the Wiz as long as he was on the team. I was dead serious too. I think you were with me on that Brave. I remember somebody was

I might have been. Wish I could search back

• Like 1

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/wp/2014/11/21/cleared-for-contact-martell-webster-is-easing-back-in-to-practice

Cleared for contact, Martell Webster is easing back in to practice

Bradley Beal’s return Wednesday wasn’t the only significant steppingstone for an injured member of the Washington Wizards this week. Martell Webster has been cleared for contact and was a limited practice participant Tuesday and Thursday.

Webster, 27, underwent his third back surgery in four years on June 27 and was given a recovery timetable of three to five months. He said his return remains “on schedule,” which would mean a return by the end of November. On Thursday, Webster participated in half-court work with contact.

The Wizards could use Webster’s specialty: three-point shooting. The 6-foot-7 swingman shot 39.2 percent from behind the arc in 78 games last season and is a 38.5 percent career three-point shooter.

• Like 3

Who would you all compare Wall's athleticism too?

Trying to get someone psyched into following the Wizards (lifetime local and a big Bullets fan back in the days, he just got burnt out on the losing). They've watched some over the last few years but not much. Trying to hype them up on Wall. He has the true PG game of a Chris Paul combined with the athleticism of...*fill in the blank*.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Trying to get someone psyched into following the Wizards (lifetime local and a big Bullets fan back in the days, he just got burnt out on the losing). They've watched some over the last few years but not much. Trying to hype them up on Wall. He has the true PG game of a Chris Paul combined with the athleticism of...*fill in the blank*.

Wow. You're stumping me here. Hmmm....

Russell Westbrook