Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I am admittedly a Wizards bandwaggoner this year.  I following them only casually during the regular season, but Bullet Fever is back and I've been watching this team in the playoffs.

So can someone explain why Otto Porter was so buried on the bench this year? I know he was hurt early on, but he never seemed to get any significant playing time at all even when healthy.  His PT was so scarce I wondered whether he was written off by management as a draft mistake ala Jan Vesely.

What gives?

Porter played very poorly the first 10 games or so that he got in. He started to be productive late in the season but not productive enough to take anyones minutes. I suspect he will get a lot more PT next year. Earlier in the year bust was written all over him

Here's to a good game 6. Really hope they can get to a game 7. Really tired of Washington teams being eliminated from post season play at home. I really don't want to see that **** eating grin from Hibbert. Damn shame he woke up game 2 of this series.

Edited by Zazzaro703
  • Like 1

Statistically speaking, Porter's already the rebounder Ariza is.  Ariza grabs 10.1% of the available rebounds when he's on the court, and Porter grabs 10.4%.  They go about it slightly differently, as Porter grabs a higher rate of offensive rebounds. 

Sample size.

If Wall can shoot 45-50% the rest of this series, we are going to play Miami.  We just need him to shoot well for two games.  Another crap game and we are finished.

All I know is this storm better be passing through. Can't have my satellite going out for the game.

Doesn't look like it. Supposed to be here all through the night. 

John Wall 'locked in the same way I was for Game 5' http://ow.ly/wTNKd  #WizardsTalk #WizPacers pic.twitter.com/r7qaUFozTc

Edited by STBonecrusher21

All I know is this storm better be passing through. Can't have my satellite going out for the game.

I'm in the same boat smh. Only reason not to like Directv. It did it for about 10 minutes during the bulls series game 5 when it was storming.