Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

This makes the 8 pick really interesting. Looking at Coulibaly, Whitmore, Hendricks now. Most of the current wings on this team aren't long for this team anyway. Could use a guy like Hendricks who can be a stretch 4 that plays good defense. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

His turnovers will go down if/when he learns he doesn't have to be Steph 2.0.

His turnovers aren't actually unreasonable.  Unless you are asking him to be Steph 2.0.

His TOV% is less than Draymond's and the ratio between TOV% and assist% for the two of them leans to Poole.

It is larger than Klay's and Wiggin's, but his assist% is more than twice theirs.

His TO % is slightly larger than Marcus Smart and his assist % is slightly higher.  Their ratios would be pretty similar (within 2).  Nobody really talks about Smart turning the ball over too much.

(Now, Poole is making about twice as much as Smart.  And therein lies the part of the problem.)

They got to take the BPA and long term BPA.  When you are starting over with a rebuild with the 8th pick, it pretty much has to be the guy with the highest ceiling for when you pick.  You can't worry about fit/need at all.  This should be a swing for the fence pick by the Wizards.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1

Three second round round scratchers tonight. Any names that jump out at you?

One for me is GG Jackson. Had some poor numbers playing on a bad team in the SEC team last year. But he should have been a high school senior. If this regime is supposed to be good at player development, he would provide a nice opportunity.

51 minutes ago, gbear said:

With the first round swaps in future years, do you swap regardless of who starts w higher pick?

my understanding is the wiz get the lower of the two 1st round picks each year 14,16,18,20 

• Like 1

I was watching a podcast with Paul George. It was filmed about a week or so ago. He was asked which player could break out as a superstar if they were in a different situation. Without hesitation, he said Jordan Poole. So, who knows. He’ll definitely get his shots.

On the other hand (even though some guys will get moved) they currently have five guards not counting Davis. He may have a difficult time getting on the court. 

8 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I was watching a podcast with Paul George. It was filmed about a week or so ago. He was asked which player could break out as a superstar if they were in a different situation. Without hesitation, he said Jordan Poole. So, who knows. He’ll definitely get his shots.

On the other hand (even though some guys will get moved) they currently have five guards not counting Davis. He may have a difficult time getting on the court. 

They probably move one of Morris, Wright and Jones soon. I hope they don’t sell low on Jones. He’s a guy they should get a first for, whether it is now or the deadline

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

LOL.  We took my advice and went for the home run!!  Love it.  I would have been ok with Bufkin as well.

Listening to Bleav in Wiz live and they had a guy that said Bufkin was a safe pick with a low ceiling.