Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Just now, Destino said:

You're insane.  Marcin having to guard on the perimeter last this game.

thats bad coaching.

No. The bigs have to be able to cover the other teams' bigs at a bare minimum. Olynyk had 26 almost uncontested jumpers! Marcin was total **** tonight, and has been the entire series. 

I mean Gortat averaged a double double this year. I'm not sure what happened tonight but he shouldn't be this bad.

I still think Mahimi has a purpose as a defensive big but for the amount he's getting paid, he's definitely more liability than benefit.

Have to hope Oubre develops some offensive game. Its key to have cheap players on rookie deals to give you quality bench minutes like what the Celtics have with guys like Rozier and Brown.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean Gortat averaged a double double this year. I'm not sure what happened tonight but he shouldn't be this bad.

Gortat has been trash since the AS break.  He's done as a starting caliber center.  He should be getting like 22 minutes a night.  Mahinmi was supposed to pick up the slack but he was a bust.

• Like 3

**** Gortat. **** him.

There is no excuse to let your team down like that. Every other starter approached or broke 20 and he handed Boston 700 points. Keep tweeting about reporters calling the team out on truths, I'm sure that will help us next Game 7.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Did not get to see the game just watched it on updates. Was it the bench? Coaching? Refs? Did the Wiz stars let us down? All of the above? Sounds like the defense wasn't up to snuff reading the last few posts.

It's always the bench and tonight was no different.  Walls stat line wasn't bad but he was forcing it and had some costly turnovers.  Beal was a boss.  Brooks was outmatched.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

Just now, CRobi21 said:

Yes. 

Bench mostly. Can blame  Brooks some too for sticking with Gortat and Mahimi as much as he did. Wall gets some blame he didn't play that well tonight but in fairness he's been incredible this playoffs and the bench gives him literally no time to rest.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Did not get to see the game just watched it on updates. Was it the bench? Coaching? Refs? Did the Wiz stars let us down? All of the above? Sounds like the defense wasn't up to snuff reading the last few posts.

Dont know how you miss a game 7....

but anyways, 4 of 5 Washington starters had about 20 points each. Boston's two centers combined for 41 points, ours combined for 6. That's the ball game. 

It was the bench and coaching.

Gortat should not have played the entire 2nd half. Our best stretch in this game came in the 2nd quarter when he was out.

Shoulda went small earlier.

Saying that, this is all on Ernie Grunfeld. The bench was a disaster and it was a bomb scare tonight. Any other owner fires the guy he allowed to spend all his cap space on improving hte bench only for it to get worse. Ted will probably give Ernie an extension.

Just now, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

He played like a ****ing spineless coward the entire series. Sorry ****. GOD I HATE the ****ing celtics

man, shut up.

he did not play like a spineless coward. He was mismatched. This wasnt the series for him but because of the ebola virus bench, he had to play. He tried his hardest.

Also he is old and that position will need a rethink this offseason.

• Like 1