Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Did not get to see the game just watched it on updates. Was it the bench? Coaching? Refs? Did the Wiz stars let us down? All of the above? Sounds like the defense wasn't up to snuff reading the last few posts.

Halftime it was 55-53 wizards... 

Celtics just had more shots and more firepower.  Olynyk had 26 points off the bench.  I didnt see the final 3 point stats, but it seemed like it came down to Beal, Wall and starters not being able to keep up.  

Feel like bench let the Wizards down -- they only had 5 bench points... (not sure if stat was true).  

Stars for Wiz did show up, 4 were in double digits by halftime.  But I dont remember what happened with Morris and Porter down stretch.  

At the end of the day, this is our ceiling until Ernie gets fired.  Only way forward is to draft really well in the mid to late rounds.  Without that we'll keep making short sighted trades to put out immediate fires without anyway forward.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

man, shut up.

he did not play like a spineless coward. He was mismatched. This wasnt the series for him but because of the ebola virus bench, he had to play. He tried his hardest.

Also he is old and that position will need a rethink this offseason.

You shut up, he played like a scared ****. Every time he touched the ball he was scared. EVERY TIME.......

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21

4 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

man, shut up.

he did not play like a spineless coward. He was mismatched. This wasnt the series for him but because of the ebola virus bench, he had to play. He tried his hardest.

Also he is old and that position will need a rethink this offseason.

Fine. He played like a gump. Feel better? Guy was a joke on both ends. No excuse to score 3 points in a Game 7.

• Like 2

Also, in the 1h it seemed like Celtics ball movement, bad Wizard defense enabled a ton of open, under the basket shots.

At the end of the day, you dont expect the offensive explosion from Olynyk... 

And I wish Gref Anthony would shut up about Celtics "toughness" --- easy to say at the end of the game with an 8 point separation, but Wiz were right there with them and it was a hard fought playoff game.  

Wiz probably also had a ft advantage... 

2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

and you are calling people that you see on TV cowards.

Gortat had a terrible game. Just say that. No need for all the other nonsense.

**** are you, his girlfriend???? He played terrible the entire series.....He played horrible the entire game. We just lost a ****ing game 7, stop responding to me cornball.....

1 minute ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

**** are you, his girlfriend???? He played terrible the entire series.....He played horrible the entire game. We just lost a ****ing game 7, stop responding to me cornball.....

Are you his **** holster?

All I said is he was terrible. Say that. Calling someone a coward and all of hte other nonsense is unnecessary, sports talk radio crap. We better than that. Lets be better than that.

5 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Ernie can never deliver a good bench. Had same problem in the big 3 era. Same problem now. 

The real Ernie special is that we have no draft picks and barely any cap room. 

That's because he trades away all his draft picks. Which is doubly weird since he's been relatively good of late with Wall Beal Porter and Oubre (though bad overall)

6 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Ernie can never deliver a good bench. Had same problem in the big 3 era. Same problem now. 

The real Ernie special is that we have no draft picks and barely any cap room. 

that will come up next season.

Oh yeah, and he is getting an extension despite wasting our cap space on that bench.

But Brooks' failure to adjust was so Scott Brooks.

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

that will come up next season.

Oh yeah, and he is getting an extension despite wasting our cap space on that bench.

But Brooks' failure to adjust was so Scott Brooks.

If you have no bench how can you adjust?

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Are you his **** holster?

All I said is he was terrible. Say that. Calling someone a coward and all of hte other nonsense is unnecessary, sports talk radio crap. We better than that. Lets be better than that.

No, apparently that's your job......

Don't tell me what to say, mind your business and stop stalking me....

Just now, Burgold said:

If you have no bench how can you adjust?

Gortat and Mahinmi were being exploited.

Our best moment in this game came when he went small with Morris at the 5.

We never saw that again. Oubre not playing was inexcusable. He is the key to our small lineup.

Instead Brooks went with that Smith/Mahinmi lineup late in the 3rd quarter and Boston reeled off points.

The bench has limited him. Not denying that, but he had some options.

• Like 2