Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

No one on this team is used to their best ability.

Porter had a pretty sweet game from the high post in college.

What does Randy do? Shoves him at SG sometimes. Puts him at SF sometimes. Doesn't define a role for him. Doesn't create sets that maximize his abilities.

I'm probably going to full on boycott this franchise if Randy isn't fired at the end of this year. **** whatever playoff success they have this year. For the long term sake of this team, it needs a new coaching staff.

• Like 3

I like to look at Lakers box scores just to angry up my blood a little. Jordan Clarkson with 26-07-11 assists in an overtime win tonight. Meanwhile Cash Considerations keeps racking up DNPs.

Grunfeld is an virus. The fact that he's still allowed to build this team shows how little the owner cares about winning.

• Like 2

Just making it wasn't the goal this season, but you're right, we're not above celebrating a playoff appearance.  Without the good fortune of winning the John Wall lottery, we wouldn't be anywhere close to the playoffs.

Getting bounced in the first round by Toronto might be good for us too, if it gets Wittman fired.

I'm really hoping Leonsis doesn't run this franchise the way he has run the Capitals. He allowed championship contending teams to miss their opportunity for a title because he wouldn't make the tough choices. We are definitely seeing signs of that right now. Wittman should've stayed an interim coach and a true coaching search should've been conducted, will that mistake be corrected? Grunfield has only made good decisions to correct his horrible ones all throughout his tenure. We need a GM who isn't 50/50 on every personnel decision. 

It all starts at the top. Results reflect leadership....or the lack thereof. 

I've given up hope of getting rid of Grunfeld.  Lucking into John Wall saved his job.

But I haven't given up hope that we can contend despite him.  That's the only thing that keeps me watching TBH.

And objectively speaking, Grunfeld isn't the utter disaster at his job that Randy Wittman is.  Don't get me wrong, he's a problem.  I'll never get past Gungate with Grunfeld.  I can't believe any GM could survive that.  Imagine the kind of culture Grunfeld established that could allow that to happen.  It'd never happen to any competent GM.

That said, Wittman is the biggest and most obvious problem with the team right now.  If we manage to replace him with a coach that's legitimately good, I think we'd be surprised about just how much that would actually fix.  You'd see the ripple effect throughout all facets of the team.  Mark Jackson to Steve Kerr (and Mark Jackson wasn't as bad as Randy).

Grunfeld is like 20/80 on his personnel decisions. Not only did Clarkson have a great game, Noel had a double double.

The Wizards don't need that type of young talent on their roster at all!

Ernie's already researching what aging backup PG he will trade Otto for next season.

Grunfeld is like 20/80 on his personnel decisions. Not only did Clarkson have a great game, Noel had a double double.

The Wizards don't need that type of young talent on their roster at all!

The sad thing is fans are saying its a good thing we didn't take Noel because Randy would've ruined him. How pathetic is it that you shouldn't take good players in the draft because your coach won't use them lol

Jordan Clarkson with 26-07-11 assists in an overtime win tonight. Meanwhile Cash Considerations keeps racking up DNPs.

Are you ****ing kidding me? 26-7-11? Now Im angry. Think we would have made the trade for Sessions if we had this guy on the roster? EG is a fool.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12563832/nba-espn-nba-forecast-ranks-nba-starting-point-guards-no-1-chris-paul-no-30-dante-exum

Wall comes in at #4. Hard to really argue with those placed above him. A better surrounding cast and his "leadership" probably goes up by virtue of having more wins.

Leadership is a BS ranking because you can't quantify it.  It's a yes/no proposition, either you have it or you don't.  Also it's kind of silly to rank someone like Mike Conley a better leader than Wall when he isn't the leader of his team.  Ditto for Lillard.

#4 overall is fair though.  But he should easily be #1 in defense and #1 or #2 in playmaking.  They've overrated his scoring ability though, so I guess it evened out.

Edited by stevemcqueen1