Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/237279/Billy-Donovan-Considering-Move-To-NBA

Billy Donovan Considering Move To NBA

Billy Donovan is interested in leaving Florida for the NBA more than ever before, according to sources.

Donovan figures to draw interest from multiple NBA teams this offseason.

Donovan recently agreed to a one-year contract extension to stay with the Gators through the 2020 season, according to multiple media reports, but the contract contains a buyout for a mere $500,000 if an NBA opportunity arises. 

Donovan rejected serious interest from the Minnesota Timberwolves and Cleveland Cavaliers last offseason.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Read this

http://www.truthaboutit.net/2015/03/synergy-tells-all-regarding-the-wizards-offense-or-lack-thereof.html

Synergy Tells All Regarding the Wizards Offense, Or Lack Thereof

That is a severely depressing read. When analytics and "eye test" say the same thing, somebody in upper-management needs to take action.

who would have guessed this:

Washington’s two primary ball handlers, Wall and Beal, both shoot a good amount of midrange jumpers, but the difference is Wall shoots better than 40 percent on jumpers from 15-to-19 feet, while Beal only shoots 33.1 percent.

and based on this:

Nene is shooting just 37 percent on shots 10-to-14 feet away from the basket, and his sharp decline in shooting touch makes Kris Humphries’ 17-game absence even more glaring. Nene has struggled over the last 14 games, ranking dead last in Net Points for the Wizards at minus-69. Net points is the best way to calculate both offensive and defensive ratings into one metric and is calculated by points produced-points allowed

I don't think we can beat the Bulls with Nene playing like this.

Edited by StillUnknown

Click to read the rest http://www.bulletsforever.com/2015/4/2/8329075/marcin-gortat-washington-wizards-philadelphia-76ers-recap-game-talking

Locker room tension still high for Gortat, Wizards despite victory over 76ers

The Wizards center had 23 points on 10-11 shooting to go along with 14 rebounds as the Wizards outpaced Philadelphia 106-93 at the Verizon Center.

If you expected Gortat to be in a talkative mood after his big performance and his win, you haven't been following the Polish big man over the last month. Gortat once again was reticent to say many words following the victory. What he did say, left questions about how much he is on the same page as his teammates and coaches as the Wizards limp towards the playoffs.

"They were just passing me the ball," Gortat said when asked about what was different tonight that allowed him to be so effective. "I was doing the same thing I do every single game...and they were just passing the ball."

While Coach Randy Wittman said after the game that Gortat's effectiveness was because he was rolling at the rim instead of popping out after screens to look for jumpers, Gortat clearly saw things differently. Responding to a question that referenced Wittman's postgame comments, Gortat seemed perplexed: "I don't know how to answer that question. I am quite sure I am rolling every time."

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I await the return of Temple and how he will inevitably take minutes away from better players.

Michael Ruffin 2.0

I saw Michael Ruffin score in double digits in a playoff game...with my own eyes. jes sayin'.

The Wizards are gonna stomp the Knicks tonight. A Good Friday.

Edited by Rocky21

The Wizards are gonna stomp the Knicks tonight. A Good Friday.

Sure hope so, I'm taking my son to his first game tonight.  He's 8 years old and probably only really likes them because of me as he's in that "I have 2 favorite teams" stage.  OKC and the Wiz.  I'd like him to witness a high-flying, exciting beatdown.

Wall could get anyone an easy shot.... but that would be worse because we all would likely blow it. Being on the floor with those giants is bad for confidence.

Wall seems to always go hard at Larkin. He looks offended when he sees that he's being defended by him.

3 notes from this game:

1. It's hilarious when they ask if Otto should be starting, and every tweet that shows up on the game feed says, "that's what we have been saying all season long!" Pretty much everyone had an emphatic yes to that question.

2. Temple has a good suit game

3. Paul looks like he's giving a sermon tonight.

3 notes from this game:

1. It's hilarious when they ask if Otto should be starting, and every tweet that shows up on the game feed says, "that's what we have been saying all season long!" Pretty much everyone had an emphatic yes to that question.

2. Temple has a good suit game

3. Paul looks like he's giving a sermon tonight.

4. We need to upgrade our celebrity fan, Wale can't be that representative.

Silly turnover. That was a nice drive by Otto. Beat two defenders to the rim and then got it in with the reverse.

John's been taking some pretty lazy shots the past couple of games. He's toying with crap teams but it has him very complacent in his shot selection.

Also not impressed with that shot selection from Beal on the baseline handoff. They rushed into that play. Should have come away with a better possession.

We're up by 13 but there is just too much complacency. They're ****ing around and if they're not careful, the Knicks will gain confidence and make a game out of it.

I don't like those kinds of foul calls that they tagged Gortat with. Gortat had position and Ledo just jumped into him. On top of that, Gortat got ball on the contest.

Refs screwed John over on that last drive. He completely beat both defenders and they clobbered him trying to recover and no whistle.

Biggest things I want to see from Otto for next season are improvement from the FT line and from spotting up for three. He could be a damn good player if he gets to 80% from the line and close to 40% on catch and shoot threes.