Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I love Shaka, he is an  amazing college coach, but he is not an NBA coach. He system is very specific. Havoc is not coming to the NBA and it would be a disaster.

Shaka Smart is a damn good tactician and uses man to man defense.

Im not saying I want him to coach, but his philosophy isnt just "havoc."

He not Brad Stevens but he not how some of you are describing him.

At this point I will take anyone who doesn't draw inspiration from the worst NBA era of all time.

What's really sad is that a lot of candidates from years ago who were discussed in Wizards forums are highly successful now. Dave Joerger being one of them.

But here we are, rolling with the Ed Tapscott and Randy Wittman.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

It just blows my mind that Porter got as little time as he did yesterday. Beal went down early and Porter still barely played? Ridiculous. To be fair Webster has been somewhat better as of late, but Butler has been garbage. If Webster's minutes are to go up, they should come at the expense of Butler's, not Porter's. Is his 3pt shot really that bad? He's hit some of them. Can't be any worse than Butler, now that Butler has cooled off.

• Like 1

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2015/3/26/8295407/randy-wittman-nba-coach-rankings-espn-washington-wizards

Randy Wittman ranked the 26th best coach in the NBA by ESPN panel

All this week, ESPN has been ranking the NBA's front office personnel. Tuesday, we learned the Wizards came in 21st overall, with Wizards President Ernie Grunfeld finishing 20th among key decision makers.

Today, ESPN unveiled their rankings for all 30 NBA coaches, and as you might expect, Randy Wittman did not fare well at all. He finished 26th in this year's rankings. The only coaches to finish below Wittman are Derek Fisher and Byron Scott, who are both in their first year coaching their respective teams, and interim coaches James Borrego and Melvin Hunt.

As the rankings clearly show, Wittman isn't winning critics over with his performance, even though he's on pace to finish the season with the best record of his career. But clearly at this point, Wittman isn't just fighting off a bad perception in NBA circles, he's fighting for his job, as the team has floundered since mid-January.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Wizards up by 9 after 1 quarter. I can only follow the play-by-play, but why is Webster in the rotation? He missed all his shots.

Gotat and Wall got the entire quarter... 2nd quarter lineup is Sessions, Beal Seraphin, Webster and Gooden... lead may be melting away a bit...