Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kevin Kolb on the trade block now?

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

from Rotoworld:

At his Tuesday press conference, Eagles coach Andy Reid refused to rule out a Kevin Kolb trade prior to the October NFL trade deadline.

Reid reemphasized that Kolb has "a bright future," but the Eagles are perhaps the most aggressive team in the league, having become even more so since GM Howie Roseman took over this offseason. We have to believe they'll listen to any trade proposals. The Browns were reported to have strong interest in Kolb during draft weekend, and there is plenty of quarterback uncertainty throughout the league. The Eagles will definitely get offers.

http://www.rotoworld.com/

hilarious.

Sal pal said on Mike & Mike this morning, that he guaranteed he would be reporting trade possibilities for Kolb by this afternoon. I'm not real familiar with his contract, but I think he's only got a one year deal, so he'd be a free agent after the season. :whoknows:

EDIT: That's wrong.

On March 26, Adam Schefter reported that the Eagles expected Kolb to be the starting quarterback for the 2010 season. On April 4, McNabb was traded to the Washington Redskins, making Kolb the starting quarterback. Kolb signed a one-year contract extension worth $12.25 million on April 29, keeping him under contract with the Eagles through the 2011 season.

from rotoworld a few seconds ago:

Anthony Gargano of WIP Radio in Philadelphia reports that Browns officials called the Eagles Tuesday night about the availability of Kevin Kolb.

The Eagles said he wasn't available, but we can fully expect plenty of Kolb-to-Cleveland rumors leading up to the October 19 deadline. Browns GM Tom Heckert, the old Eagles GM, is a big-time believer in Kolb, and wanted to trade for him in April. Philadelphia will likely hold onto Kolb as long as possible in case the decision to start Michael Vick backfires. A trade isn't out of the question closer to the deadline, however, as coach Andy Reid all but acknowledged at his Tuesday press conference.

Truthfully, if I'm Kolb, I bolt this organization after this year (unless they trade him prior). Even if he does get his starting job back and blows up, I would still leave the Eagles after how they **** on the guy. I'd force a franchise tag and tell them to trade me I'm not signing. No way I would have a coach **** on me the way Reid has and get away with it. Reid has lost all trust from his starting QB by this jackass move, and it's going to cost him dearly in the end. What can you expect from a guy who trades a Pro-Bowl QB to a division rival. Not the moves of a smart man.

This is just hilarious.

Philly is really looking like they're on the downswing. But what baffles me is that they seemed to initiate the whole process.

You add that to my idea that Dallas is also on the downswing and will soon be closer to the 2009 Redskins than a Superbowl contender, and it's looking like Washington Vs. New York for the NFC East. How quick things can change in the NFL.

Archived