Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kevin Kolb on the trade block now?

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

I was reading an interview with Vinny Ceratto, and he claimed to be watching a lot of preseason film. My favorite part was when he said that he couldn't believe how good Kevin Kolb was. I had heard nothing but the opposite from people who were watching Philly games, but it definitely goes to show you that Ceratto only says what he thinks other people are going to say. He must have based his opinion entirely on the fact that Philly moved McNabb and that they must have some idea of what they're doing.

I think it's clear that it's all about money for Lurie.

McNabb was too expensive, worn out his welcome, proved his ceiling, whatever excuse you give.

So they trade him and give the helm to Kolb. Sink or swim he's the guy.

He starts game one, gets knocked out, and loses his job to injury. Why? What have we seen from the guy yet? 5 completions?

Vick is more exciting. His style is more productive with the current line probably. I mean who hasn't enjoyed watching him? He's exciting. So Howie sits down with Reid on Mon, after Reid has said "Kolb is the guy", and suddenly he's not the guy. WTF?

So Kolb is once again on the sideline, even though he's healthy. Say this statement. "This Eagles team with Mike Vick can win the Super Bowl" If you actually believe it then this is smart. If you are like the rest of us and believe that no way this is possible, then why are you not finding out what you have in KolB? Take your lumps and develop your QB.

Ownership is not at all happy with that. They see an exciting player in Vick and want some wins. So here we go to a .500 season, and a FA QB in the last year of his contract.

Andy Reid ****ed up the Kolb situation. It's a no-win situation for Kolb in Philthy now. The minute he steps on the field in Philthy and throws an errant pass the boos will start and those boos will get louder and louder with each errant pass.

Kolb's confidence has already been shattered by Reid IMO and it's going to take some time for him to build that confidence back up. He went from McNabb's backup, to franchise qb, to Vick's backup within a half a game. He's got to be questioning his own ability now. Not good.

I said it before and I'll say it again. McNabb has plenty left in the tank and will be a very productive QB for our beloved Redskins for a minimum of three years. Thanks Andy.

I thought Kolb signed a long term deal this offseason? I must be thinking of some other QB.

As far as I understand he signed a two year deal that gives him 12.5 million this year and next year 1.4 million.....they didn't give him a long term deal...they left room to give Vick a huge contract extension next year because he will become a free agent

Truthfully, if I'm Kolb, I bolt this organization after this year (unless they trade him prior). Even if he does get his starting job back and blows up, I would still leave the Eagles after how they **** on the guy. I'd force a franchise tag and tell them to trade me I'm not signing. No way I would have a coach **** on me the way Reid has and get away with it. Reid has lost all trust from his starting QB by this jackass move, and it's going to cost him dearly in the end. What can you expect from a guy who trades a Pro-Bowl QB to a division rival. Not the moves of a smart man.
I'll never understand why people fly to the defense of young backup QB's. If Kolb didn't want to be jerked around by the Eagles organization, all he had to do was play better. I mean, the Eagles traded away a guy whose career falls a little short of being HoF-worthy just to clear the way for Kolb to play. And Kolb was plain awful throughout the preseason and in his first game. He has no one to blame but himself for the situation he's in now.

So, the Eagles essentially traded Donovan McNabb at 33 for a chance to start Michael Vick at 31.

And MIchael Vicks' game is still based on his ability to run with the football in the open field. His ability to throw the ball feeds off that defensive fear.

What are the chances that Vick stays upright for the balance of the 2010 season playing with that style? Defenses are going to punish him and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go out with an injury or concussion down the road.

So much for the youth movement in Philly at QB, though :D

Archived