Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Design for the dollar bill

Gibbsisgod2006

http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/721294

"The American dollar is in bad need of a makeover. Thanks to the Dollar ReDe$ign Project, we may now have some options.

Organized by creative strategy consultant Richard Smith, the Dollar ReDe$ign Project is soliciting ideas for the dollar bill of the future. "Our great 'rival', the Euro, looks so spanky in comparison it seems the only clear way to revive this global recession is to rebrand and redesign," the project notes on its website.

Fisher started the project in with the intent of "trying to find a catalyst to restart our economy" he told Fox News. The recent competition is now closed, and voting ends on September 30. "This has touched people's hearts," Fisher said, and "people feel the dollar touches their lives."

The leading vote-getter for this year's competition (pictured below) was submitted by British duo Dowling Duncan, which features a unique vertical design."

How does President Obama get on the dollar bill I know it still needs to voted on but really what has he done to deserve to be on any tender.

Now if they'll just drop the $1 bill and go totally with the $1 coin.

NOOOO I would shoot myself if I had to pick up $1 coins off the bar all night... you can walk by and grab a dollar, but coins just plain suck... Picking up a relatively thin and flat item off a flat surface is horrible....

NOOOO I would shoot myself if I had to pick up $1 coins off the bar all night... you can walk by and grab a dollar, but coins just plain suck... Picking up a relatively thin and flat item off a flat surface is horrible....

I get tips in change from time to time. Bags of nickles or dime or quarters. But sometimes those stupid gold dollar coins. And I want to stab the customer in the chest and deflate one of their lungs with my carkey every single time. I don't even count it toward my nights total. I just throw it in the coin tray in the car and forget about it for months until it's overfilling and I go buy something with it while I hang my head in shame because I look like a ****ing bum.

So yes. Please keep the dollar bill.

BTW, these designs are dreadful. If you gotta change it I say go retro. Throwback money. It's always kinda cool when I get an older dollar.

Fug...ly! WHY do we insist on changing the design of our currency all the time.

"Hey, the economy's a mess and we're only making it worse. What should we do?!"

"Let's redesign the money and make it into technicolor!"

"BRILLIANT!"

We put.. lipstick on a pig?

~Bang

Archived