Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

He is why we will beat the Texans...

tr1

What I don't understand is why don't we run the bootlegs and go to Cooley in those situations? That used to be money a few years ago. Seems like we just quit doing it for some reason even though it worked.

I think I saw it called a couple of times Sunday night, but McNabb got flushed.

Being a Texans fan dont I know it!!!! They'll drive you to drinking for sure!!

Should be an interesting game no doupt. But y'all have to lose since i'll be watching the game from Negril beach in Jamaica and it would ruin my vacation if we lost. So be a good sport and lay down this game. You wouldn't wanna spoil a guys vacation would you?

Is there a hurricane heading towards Jamaica this weekend? You might get a double dose of ruined vacation.:pfft:

Just kidding....I hope you have a nice vacation except for the football game.

We are a better team this year and will be well prepared for the game. We'll see if the defense can contain another potent offense and if the offense can have more success in the passing game. I expect our coaching staff will know how to game plan for the Texans.

this is true as well, if we expect K. Shanahan to have inside info on Houston, its only logical to expect them to have inside info on K. Shanahan

K. Shanahan doesn't participate on the field as a player.

He knows to call plays that will be directed at the weakness of particular players for whom he is very, very familiar.

Also, the Texans probably had to change all of their signal calling and terminology this week...look for some miscues.

What I don't understand is why don't we run the bootlegs and go to Cooley in those situations? That used to be money a few years ago. Seems like we just quit doing it for some reason even though it worked.

How about a bootleg with Moss, Davis and Cooley streaking to McNabb's side while Portis off of play action quietly flows to the opposite side of the field?

Of everything that happened Sunday night, I am still most miffed by the fade to Armstrong, let alone TWO in a row!

But, but, but...aren't the pukes supposed to go to the SB?

Look, a win in the NFL is determined by littlest of advantages. The Shanahans in essence designed the Texans offense. Kyle is thoroughly familiar with each of those players' weaknesses. Do you think he's going to spend some time with the defensive coaches this week? He knows Schuab's tendencies...and limitations.

The Texans aren't a great team when they're 3rd and long. The key is to put them in that position a lot.

They're on the road, full of themselves after beating a team they couldn't beat before.

Watch for the let down...of a young team.

No sir. This is pretty wrong.

First, the Cowboys have looked horrible all preseason. Remember, their first team offense only score one TD, and that was on a 15-yard field (due to a defensive turnover). The way your defense stopped them Sunday night really wasn't a surprise (though the Cowboys got plenty of yards, they didn't execute in the Red Zone...as usual). Also, the Shanahan's DID NOT design the Texans offense. That couldn't be further from the truth. It's Kubiak's offense. Yes, there are many similarities between it and Shanahan's, but Dennison is the OC in Houston now. He's added more run plays to the offense. And just like Kyle is familiar with the players, Kubiak is VERY familiar with Kyle and what plays he likes to call in certain situations. And don't you think your defense will be hurt going against the current Redskins offense? The Texans offense now is what Shanahan hopes the Redskins can be one day.

As far as being on the road and full of themselves, I don't think that's the case. That's not the mentality of this Texans' team. And you don't think the Redskins have a little euphoria from beating the Cowboys (who they also haven't scored an offensive TD on in three games correct?). There will be no letdown. They know their former OC is now the OC for the Redskins. They know Kubiak wants to whoop his old coach (again). And they're a young team, but this year they are a lot more mature. If this was 2008, or even last season, then you'd be correct. But now? Not even.

Just look at the position battles. Houston is better at almost every single position than the Redskins are.

No sir. This is pretty wrong.

First, the Cowboys have looked horrible all preseason. Remember, their first team offense only score one TD, and that was on a 15-yard field (due to a defensive turnover). The way your defense stopped them Sunday night really wasn't a surprise (though the Cowboys got plenty of yards, they didn't execute in the Red Zone...as usual). Also, the Shanahan's DID NOT design the Texans offense. That couldn't be further from the truth. It's Kubiak's offense. Yes, there are many similarities between it and Shanahan's, but Dennison is the OC in Houston now. He's added more run plays to the offense. And just like Kyle is familiar with the players, Kubiak is VERY familiar with Kyle and what plays he likes to call in certain situations. And don't you think your defense will be hurt going against the current Redskins offense? The Texans offense now is what Shanahan hopes the Redskins can be one day.

As far as being on the road and full of themselves, I don't think that's the case. That's not the mentality of this Texans' team. And you don't think the Redskins have a little euphoria from beating the Cowboys (who they also haven't scored an offensive TD on in three games correct?). There will be no letdown. They know their former OC is now the OC for the Redskins. They know Kubiak wants to whoop his old coach (again). And they're a young team, but this year they are a lot more mature. If this was 2008, or even last season, then you'd be correct. But now? Not even.

Just look at the position battles. Houston is better at almost every single position than the Redskins are.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with much of what you said...but Kubiak came from Shanahan's school of football 101, so, while it's Kubiak's offense, it is a derivative of Mike's. The one thing we know is that the Redskins will be prepared and and at home. While I believe you're right, position for position, the Texans are better than the Redskins, some of the intangibles fall the Redskins way. I'm hoping for a tight game where the Redskins don't get into a shoot out b/c that's something the Texans will win. If it comes down to defense, I think the win goes to the Redskins.

These 2 staffs really know each other. This is going to be a reunion.

Kubiak, Dennison, Burney, Turner, the Shanahans. There is a lot of familiarity

You think our staff will give the Texans staff pointers after the game on how to beat the 'Girls in week 3?

No way we win 35-7. That'd be one of the biggest :wtf: of the season.

If we win, it'll be by less then a TD

There is no way we win 35-7. We have new personel everywhere and have 4 preseason games and 1 regular season game under our belts. We have to play mistake free football to win, and still we will never win by 28 points.

They have won 5 games in a row dating back to last year. They are a young up and coming team.

And we still dont even know who we think we are. But if you want to crown them, then crown their ass.

But I disagree.

Being a Texans fan dont I know it!!!! They'll drive you to drinking for sure!!

Should be an interesting game no doupt. But y'all have to lose since i'll be watching the game from Negril beach in Jamaica and it would ruin my vacation if we lost. So be a good sport and lay down this game. You wouldn't wanna spoil a guys vacation would you?

Yes we would!

Just smoke some more weed and you'll forget about it.

There was a thread about the Cowboys game being a statement game...... I personally, think this would be much more of a statement game if we won (even though Dallas is more meaningful to fans). Texans have there act together, and have a lot of talent. This win would be much more of a "statement game" then the cowboys game if we win (no matter what the score) and put the rest of the league on notice that we are here to crush some heads..

You keep saying this and it's wrong. They do have more advantages, for sure. But every single position?

QB: Texans

RB: Push (You CAN'T tell me Arian Foster's one game cancels out Portis' career here. Slaton is a fumbling machine, LJ is old.)

WR: Texans

TE: Redskins

OL: Texans

DL: Texans

LB: Push

Secondary: Redskins

You keep saying this and it's wrong. They do have more advantages, for sure. But every single position?

QB: Texans

RB: Push (You CAN'T tell me Arian Foster's one game cancels out Portis' career here. Slaton is a fumbling machine, LJ is old.)

OL: Texans

LB: Push

Couldn't we give Gano the edge on kickers since he's not missed a FG? :silly:

QB: TexansI think the Skins have the edge here

OL: Texans Again... I think, not talent wise, but the way they've been playing, we have the edge here

LB: Push We have more veterans here, and I think we have a VERY slight edge

Now.... the Texans clearly have more play makers, but I think we have less holes. The Texans are VERY solid, but I think we will be able to exploit some holes, and I also think Kyle will help us shut down AJ. This should be a very intriguing game, as we could get rolled over, or we could stand in there strong and make it a good fight till the end.

There was a thread about the Cowboys game being a statement game...... I personally, think this would be much more of a statement game if we won (even though Dallas is more meaningful to fans). Texans have there act together, and have a lot of talent. This win would be much more of a "statement game" then the cowboys game if we win (no matter what the score) and put the rest of the league on notice that we are here to crush some heads..

I'm not sure either one is more of a statement game then the other. I think if we win this game PLUS having won the Dallas game will be the statement. A team wins one game, people will call it a fluke. But the more you win, the harder it gets to say that. :2cents:

Archived