Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

He is why we will beat the Texans...

tr1

Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to Kyle Shanahan.

Kyle-Shanahan_sm_2.jpg

Mr. Shanahan was a offensive coordinator for one said organization last year: Houston Texans.

Mr. Shanahan is thoroughly familiar with one said quarterback's strength and WEAKNESSES: Matt Schaub.

Mr. Shanahan has designed plays to specifically beat a certain defense, a defense for whom he is thoroughly familiar with: Houston Texans' defense.

Now, you may ask, didn't the Texans' head coach work closely with Mike Shanahan? Yes, Kubiak was once Shanahan Sr.'s offensive coordinator and backup qb. But, we currently employ a few fellows who worked at Houston last year: Matt LaFleur (quarterbacks coach), Richard Hightower (assistant special teams coach) and Ray Wright (strength and conditioning coach) all have worked for the Texans' organization.

So, if all of these guys are so familiar with each other, how is it that the Skins have the advantage?

Well, it's obvious, isn't it? The Houston Texans aren't very familiar with our personnel. They have one game of film to watch.

In the NFL, where every little advantage can be enough to win, I'd say we have a pretty good advantage, at home, over the Houston Texans.

Skins 35-7

Skins 35-7

:ols: Hysterical.

We scored no offensive tds last weekend, and no one holds the Texans to a touchdown.

Please share whatever you are taking with the entire class.

This reminds me of Art's post before the first game of the season last year. Although even more absurd.

We'll be lucky to win by 3.

We scored no offensive tds last weekend, and no one holds the Texans to a touchdown.

This reminds me of Art's post before the first game of the season last year. Although even more absurd.

I'll get back to you Sunday night.

How do you like your crow served?

:rotflmao:

Fred Davis will have a big game.

This applies in reverse also. They know him as well as he knows them. A lot of their Defensive coaches faced Kyle in practice every day. Advantage negated.

I'm going to this one. Section 128, gonna scream my head off to make that 35-7 prediction happen, but we gotta handle Andre Johnson and Arian Foster first.

Really though, offenses don't score a lot on us anyways, I remember the 'high powered' saints and cardinals coming in on highs against us, and they couldn't produce even close to their normal. The only time I've seen different was the Patriots 17-0 year. 52-7 sucked, thank goodness for cooley though.

tr1, you're the biggest homer ever... and I love it.

:cheers:

Agreed!

Really though, offenses don't score a lot on us anyways, I remember the 'high powered' saints and cardinals coming in on highs against us, and they couldn't produce even close to their normal. The only time I've seen different was the Patriots 17-0 year. 52-7 sucked, thank goodness for cooley though.

The saints hung 33 pts on us last season. Seems lock step with their normal production to me.

I'm thinking we take it by a field goal at most. And I think that is being a bit homer-ish. Yea, we beat Dallas. And our defense held them pretty well. But Dallas looked like crap. I'm not surprised we held them. I think they key to beating the Texans is going to be in the offense. Obviously, they need to score more. But they also just need to stay on the field longer. Give our defense some time to rest. And with the high of beating Dallas wearing of, I'm not sure they are going to be able to accomplish that.

Alcohol is a helluva drug.

Being a Texans fan dont I know it!!!! They'll drive you to drinking for sure!!

Should be an interesting game no doupt. But y'all have to lose since i'll be watching the game from Negril beach in Jamaica and it would ruin my vacation if we lost. So be a good sport and lay down this game. You wouldn't wanna spoil a guys vacation would you?

Should be an interesting game no doupt. But y'all have to lose since i'll be watching the game from Negril beach in Jamaica and it would ruin my vacation if we lost. So be a good sport and lay down this game. You wouldn't wanna spoil a guys vacation would you?

Looks like you're in for a lousy flight home...:D

I'm thinking we take it by a field goal at most. And I think that is being a bit homer-ish. Yea, we beat Dallas. And our defense held them pretty well. But Dallas looked like crap. I'm not surprised we held them. I think they key to beating the Texans is going to be in the offense. Obviously, they need to score more. But they also just need to stay on the field longer. Give our defense some time to rest. And with the high of beating Dallas wearing of, I'm not sure they are going to be able to accomplish that.

Less dropped balls would help accomplish this. It seemed like each time our offense got momentum someone dropped a pass. And for God's sake never throw 2 fades to Armstrong in a row again or be passing with less than 5 minutes left and a winded D on the field.

Less dropped balls would help accomplish this. It seemed like each time our offense got momentum someone dropped a pass. And for God's sake never throw 2 fades to Armstrong in a row again or be passing with less than 5 minutes left and a winded D on the field.

What I don't understand is why don't we run the bootlegs and go to Cooley in those situations? That used to be money a few years ago. Seems like we just quit doing it for some reason even though it worked.

At the Dallas game I thought I was going to get thrown of the club level when I started calling for the swinging gate.

But, but, but...aren't the pukes supposed to go to the SB?

Look, a win in the NFL is determined by littlest of advantages. The Shanahans in essence designed the Texans offense. Kyle is thoroughly familiar with each of those players' weaknesses. Do you think he's going to spend some time with the defensive coaches this week? He knows Schuab's tendencies...and limitations.

The Texans aren't a great team when they're 3rd and long. The key is to put them in that position a lot.

They're on the road, full of themselves after beating a team they couldn't beat before.

Watch for the let down...of a young team.

Sidenote, and not trying to hijack this thread....where you staying in Negril? I love Negril.

This applies in reverse also. They know him as well as he knows them. A lot of their Defensive coaches faced Kyle in practice every day. Advantage negated.

I'm going to this one. Section 128, gonna scream my head off to make that 35-7 prediction happen, but we gotta handle Andre Johnson and Arian Foster first.

this is true as well, if we expect K. Shanahan to have inside info on Houston, its only logical to expect them to have inside info on K. Shanahan

Archived