Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

He is why we will beat the Texans...

tr1

Really though, offenses don't score a lot on us anyways, I remember the 'high powered' saints and cardinals coming in on highs against us, and they couldn't produce even close to their normal. The only time I've seen different was the Patriots 17-0 year. 52-7 sucked, thank goodness for cooley though.

The saints hung 33 pts on us last season. Seems lock step with their normal production to me.

They had 23 when we botched the FG. They also had OT to put up 3 more. And one of thier TD's was a strip of Moore who was running with the INT, so we technically held them to 16.

I don't know about the blowout tr1 is predicting, but I do think we get a solid win. I'm thinking 23-17 Skins. I do hope for tr1's prediction though.

I'm thinking it will be a 20-17 game. I'll say Gano pulls one out.

I'm not sure either one is more of a statement game then the other. I think if we win this game PLUS having won the Dallas game will be the statement. A team wins one game, people will call it a fluke. But the more you win, the harder it gets to say that. :2cents:

Plus, we've beaten the Pukes 6 out of the last 11, so it's not like we haven't done it before. The Colts have beaten the Texans in 15 out of the last 16, so this was a statement game for them. Now, they have to go on the road, we get to sleep in our own beds. No travel. This game will be closer than Texan fans think it will be.

You keep saying this and it's wrong. They do have more advantages, for sure. But every single position?

QB: Texans

RB: Push (You CAN'T tell me Arian Foster's one game cancels out Portis' career here. Slaton is a fumbling machine, LJ is old.)

WR: Texans

TE: Redskins

OL: Texans

DL: Texans

LB: Push

Secondary: Redskins

Oh jeez....Let's not bring up Ports' career when talking about this week's game. Right now, Foster & Slaton >>>>>>>>>>>>> Portis & LJ/Williams. Not even close, even if Foster didn't put up those amazing numbers against the Colts. Portis is almost completely done. No moves, no speed.

I don't know enough about the Texans' secondary of OL to comment, but I think we're okay there and just about as good as you could hope to be. QB is a tossup but that guy Andre Johnson really helps Schaub.

EDIT - As for the game, I just don't see us winning Sunday. Texans are reaching their peak, we're just starting towards our peak. I'd be very impressed if we managed to pull it out but we looked too similar to the Skins of the last two years against the Girls. Only difference was we pulled it out instead of tanking at the end. Here's hoping we win, but the sky will not be falling if we lose. Texans are a very good team at this point. Shanahan is working freaking magic if he has us looking legit in the second week of his career here. 35-7? Put the crackpipe down. I don't know how my fellow Skins fans can go into this game feeling very good. Offense has to do SOMETHING on Sunday.

I dont see 35 points coming from our offense (yet). Maybe 2 TDs plus some field goals. Would not surprise me to see the defense hold the Texans to 10 or 13 points though. Also expect more turnovers. Dallas made conservative calls (except of course at the end of the first half) and Romo sits to pee is good at turning a bad situation into a good one. I expect at least 2 turnovers from Schaub (fumb or int)

Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to Kyle Shanahan.

Kyle-Shanahan_sm_2.jpg

Mr. Shanahan was a offensive coordinator for one said organization last year: Houston Texans.

Mr. Shanahan is thoroughly familiar with one said quarterback's strength and WEAKNESSES: Matt Schaub.

Mr. Shanahan has designed plays to specifically beat a certain defense, a defense for whom he is thoroughly familiar with: Houston Texans' defense.

Now, you may ask, didn't the Texans' head coach work closely with Mike Shanahan? Yes, Kubiak was once Shanahan Sr.'s offensive coordinator and backup qb. But, we currently employ a few fellows who worked at Houston last year: Matt LaFleur (quarterbacks coach), Richard Hightower (assistant special teams coach) and Ray Wright (strength and conditioning coach) all have worked for the Texans' organization.

So, if all of these guys are so familiar with each other, how is it that the Skins have the advantage?

Well, it's obvious, isn't it? The Houston Texans aren't very familiar with our personnel. They have one game of film to watch.

In the NFL, where every little advantage can be enough to win, I'd say we have a pretty good advantage, at home, over the Houston Texans.

Skins 35-7

# Grant Paulsen granthpaulsen

Kyle Shanahan on Devin Thomas: ''We expect him to help us all year. Especially when he's dressing.'' 3 minutes ago via txt

* Retweet

# Grant Paulsen granthpaulsen

Kyle Shananhan on what the offense needs to improve: ''I just want to score more points.'' He said he wants an increased tempo play to play. 8 minutes ago via txt

* Retweet

# Chris Russell Russellmania09

Kyle says he isn't as familiar with what #texans are doing on offense as what they are on defense. 9 minutes ago via Twitter for Android

* Retweet

# Chris Russell Russellmania09

Kyle: says emotions will be turned up a bit, but once game starts its football. 11 minutes ago via Twitter for Android

While I agree with your assessment about us having an advantage because of K. Shan being on our team I do not agree with your projected score! haha

I think we can win the game for sure. The Texans D is not as strong as the Dallas D so our Offense should be better. But I do not think the team that wins will do so by more than 10 points.

You keep saying this and it's wrong. They do have more advantages, for sure. But every single position?

QB: Texans

RB: Push (You CAN'T tell me Arian Foster's one game cancels out Portis' career here. Slaton is a fumbling machine, LJ is old.)

WR: Texans

TE: Redskins

OL: Texans

DL: Texans

LB: Push

Secondary: Redskins

I didn't say every single position, but ALMOST every single position (and your picks for who wins in each position proves what I was saying). Only thing I'd change is that the TE group for the Texans and Redskins is a "Push" as well. I'd then give the slight advantage to Houston at running back (Foster has produced more than just one game, and you know when a RB is legit...doesn't take long to notice). Our secondary is young, but they will surprise a lot of people. For example, Glover Quin was our #2 CB last year, and didn't give up a single TD pass (he was a rookie, by the way).

I didn't say every single position, but ALMOST every single position (and your picks for who wins in each position proves what I was saying). Only thing I'd change is that the TE group for the Texans and Redskins is a "Push" as well. I'd then give the slight advantage to Houston at running back (Foster has produced more than just one game, and you know when a RB is legit...doesn't take long to notice). Our secondary is young, but they will surprise a lot of people. For example, Glover Quin was our #2 CB last year, and didn't give up a single TD pass (he was a rookie, by the way).

I feel for you dude as a Texans Fan....you have defend youself on the Texans board and on this one too.....chose your battles wisely!

I think the Redskins will have a slight advantage when it comes to knowing their opponent. Where they won't have the advantage is personnel. The Texans simply have better players than the Redskins, but that doesn't always mean you win. If FedEx rocks like it did last week and the Redskins improve I have no doubt they'll win. However I think 35-7 is stretching it. When was the last time they did that to anybody? San Francisco several years ago?

HTTR

Houston is better at almost every single position than the Redskins are.

:rolleyes:

Really? I believe our qb is way better than yours.

And, that defense of yours stunk pretty bad last year...

So, before you go getting full of yourself, try to be reasonable and anchor yourself in reality.

Oh, and be afraid.

:rolleyes:

Really? I believe our qb is way better than yours.

And, that defense of yours stunk pretty bad last year...

So, before you go getting full of yourself, try to be reasonable and anchor yourself in reality.

Oh, and be afraid.

McNabb WAY better than Schaub? At his age? Wow. As far as our defense, once we got Pollard after Week 3, they were a top ten defense (top ten against the run, best at forcing three and outs, etc.). But hey, believe whatever you want. Sunday can't get here soon enough.

McNabb WAY better than Schaub? At his age? Wow. As far as our defense, once we got Pollard after Week 3, they were a top ten defense (top ten against the run, best at forcing three and outs, etc.). But hey, believe whatever you want. Sunday can't get here soon enough.

:rotflmao:

Yup, McNabb IS better!

Wait until your qb gets smacked a few times...I believe his accuracy will suffer proportionally.

I guess there's something about Texas and their football fans about believing the hype of their team.

The Colts are on a slide...so, don't gloat about that win.

Please.

Yup, McNabb IS better!

So good he was traded. :rotflmao:

You think the Texans would trade Schaub?

You think the Colts would trade Manning?

You think the Pats would trade Brady?

You think the Giants would trade decaf Manning?

Seriously, how many teams would trade their starting QB if he was really that good?

Archived