Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Florida pastor calls off burning of Qurans

Redskins Diehard

FYI - here's William F. Cooper's 42 part Mystery Babylon series that he did on his radio show prior to his death in 2001.

http://remnantradio.org/Archives/articles/William%20Cooper/Mystery%20Babylon/MB1.htm

Cooper did DECADES of research on this - mind-blowing stuff.

More on William F. Cooper

http://www.hourofthetime.com/william.htm

William Cooper was reared in an Air Force family. As a child he lived in many different countries, graduating from Yamato High School in Japan. Since he has traveled through or lived in many different foreign countries Mr. Cooper has a world view much different than most Americans.

William served with the Strategic Air Command, United States Air Force. He held a secret clearance working on B-52 bombers, KC-135 refueling aircraft, and Minuteman missiles. William received his Honorable Discharge from the United States Air Force in 1965.

William joined the United States Navy fulfilling a dream previously frustrated by chronic motion sickness. He served aboard the submarine USS Tiru (SS-416), USS Tombigbee (AOG-11), Naval Support Activity Danang RVN, Naval Security and Intelligence Camp Carter RVN, Danang Harbor Patrol RVN, Dong Ha River Security Group RVN, USS Charles Berry (DE-1035), Headquarters Commander in Chief Pacific Fleet, USS Oriskany (CVA-34).

Cooper was a member of the Office of Naval Security and Intelligence serving as a Harbor and River Patrol Boat Captain at Danang and the Dong Ha River Security Group, Cua Viet, Republic of Vietnam. William Cooper was awarded several medals for his leadership and heroism during combat including two with "V" for Valor.

He served on the Intelligence Briefing Team for the Commander In Chief of the Pacific Fleet. William was the Petty Officer of the Watch and designated KL-47 SPECAT operator in the CINCPACFLT Command Center at Makalapa Hawaii. There he held a Top Secret, Q, SI, security clearance.

William Cooper achieved the rank of First Class Petty Officer, QM1, E-6 after only 8 years of Naval service, a difficult task in any branch of the United States military. William Cooper received an Honorable Discharge from the United States Navy on December 11, 1975.

William attended Long Beach City College where he picked up an Associate of Science Degree in Photography. He founded the Absolute Image Studio and Gallery of Fine Art Photography in Long Beach, California.

William held the position of Executive Director of Adelphi Business College, Pacific Coast Technical Institute, and National Technical College. Mr. Cooper was the National Marketing Coordinator for National Education and Software.

He produced several documentaries covering subjects such as the Kennedy assassination and secret black projects that have built flying disk shaped craft. William is an internationally acclaimed radio personality broadcasting the Hour Of The Time on WBCQ worldwide short-wave 7.415 MHz from 10 PM until 11 PM Eastern Standard Time (0300 to 0400 UTC) Monday through Thursday nights.

William Cooper is the author of Behold A Pale Horse. The book has become the best selling underground book of all time. It is read and promoted by word of mouth by People of all races, religions, and nationalities.

Mr. Cooper is a world class lecturer, one of the few other than superstars, monarchs, and Popes who have appeared at Wembly in London. William Cooper has lectured for 10 years in every State.

William Cooper, Trustee, has founded for Harvest Trust, the CAJI News Service, VERITAS national full size newspaper, The Intelligence Service, Harvest Publications, and has helped over 700 low power FM affiliate stations get equipped and on the air... including the station he manages as Trustee for the Independence Foundation Trust, 101.1 FM Eagar, Arizona, broadcasting to 7,000 people.

Under his leadership Harvest Trust ventured into the publishing trade. The first book under the Harvest Trust imprint was Oklahoma City: Day One by Michele Marie Moore... the definitive classic on the Oklahoma City bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building on April 19, 1995.

Shortly after the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah federal building Rush Limbaugh read a White House memo on the air during his broadcast which named William Cooper, "...the most dangerous radio host in America". Mr. Cooper considers William Clinton's pronouncement the greatest compliment that he has ever received.

William Cooper's FBI file, promulgated by the investigation required by his security clearances while in military service, was one of those unlawfully in possession of the White House in what has become known as, "Filegate". Shortly after this discovery President Clinton ordered all federal agencies to begin investigation, persecution, and prosecution of Mr. Cooper to shut him up.

After years of filing FOIA requests and researching the IRS William Cooper brought suit against the IRS in Federal District Court in Phoenix Arizona to force the IRS to produce proof of jurisdiction and delegation of authority which the IRS was unable to do. To short circuit Mr. Cooper's attempt to reveal the true nature of the criminal IRS, and to carry out the orders of the White House, the agency lied to a Grand Jury, not allowing William Cooper to testify, and secured indictments against Mr. Cooper and his wife Annie. This ploy successfully stopped Mr. Cooper from continuing his suit against the criminal IRS for fear of being arrested.

In 1998 VERITAS and Harvest Publications was sold to Hallmark Creative Corporation along with the copyright and all rights to all written material produced or ever to be produced by William Cooper including Behold A Pale Horse and Oklahoma City: Day one. Hallmark Creative Corporation has contracted to insure this material is always available to the public.

William Cooper continues to champion the cause of Truth and Freedom for all Peoples of all races, religions, and places of ancestral origin. William is Native American, English, Scotch, and Irish. He lives in Arizona. Formerly with his beautiful Chinese wife Annie, daughters, Dorothy (Pooh), little Allyson and their dogs, Sugarbear, and Crusher. In March of 1999 William Sent his family out of the United States for their security. He now lives and works alone with his two dogs, one rooster, and one chicken.

Update : Bill was killed by the Apache County Sherrifs Department during a raid on his home in November of 2001. He is now buried on a hill in Eagar, Arizona.

FYI - Dominionism is the (false doctrine)belief that God lost his dominion when Adam and Eve fell in the Garden of Eden, and since the 70's new modern-day "apostles" were appointed by God to clean up the earth, spread peace and unity, build the church, so that the way can be paved for Jesus' 2nd Coming.

Pretty much almost all of these "influential evangelicals" you see on the MSM quite a bit like Billy Graham, Franklin Graham, Rick Warren, Bill Hybels, formerly Ted Haggard, the late Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, Charles Stanley, Beth Moore, SBC leader Richard Land, Doug Paggit, Tony Jones, C. Peter Wagner(who founded Fuller Seminary that has schooled alot of these Emergents like Warren and Hybels), Rick Joyner, Jim "Social Justice" Wallis, and the list goes on.

They love to play both sides of the fence ala the Left/Right paradigm - the "religious right" has the outward appearance of being pro-Israel, pro-family, and pro-moral values, while the "religious left" has the outward appearance of being pro-Islam, anti-family, and anti-moral values. Ultimately, they are causing alot of strife and division in the body of Christ using Hegelian Dialect, so that the One World Religion can merge, paving the way for the One World Government dictator.

Sorry, but I've never heard many of those you list preach that God has lost dominion. I can assure you most in that list would shout that notion down whole heartedly. That's not to say they don't believe there is a spiritual war going on between good and evil, but that doesn't mean God has lost dominion. Huge thread hijack though.

OT. This pastor is a nut case.

This guy must be a mole for Taliban. This is all they need to boost membership.

What he's doing might be protected by the first amendment, but if this helps terrorist organizations, then I think one can say it's tantamount to treason.

You really think a normal peace loving person would become a terrorist over what some stupid no name guy in Florida (where else could it be lol) is doing? I just don't see that as realistic. Personally I don't care if this idiot burns books or not... so long as the nation reacts as it should to this loon. We'll never get rid of crazy people we just need to preserve our ability to identify which ones are crazy.

It was a bad idea, however.....

1) How stupid is it that one man and a church of 50 people can cause the reaction of the president of the United States AND cause a international incident over something so trivial.

2) Its interesting that Muslims get up in arms about this, however turn around and burn bibles and destroy other religious icons without comment from the rest of the world. Seriously, people need to stop kowtowing to these jackasses. LEt the little ****ers get mad and arrest them when they do something stupid. We have freedom of speech for a reason. Muslims need to realize that people do not need to respect jack about their religion, just like people don't need to respect any other reliegon.

I think this overall is a stupid idea and was probably just a stunt to get 15 minutes of fame, but I think the pastor has every right to do what he planned to do free of threat. While I don't agree with it, he has every right to be an idiot. Especially when he is not hurting anyone.

You really think a normal peace loving person would become a terrorist over what some stupid no name guy in Florida (where else could it be lol) is doing? I just don't see that as realistic.

I think it could. When we see Muslims burning U.S. flags or our President in effigy overseas do most people say... "Man, they have a few real nutbags over there!" No, we say, "How dare they!" or "Man, they really hate us!" or something that shouldn't be printed on a family-board, but we ascribe it to the whole group, the whole culture. If this happened, imagine how it would be received over there... a news report of a large group of Americans burning their holy book and probably looking happy and shouting about their hate to Muslims.

It certainly would have a negative effect. I can imagine how angry people would get here after Bible burnings. It certainly would soften the opinion of good Muslims towards Al Qaeda and other anti-American groups. Over there, they wouldn't say... it's a loon. They'd say, "Look what Americans are doing! This is how Americans think!"

And we do the same thing.

This guy is a total idiot and burning Korans is intended to offend, deeply, Muslims around the world. That said, he has a first amendment right to make stupid statements, including religious/political ones like burning Korans on 9/11. This is an exact parallel to the building of the mosque/community center: they have a legal right to establish the center on their property, though doing it so close to ground zero would offend many Americans, deeply.

Who cares what an individual does with a few books?

There is still Freedom of Speech right?

Is religion so intolerant that if 20books were destroyed out of 100million copies we must kill?

I could see protecting this one: The oldest surviving Qur'an printed with movable type was produced in Venice in 1537/1538.

I think it's a dumb thing to do and goes against our great belief in freedom of religion, but I certainly support his right to do so. It's a shame we let radicals diminish our freedom of speech.

Agreed. The fact that great fools can parade their idiocy for the world to see is one of our great strengths... and also one of our weaknesses. Legally, he has the right to do this... unless, there's a fire code he's violating or unless it can be proven that acts like this are instigating violence. After all if you can't yell "Fire!" in a movie theatre... Still, I support his right to burn these books even though I think it's an ugly act.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/09/10/florida.quran.reactions/

Hamas leader Ismail Haniya called Jones a "religious criminal" and a "retard that expresses a Western-retarded mentality" that targets the Quran, Islam, and Muslims. Speaking in Gaza at the start of the Eid holiday, Haniya said, "I call upon God the merciful, if they want to rip the Quran, for God to rip them apart and their state and make them an example for the believers."

oddly...I kinda agree with Hamas on this, the guy is a retard.

South Park's idea = okay, proved a point

This guy's idea = extremely ignorant

while I would probably be a little disgusted if I saw some Muslims burning Bibles, I wouldnt react the way they do...I just dont get it. Its like they have nothing else better to do than protest every little thing just so they can say 'DEATH TO AMERICA! ALLAHU AKBAR!"

the thing is, ive met many many Muslims, and the difference between Muslims and Christians is this - Christians read the Bible for themselves and make their own opinions regarding it (besides those fringe crazies), Muslims tend to take what the Imam says as the absolute truth and therefore never really knowing what they believe...its like theyve become so closed minded to logic and reasoning. Plus, there are so many Hadiths that say one thing, and then say the complete opposite later.

This guy is a total idiot and burning Korans is intended to offend, deeply, Muslims around the world. That said, he has a first amendment right to make stupid statements, including religious/political ones like burning Korans on 9/11. This is an exact parallel to the building of the mosque/community center: they have a legal right to establish the center on their property, though doing it so close to ground zero would offend many Americans, deeply.

Certainly there are issues of Constitutional rights with both events, but the "exact parallel" fails apart miserably as soon as you look at the motivation behind the two actions. The imam had no intent to inflame passions in building his cultural center in lower Manhattan. Any symbolic connection to the 9-11 attacks has been largely manufactured. The same can't be said for an attention whore "Reverend" planning to burn Korans, which is a direct, intentional assault on the sensibilities of all Muslims.

Who cares what an individual does with a few books?

There is still Freedom of Speech right?

Is religion so intolerant that if 20books were destroyed out of 100million copies we must kill?

I could see protecting this one: The oldest surviving Qur'an printed with movable type was produced in Venice in 1537/1538.

Yeah, the reaction to this guy is way over the top IMO. If these people are so irrational, we will never be able to work with Muslims as a whole. On the other hand a little respect from the idiot would go a long way.

I think it could. When we see Muslims burning U.S. flags or our President in effigy overseas do most people say... "Man, they have a few real nutbags over there!" No, we say, "How dare they!" or "Man, they really hate us!" or something that shouldn't be printed on a family-board, but we ascribe it to the whole group, the whole culture. If this happened, imagine how it would be received over there... a news report of a large group of Americans burning their holy book and probably looking happy and shouting about their hate to Muslims.

It certainly would have a negative effect. I can imagine how angry people would get here after Bible burnings. It certainly would soften the opinion of good Muslims towards Al Qaeda and other anti-American groups. Over there, they wouldn't say... it's a loon. They'd say, "Look what Americans are doing! This is how Americans think!"

And we do the same thing.

The folks in the middle east have found reasons to burn our flags and presidents for decades. They are more concerned that all American's are in favor of our current policies with respect to Israel and Palestine. That is a far more pervasive issue than the Quran burning. Although the book burning would toss some gas on what is already a smoldering fire.

So, considering that the anger this moron could touch off can easily result in violence of a nature that could be construed as acts of war, and considering we're already at war with radicals.. I wonder if putting a bullet in this idiot's head would be considered illegal?

Granted, it's probably not going to result in the same scale, but I think it's a situation like.. what if you could have shot Princeps before he killed Archduke Ferdinand, setting off WW1 and WW2.. would you be justified in having done so?

~Bang

So, considering that the anger this moron could touch off can easily result in violence of a nature that could be construed as acts of war, and considering we're already at war with radicals.. I wonder if putting a bullet in this idiot's head would be considered illegal?

Granted, it's probably not going to result in the same scale, but I think it's a situation like.. what if you could have shot Princeps before he killed Archduke Ferdinand, setting off WW1 and WW2.. would you be justified in having done so?

~Bang

Only tangentially related to the topic, ever play the computer game Red Alert?

Einstein goes back in time and shoots Hitler in the early 30s, but then Soviet Russia starts WW2 anyway.

Archived