Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Florida pastor calls off burning of Qurans

Redskins Diehard

A Florida pastor said Thursday he called off his plan to burn copies of the Quran based on assurances that a planned Islamic center and mosque near ground zero in New York would be moved -- an assertion rejected by the center's visionary. The Rev. Terry Jones, who had planned the burning this weekend on the ninth anniversary of the September 11 terrorist attacks, said he will travel Saturday to New York to meet with the religious leader behind the planned center, Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, about a new location.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/09/florida.quran.burning/index.html?hpt=T1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting development. I saw the title and thought "great news" but then saw the rest of the article. I hope the Quran burning stays canceled regardless of the mosque.

A Florida pastor said Thursday he called off his plan to burn copies of the Quran based on assurances that a planned Islamic center and mosque near ground zero in New York would be moved -- an assertion rejected by the center's visionary. The Rev. Terry Jones, who had planned the burning this weekend on the ninth anniversary of the September 11 terrorist attacks, said he will travel Saturday to New York to meet with the religious leader behind the planned center, Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, about a new location.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/09/florida.quran.burning/index.html?hpt=T1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting development. I saw the title and thought "great news" but then saw the rest of the article. I hope the Quran burning stays canceled regardless of the mosque.

World news

NYC imam denies Fla. pastor's claim on mosque move

Image: Pastor Terry Jones and Imam Muhammad Musri

Paul J. Richards / AFP - Getty Images

Rev. Jones says he has called off the Quran-burning after being told that a proposed Islamic center near NYC's ground zero would be moved. But the New York imam denies any negotiations. Full story

Source: MSNBC

I honestly believe someone would've killed thid stupid mother ****er had he gone through with this. Based on the reactions from the Middle East the damage might have already been done. Obama was right when he said this was enticing recruitment for Al Qaeda.

I think the recruitment angle was a little over blown. Islamic terrorists may have been able to get a couple of recruits based off of this. But it wasn't like they weren't recruiting before this. They had plenty of bonfire material themselves just waiting for a chance to use it

Pointing out that the guy's been using Islam as a publicity stunt for some time.

Don't know how much national attention he got, but he's been doing things like a sign in front of his church reading "Islam is The Devil" for some time.

Considering he had a veritable who's who list of people coming out against I would say he got as much national attention as is possible

Well, he has catapulted himself to the head of the Media Whore Hall of Fame list.

I will say that, having established himself as the poster boy for ignorant fear and hatred of Islam, I will be interested in hearing what he has to say after his meeting with Imam Rauf. Will his willful ignorance continue, or will he admit to some small enlightenment on the nature of the Muslim faith and admit that the extremists don't represent the whole of Islam... any more than he represents the whole of Christianity?

Well, he has catapulted himself to the head of the Media Whore Hall of Fame list.

I will say that, having established himself as the poster boy for ignorant fear and hatred of Islam, I will be interested in hearing what he has to say after his meeting with Imam Rauf. Will his willful ignorance continue, or will he admit to some small enlightenment on the nature of the Muslim faith and admit that the extremists don't represent the whole of Islam... any more than he represents the whole of Christianity?

The Meeting was never set up, heck it may never happen...

World news

NYC imam denies Fla. pastor's claim on mosque move

Image: Pastor Terry Jones and Imam Muhammad Musri

Paul J. Richards / AFP - Getty Images

Rev. Jones says he has called off the Quran-burning after being told that a proposed Islamic center near NYC's ground zero would be moved. But the New York imam denies any negotiations. Full story

Apparently, 'Pastor' Terry Jones has also been trained in the New Apostle Reformation/Dominionism/Mystery Babylonian school.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/08/pastor-plans-burn-quran-christian-mainstream-thrown-church/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+foxnews/national+(Internal+-+US+Latest+-+Text)

NEW YORK – The Florida pastor who plans to burn the Quran on the anniversary of 9/11 is rooted in Pentecostal tradition that believes Christians are engaged in a modern-day spiritual battle with evil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI - Dominionism is the (false doctrine)belief that God lost his dominion when Adam and Eve fell in the Garden of Eden, and since the 70's new modern-day "apostles" were appointed by God to clean up the earth, spread peace and unity, build the church, so that the way can be paved for Jesus' 2nd Coming.

Pretty much almost all of these "influential evangelicals" you see on the MSM quite a bit like Billy Graham, Franklin Graham, Rick Warren, Bill Hybels, formerly Ted Haggard, the late Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, Charles Stanley, Beth Moore, SBC leader Richard Land, Doug Paggit, Tony Jones, C. Peter Wagner(who founded Fuller Seminary that has schooled alot of these Emergents like Warren and Hybels), Rick Joyner, Jim "Social Justice" Wallis, and the list goes on.

They love to play both sides of the fence ala the Left/Right paradigm - the "religious right" has the outward appearance of being pro-Israel, pro-family, and pro-moral values, while the "religious left" has the outward appearance of being pro-Islam, anti-family, and anti-moral values. Ultimately, they are causing alot of strife and division in the body of Christ using Hegelian Dialect, so that the One World Religion can merge, paving the way for the One World Government dictator.

The shame of this is the world is giving entirely too much attention to what this clown thinks.

I will say though, that he has held up a mirror to the extremist fringe of Islam. He offends all of Islam, but he turns a small subsection into a murderous rage - which is an overreaction to a symbolic insult from a lone attention whore acting falsely in the name of Christianity.

Archived