Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com Twitter: Malcolm REINJURES hamstring

JGordon_3

What a Loser

That's a bit harsh, and an ignorant comment. It's not like Kelly goes out and gets injured on purpose. He isn't trying to disappoint skins fans. He just can't stay healthy. If it's not one thing, it's another. I feel for him, because he has talent, but what good is it if you can't get on the field?

Goodbye Comb. Some "athlete" you are. He's like Mario Lemieux but without the mind-boggling talent and sill. Another blown Vinny pick.

You talk like he's a self-promoting *******. He failed a conditioning test as a rookie, and then injuries have hampered his career. That's about it from my recollection.

"The worst thing people do is keep a draft pick just to keep a draft pick," Shanahan said.

That quote certainly doesn't bode well for receiver Malcolm Kelly, a Washington second-rounder two years before Shanahan's arrival. A knee limited Kelly to five games as a rookie. He had just 20 catches for 238 yards last year before an 84-yard grab gave him five catches for 109 in the finale. But Kelly pulled a hamstring on the first day of camp this summer and remained sidelined until today when he practiced and made the injury even worse.

The 6-foot-4, 226-pound Kelly has the size the Redskins could really use at receiver. He has good hands and is a good guy despite several traffic stops. :ols::ols: But since "you can't make the club from the tub" and Shanahan won't "keep a draft pick just to keep a draft pick," it's hard to see even the receiver-poor Redskins stashing Kelly on season-ending injured reserve. After all, Kelly has never shown this coaching staff anything other than in spring practices.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/08/30/redskins-recent-draft-picks-receive-bad-news-with-dennis-morris/

Tommorrow should be interesting....

I don't understand the hate. Kelly has done nothing to deserve it. Guy is trying to get on the field, his body is just giving out.

I feel bad for him because I thought he could make an impact. I guess the skins could stash him on IR and give him one more chance. That would eat up a roster spot next off season, but maybe one day he can stay healthy.

Or Calais Campbell.

One gamble on a WR in the second was okay. 2 gambles? No.

Total fail.

I remember thinking the same thing during the draft.

This really is a horrible draft pick. I think he actually spent more time on the injury list than he ever did in practice.

Oh, and I laughed at the broken comb and Mr. Glass pictures. Nice work guys. :ols:

So Kelly purposely injured his knee his rookie year. Good to know. He probably got the idea from Rocky McIntosh who also knew he had knee issues and has been swindling the team since '06.

I'll never understand why some people can't see how disrespectful they are because they can't form any kind of criticism without adding insult.

Don't you know? Malcom Kelly is doing a mad scientist laugh right now in his evil lair.

I'm with you, these two guys being hateful towards an NFL player for getting injured is damn weak. Kinda bizarre as well.

I don't understand the hate. Kelly has done nothing to deserve it. Guy is trying to get on the field, his body is just giving out.

I feel bad for him because I thought he could make an impact. I guess the skins could stash him on IR and give him one more chance. That would eat up a roster spot next off season, but maybe one day he can stay healthy.

Unless I'm wrong, I don't think the anger is directed at Kelly per se, more the situation itself. A totally wasted 2nd round pick is really irritating. And if there is a person to direct the anger at, it's probably Cerrato and all the people involved in taking him against all the warning signs. I feel bad for Kelly since he is talented, but through no fault of his own, he can't play in this league.

I understand that you are disappointed that he has not panned out, but calling an injured Redskin, even an oft-injured Redskin, a "loser" is inappropriate.

Very good retort.

That being said, if it turns out he has work ethic issues ala fat Al, and this is an injury that is the result of him being out of shape, then I'd be in agreement with you ;)

Actually he injured the hamstring while working out with Mcnabb and the other receivers in AZ. Then aggrivated it during the first day of practice.

And given that he has been thru the earlier ota's then its safe to say he was in pretty good shape.

I sure hope most of the hate being spewed is more of a vent towards Vinny and the 3 receivers he drafted in the second round, vs Malcom Kelly the player.

It is too bad his body wont cooperate.

I feel badly for the guy. Too bad.

That Vinny even wasted such a high pick on an often injured player was just horrible.

Yeah, good kid, tries hard, has always had injury problems, trainers said don't draft him.

Vinny is what he was: completely clueless, and it's going to take years to rebuild what he broke.

This isn't MK's fault, he is what he is. Thanks Vinny!

Worst personnel move ever was promoting Vinny. And then letting him chose Zorn. And the rest is history.

Archived