Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com Twitter: Malcolm REINJURES hamstring

JGordon_3

Too many angry folk here. Yeah, it's upsetting that it's looking like things wont pan out with MK but some of you act as if he slept with your wives or pissed in your corn flakes. In all honesty, I just look at it as another piece of the old regime(Cerrato) failing.

Pathetic that he had the bad luck to get injured? Whatever you might think, it isn't his fault that he got hurt. It happens and it is unfortunate. We'll see how bad it is and what they ultimately decide to do with him. For all I know, the decision is that he goes on IR for a year and he tries again next year.

It sucks. I thought he was the big possession receiver that we have badly needed for years. I was a big fan of the pick.

Well, if by his own admission, he got hurt originally because he was careless and didn't stretch properly out in Arizona, then it kinda IS his fault.

Kelly should be on the IR for the remaining of the year. This is completely ridiculous. He should do some type of stretching or something to really work that muscle in shape. He shouldn't be apart of the active roster. He's only embarassing himself at this point.

:helmet:

Or everyone's popular choice at the time, Limas Sweed. :silly:

Everyone can play hindsight and pick the right players. Personally, Campbell would have been miscast here. He's built like a 3-4 DE, just like Carriker was miscast as a 4-3 DT in St. Louis.

Campbell was taken the pick before Kelly was drafted anyway.

There was no one at a position of need taken in the vicinity of Kelly who has actually turned out to be a good player. If we were truly picking BPA we could have had Ray Rice, but we weren't even thinking about runningback at the time.

Unbelievable.

If I'm Shanahan, I look to do one of two things: 1) if this is related to poor offseason conditioning/preparation, it's time for Kelly to go; 2) if this just falls under the category of "stuff happens", I look to put him on IR or PUP, provided I had liked what I had seen of him.

At some point, a team has to move on. It can't keep waiting around for a player.

Being injury prone is not synonymous with being a bum. Look at Bob Sanders and the Colts. He has missed more games (47) than played in (45). Is he a bum? When healthy, he's one of the better safeties in the league. Malcolm could theoretically be a good to great receiver (not necessarily elite though) if he can stay healthy.

Once you show you can play, then it provides you slack from bum status. Bob Sanders has produced at a high level, MK most certainly has not. If you've never done anything to get benefit of the doubt, bum status is more applicable.

Although hindsight is 20/20, it wasn’t a big secret that his knees were like spaghetti coming out of college.

I realize his latest setbacks have been hamstring-related, but your body is a system, and a problem in one part of your body often impacts another because you tend to compensate for the original problem. This throws everything else out of kilter. I highly doubt that the hamstring and knee problems are unrelated.

It’s also possible that he’s just severely injury-prone in general, which is the case with some people.

Archived