Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com Twitter: Malcolm REINJURES hamstring

JGordon_3

This actually borders on theft.

Vinny apologists will say anyone would have done what Kelly did--swindle any NFL franchise stupid enough to draft him.

That newspaper article from a year ago clearly stated that he knew his knees were toast, and that he knew he wouldn't make it another year in college ball. He had to try and get a check fast.

This actually borders on theft.

Vinny apologists will say anyone would have done what Kelly did--swindle any NFL franchise stupid enough to draft him.

That newspaper article from a year ago clearly stated that he knew his knees were toast, and that he knew he wouldn't make it another year in college ball. He had to try and get a check fast.

Yeah. Maybe the Redskins should put a doctor on the payroll to avoid these things in the future. Do you think they can afford it?

Although hindsight is 20/20, it wasn’t a big secret that his knees were like spaghetti coming out of college.

I realize his latest setbacks have been hamstring-related, but your body is a system, and a problem in one part of your body often impacts another because you tend to compensate for the original problem. This throws everything else out of kilter. I highly doubt that the hamstring and knee problems are unrelated.

It’s also possible that he’s just severely injury-prone in general, which is the case with some people.

Wasn't the selling point for vinny that Campbell had great chemistry with him when both went to workout kelly??

Its funny how Vinny still haunts the team even when he's gone:silly:

I've never been fond of the out for the season IR rule. That seems like a shame. They should change it back so that guys that don't truly have season ending injuries can return. Make it 6-8 weeks or something. More like how it used to be. Injured players that become healthy should be able to play.

And I think I read this online somewhere way back when, so I won't take credit for it, but how about doing away with the injured reserve altogether? Do away with roster limits, but still make teams observe the salary cap. So if you want to have 60 guys on your team, knock yourself out, but you'd still better be under the cap. That way, a guy like MK could just use a regular roster spot (theoretically), as long as there was cap space to hold him. And thus, he could come back.

. And thus, he could come back.

Come back for what? More knee/leg injuries again next year?

It is now to the point where any time, coaching, reps, anything spent on him could be better put to use on players that can actually physically compete.

He's even worse than dead weight.

Operator: Good afternoon Washington Redskins.

Caller: Hello this is A.J. Smith I was hoping I could speak with Mr. Allen

Operator: I will be happy to connect you, have a nice day.

BA: This is Bruce.

AJ: Bruce it's A.J. I just heard about Malcolm.....Listen man we need to talk........

I've never been fond of the out for the season IR rule. That seems like a shame. They should change it back so that guys that don't truly have season ending injuries can return. Make it 6-8 weeks or something. More like how it used to be. Injured players that become healthy should be able to play.

I agree with this. You either have to shelve a guy for the whole season, or hold open a roster spot for weeks and weeks if you want him later in the season. There's got to be some middle ground instead of the all-or-nothing nature of IR.

unlike many on this board...I actually feel bad for dude. Getting injured isn't always something you can avoid. Blamming him for getting hurt is like blamming a football player for going out with Kim Kardashian....The craps gonna happen! It's not his fault he's got bad hamstrings. Let's see what the Coaching staff decides to do before we completely write him off, but I too think it just may be the end of days for dude!

Man...if it weren't for bad luck this dude wouldn't have any! Time to update the Madden2011 rosters!!

Devin Thomas has to be a lock, isn't he the only WR taller than 6'0".

Not counting Shay Hodge.

They should just make Devin the "big" receiver. He's 6'2" which isn't small, and athletic enough that he's probably got a halfway decent vertical. That's about as good as they're gonna get.

Archived