Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com Twitter: Malcolm REINJURES hamstring

JGordon_3

Wow, that's got to suck for Malcolm. His NFL days may be over, and injuries among other things kept him inconsistent and unable to catch on.

It's a shame there are people in this thread more concerned about kicking the man when he's down, acting almost like Kelly did it on purpose. That's the kind of ****ty attitude I'd expect from Eagles fans, not Skins fans.

Wow, that's got to suck for Malcolm. His NFL days may be over, and injuries among other things kept him inconsistent and unable to catch on.

It's a shame there are people in this thread more concerned about kicking the man when he's down, acting almost like Kelly did it on purpose. That's the kind of ****ty attitude I'd expect from Eagles fans, not Skins fans.

Maybe a lot of us aren't surprised and have disliked the pick ever since the beginning because we knew he wasn't going to hold up. It's not like the signs weren't there. Bad knees, bad attitude (remember his meltdown when he ran the bad 40), and bad speed.

As McD5 has said, the guy knew he wasn't going to make it, and just wanted to get paid. Mission successful, now gtfo.

Rule used to be 6-8 weeks IR and teams abused the rule.

I agree with this. You either have to shelve a guy for the whole season, or hold open a roster spot for weeks and weeks if you want him later in the season. There's got to be some middle ground instead of the all-or-nothing nature of IR.

Ah well, what are they really losing if they cut him? He's had more injuries than TDs, he runs like he's running in sand, he supposedly doesn't run good routes, and he may or may not have good hands which we've never seen because he doesn't actually catch many passes. He's just tall.

Ah well, what are they really losing if they cut him? He's had more injuries than TDs, he runs like he's running in sand, he supposedly doesn't run good routes, and he may or may not have good hands which we've never seen because he doesn't actually catch many passes. He's just tall.

I don't think he has had any tds at all....not even preseason correct?

Operator: Good afternoon Washington Redskins.

Caller: Hello this is A.J. Smith I was hoping I could speak with Mr. Allen

Operator: I will be happy to connect you, have a nice day.

BA: This is Bruce.

AJ: Bruce it's A.J. I just heard about Malcolm.....Listen man we need to talk........

:thumbsup: Let's hope you got this one right

I remember a thread before we drafted him where a few of us were saying how we didn't want him because, talented as he may be, he is a large WR who is injury prone which is an awful combination. Lots of people were nuts about the guy though. I feel bad for him, he can't control how his body works and how easily he gets injured. Some guys are just like that...Malcolm Kelly gets injured in practice constantly, Shawn Shpringsh would get injured by a gust of wind, and unlike those two men, London Fletcher who plays one of the toughest positions in football and is involved with hundreds of major high speed collisions per year has pretty much never been hurt in his life.

Some people have the genes for it, some people don't. Sorry Malcolm, enjoy your millions at least, hopefully you saved it all up well.

unlike many on this board...I actually feel bad for dude.

I do too…it’s not his fault. But I do blame Vinny for unnecessarily drafting a medical risk in the 2nd round. I recall Mike Mayock reporting before the draft that Kelly’s knees were so bad that some teams were taking him off their draft boards entirely. But we had to have him in the 2nd round.

..and the Redskins were among the biggest offenders. Still, that doesn't negate the fact that guys do sustain injuries that heal in, say, 6 to 10 weeks . So the choice is burn a limited roster spot for most of the season in order to use the guy later, or write off the guy for the whole year. To me there is a place for some sort of "halfway" IR rule.

And I would bet that if the league goes to 18 regular season games, they'll take another look at this issue.

But there also wasn't a salary cap at the time, which made it more abusable. Now that there's a cap, it theoretically should make it harder to abuse.

If they go to the 18-game schedule, they might want to change the rule just for that. Healthy players will be at even more of premium.

Maybe a lot of us aren't surprised and have disliked the pick ever since the beginning because we knew he wasn't going to hold up. It's not like the signs weren't there. Bad knees, bad attitude (remember his meltdown when he ran the bad 40), and bad speed.

As McD5 has said, the guy knew he wasn't going to make it, and just wanted to get paid. Mission successful, now gtfo.

You both assume the worst of a player any time they don't work out or struggle. You honestly believe Kelly only entered the NFL to swindle a team? You are bat **** crazy if you really think that's the case.

Rocky McIntosh had similar concerns with degenerative knee issues, yet he has not been consistently injured, meaning that bad knees don't automatically mean a player can't succeed in the NFL.

Plus the current issue has been with Kelly's hamstring, NOT his knees. So your "theory" on his knowing he wouldn't last based on his knees falls short again.

And what have you seen since he's been with the team that exhibited bad behavior like what you are talking about? I'll wait.

And after all this, NONE of what you said justifies speaking ill of Kelly due to injury. He got injured, and his career may be at an early end. That's a shame, and it is frustrating, but that doesn't excuse taking said frustration out on a player who sacrificed his body in a game meant solely for our entertainment, and who likely could be in a wheelchair later on.

But I guess when you paint a player in the most negative light imaginable it makes you feel like your ****ty attitude and misplaced frustration are justified. They aren't. The idea Kelly risked his knees just to get paid doesn't go with the extra work he put in, especially this offseason like going to AZ, or pushing himself to get back on the field, and doesn't go with common sense either. If he was only interested in money he'd have pulled a Haynesworth and been absent from OTAs, extra practices, etc.

Bottom line, taking frustrations out on an injured player is bogus.

Archived