Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com Twitter: Malcolm REINJURES hamstring

JGordon_3

You both assume the worst of a player any time they don't work out or struggle. You honestly believe Kelly only entered the NFL to swindle a team? You are bat **** crazy if you really think that's the case.

Try to keep up Elka:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/04/malcolm_kellys_advice_to_trent.html

The most important advice came last winter, when Kelly helped convince Williams he needed to go back to Oklahoma for his senior year, so he could improve from a second-rounder into a top-15 pick.

That story also said that Kelly's own situation had been different, since he knew he had knee issues and couldn't risk hurting his draft status by staying.

He stole a check. We were the ones stupid enough to pay him.

Try to keep up Elka:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/04/malcolm_kellys_advice_to_trent.html

The most important advice came last winter, when Kelly helped convince Williams he needed to go back to Oklahoma for his senior year, so he could improve from a second-rounder into a top-15 pick.

That story also said that Kelly's own situation had been different, since he knew he had knee issues and couldn't risk hurting his draft status by staying.

Nah, I'm bat**** crazy.

Injury prone receiver is injury prone. What a shocker. The knees are just the biggest problem, though, they haven't seen much impact for some reason. What could it be?

I hope this is the end of the era where we think we are picking up a potential pro-bowl player who was drafted late only because of injury.

Maybe we can transition that to thinking we're picking up a potential pro-bowl player who was drafted late because he smoked weed. That seems to work out better. Warren Sapp and Randy Moss's Facebook status say they like this. :cool:

Try to keep up Elka:

What a bitter and foolish interpretation. I would say you were better than that, but I know better.

Although hindsight is 20/20, it wasn’t a big secret that his knees were like spaghetti coming out of college.

I realize his latest setbacks have been hamstring-related, but your body is a system, and a problem in one part of your body often impacts another because you tend to compensate for the original problem. This throws everything else out of kilter. I highly doubt that the hamstring and knee problems are unrelated.

It’s also possible that he’s just severely injury-prone in general, which is the case with some people.

I'm a physical therapist and I can tell you that your quads and hamstrings are designed to work in concert to stabilize your knees during any dynamic activites at a 3:2 ratio. If for whatever reason you have knee pathologies or quadriceps insufficiency, your hamstrings will inevitably have to compensate.

AKA: He will probably always have this problem. He's screwed.

What a bitter and foolish interpretation. I would say you were better than that, but I know better.

What interpretation?

What about that is so difficult for you to understand?

Try to keep up Elka:

Good to know you think a journalist's speculation counts as evidence now.

And many players enter the draft early to avoid risking injury their last year in college and missing out on a big pay day. It happens in the NFL, and especially the NBA as well. That doesn't mean they know they'll be injured, nor does it mean they plan on it, nor does it mean they don't want to have long, illustrious careers.

And if injury concerns automatically eliminate a player from draft consideration uness the drafter is stupid,as you seem to suggest, then Bradford shouldn't have been taken high, nor should Adrian Peterson, and we shouldn't have drafted Rocky McIntosh.

Now how about you try actually providing REAL facts that support the notion Kelly was trying to swindle a check and knew he wouldn't last because of his knees, as you assert.

Or at least try addressing my points which refute your claim. If Kelly knew he wouldn't last and was just trying to get money, why would he have participated in OTAs and put in extra work, putting himself at risk for injury, which ultimately happened?

You're grasping at straws just to justify hating on an injured player. Nice.

Interpretation?

http://newsok.com/ous-trent-williams-trusted-malcolm-kellys-advice/article/3338969#ixzz0y7SGuvjp

"Malcolm’s situation was different, as a lot of people have figured out. Malcolm had knee problems. The reason he slipped (in the draft) is because they knew about his knee. There’s not a lot of cartilage in there,” said the source, referring to a knee injury that kept Kelly inactive for all but five games of his rookie season.

"He’s in the process of addressing it now. But had Malcolm been able to play in five games this year at OU, where would he be now? An undrafted free agent.That’s why he had to get while the getting was still good.”

I'll never understand why people get so defensive over useless players.

And many players enter the draft early to avoid risking injury their last year in college and missing out on a big pay day. It happens in the NFL, and especially the NBA as well.

Or at least try addressing my points which refute your claim. If Kelly knew he wouldn't last and was just trying to get money, why would he have participated in OTAs and put in extra work, putting himself at risk for injury, which ultimately happened?

If a player knows he is likely to improve his position by staying another year, he stays. End of story. He stands to make millions more by staying.

Kelly weighed the huge cash bonanza, against the likelihood of being able to stay healthy, and bolted as fast as he could--giving up a lot of money if in fact he really could play.

And as far as putting in "extra work", he has to be feeling guilty. That's his conscience speaking.

He swindled the team. And Cerrato, unlike many teams who reportedly completely took him off their boards, was stupid enough to fall for it.

Originally Posted by elkabong82 viewpost.gif

And many players enter the draft early to avoid risking injury their last year in college and missing out on a big pay day. It happens in the NFL, and especially the NBA as well.

Kelly isn't stupid. If he didn't participate or put forth any kind of effort (coupled with his lack of perforamance), he wouldn't be long for any roster.

Interpretation?

http://newsok.com/ous-trent-williams-trusted-malcolm-kellys-advice/article/3338969#ixzz0y7SGuvjp

I'll never understand why people get so defensive over useless players.

So Kelly purposely injured his knee his rookie year. Good to know. He probably got the idea from Rocky McIntosh who also knew he had knee issues and has been swindling the team since '06.

I'll never understand why some people can't see how disrespectful they are because they can't form any kind of criticism without adding insult.

I made this comment when everyone brought this up right before the first preseason game. Look at D Thomas vs M Kelly. Devin bulked up and trained with Chad Ocho. He obviously learned from his past that you have to stay in shape. Malcolm probably trained, but he didn't appear tohave bulked iup in muscle. SO what did he do to prepare himself and at least try to avoid injury. Typically if it's gonna happen it's gonna happen. You can train harder and reduce risk I believe. In the end, I feel bad, but dude has tp go. Free up a roster spot for one of the younger guys that can step up for us.

One of the things the frustrated me a lot with the Vinny era was that we kept drafting people or recruiting free agents with a significant injury history. It was like we were always rolling the dice that this guy would be the hugely undervalued guy and the injuries would suddenly end with us.

I think that's one of the reasons why this team always was so injured or why we never seemingly had a back up plan if an oft injured player actually got injured again. I mean who didn't know that Thomas and Samuels were huge injury risks last year? And yet, we basically went into the season with no back ups... we placed our money that they would make it through... even after we placed the same bet and lost the year before!

We drafted so many guys who were hurt and had a history of getting hurt.

If a player knows he is likely to improve his position by staying another year, he stays. End of story. He stands to make millions more by staying.

Kelly weighed the huge cash bonanza, against the likelihood of being able to stay healthy, and bolted as fast as he could--giving up a lot of money if in fact he really could play.

And as far as putting in "extra work", he has to be feeling guilty. That's his conscience speaking.

He swindled the team. And Cerrato, unlike many teams who reportedly completely took him off their boards, was stupid enough to fall for it.

How much more standing did Kelly have to improve? He was slated to go 1st round. What would you do? Risk injury in college for another year or go Pro and risk injury? Did you even consider that Kelly just wanted to fulfill a dream of playing at the NFL level? In your scenario, it is possible he saw going early was his only chance at going Pro.

The "source" of the article makes the assumption that money was the sole motivator, and you follow suit because it gives your frustration a target.

And Kelly did the extra work because he "felt guilty." Really? That's your reply? Come on. Seems to me that the Malcolm Kelly you have been describing, who purposely swindled the Redskins, wouldn't be feeling guilty, nor would he be doing things to risk the injury concern which motivated that decision.

Archived