Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com Twitter: Malcolm REINJURES hamstring

JGordon_3

can't go on PUP if you've practiced. He practiced the first day and then again today.

Yes he can. There are 2 different PUPs. He can go on the season PUP where he is out for the first 6 weeks. Thats what Im betting they do with him. After week 6 we will see how the WR group is shaping up. If they are struggling then he might get a shot. If they aren't then buh-bye!

Pathetic. Goodbye Malcolm.

Pathetic that he had the bad luck to get injured? Whatever you might think, it isn't his fault that he got hurt. It happens and it is unfortunate. We'll see how bad it is and what they ultimately decide to do with him. For all I know, the decision is that he goes on IR for a year and he tries again next year.

It sucks. I thought he was the big possession receiver that we have badly needed for years. I was a big fan of the pick.

Yes he can. There are 2 different PUPs. He can go on the season PUP where he is out for the first 6 weeks. Thats what Im betting they do with him. After week 6 we will see how the WR group is shaping up. If they are struggling then he might get a shot. If they aren't then buh-bye!

That sounds too much like a logical solution, which you damn well knows has no place around Redskins Park.

Malcolm Kelly-WR-Redskins Aug. 30 - 1:36 pm et

Redskins WR Malcolm Kelly aggravated his hamstring after returning to practice Monday.

Trainers told coach Mike Shanahan that it was a "pretty good pull," which means Kelly is done for the preseason. At this point the odds are against his making the final roster.

Source: Rich Campbell on Twitter

To do that, you have to be on the preseason PUP. We had this discussion in Kelly's rookie year. If we keep him, he will more than likely be put on IR or given an injury settlement and released.

Malcolm Kelly-WR-Redskins Aug. 30 - 1:36 pm et

Redskins WR Malcolm Kelly aggravated his hamstring after returning to practice Monday.

Trainers told coach Mike Shanahan that it was a "pretty good pull," which means Kelly is done for the preseason. At this point the odds are against his making the final roster.

Source: Rich Campbell on Twitter

Does the PUP list count against the roster?

I agree and believe this is the route they take. A hammy is nothing to play with. I tore mine before and that sh*! is painfull. Moss used to have hamstring problems all the time. I tried to come back and play before it was fully healed and reaggrivated it twice before I finally tore it. Hurts just to think about it

lots of bitterness here.

i'm pretty sure he wasn't asking to be injured. stash him on IR, or that 6 week pup list if it works.

it's a shame, but i'm not going to resort to calling him a loser... it's not like he didn't try. infact, he originally hurt himself trying out in arizona if i remember correctly...

lots of bitterness here.

i'm pretty sure he wasn't asking to be injured. stash him on IR, or that 6 week pup list if it works.

it's a shame, but i'm not going to resort to calling him a loser... it's not like he didn't try. infact, he originally hurt himself trying out in arizona if i remember correctly...

Which is why I'm hoping IR or PUP. I think McNabb was sold on him (pure speculation on my part though) and was talking him up to Shanny.

Archived