Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com Twitter: Malcolm REINJURES hamstring

JGordon_3

I dont know why Im pissed "at" MK, but I am...(And I know it's not his fault, I just feel like he got over on us and knew (admitted) he wouldnt make it another year in college ball... Im not even going to post the rest, it's been posted time and again already) Anyway, I dont see any reason to IR the guy either.. He's proven time and again that he's made of glass from the waiste down.. Only thing putting him on the IR will do is get our hopes up next year until he re-injures himself again.. IMO it's time to cut MK once and for all.. Lets move on..

the funny thing about kelly to me: if he gets cut tomorrow, and if this same situation with him happened on some other team, there would be a thread started here at 4:01pm: "x team cut malcolm kelly today -- should we take a look?"

it will go on to state part of his college bio, his stature, that he was injured, but will qualify it by saying he should only miss a few weeks... it will finish by saying he could be the big target receiver we've always...

but, since he is here, and he was vinny's pick, he's a loser and should be cut, don't let the door hit you, etc, etc...

he was probably desperate to play thursday and forced it... no need to absolutely slaughter the guy and his character...

I see no problem in wasting a roster spot on MK.

The player taking that spot would not be activated for any regular season games anyway.

If Skins make playoff run, Kelly will be there to contribute.

He is an obvious talent.

Anyone complaining about him is a dwork.

"The worst thing people do is keep a draft pick just to keep a draft pick," Shanahan said.

This really is an important quote, not just about Kelly, but as a general philosophy. It shows he's confident and secure enough in himself that he doesn't have to try and prove that he made the right pick. He's going to play the best guys, regardless of draft status, etc.

I'm curious why he keeps reinjuring the hamstring? He's got trainers. To repeatedly injure the same body part either seems like a congenital defect or his muscles in that area are unbalanced (quads much stronger than the hamstring)—as in he works out the quads way more.

Not a great example but Adam Archuleta had notoriously weak hamstrings and his trainers focused on that leading up to the draft.

the funny thing about kelly to me: if he gets cut tomorrow, and if this same situation with him happened on some other team, there would be a thread started here at 4:01pm: "x team cut malcolm kelly today -- should we take a look?"

it will go on to state part of his college bio, his stature, that he was injured, but will qualify it by saying he should only miss a few weeks... it will finish by saying he could be the big target receiver we've always...

but, since he is here, and he was vinny's pick, he's a loser and should be cut, don't let the door hit you, etc, etc...

he was probably desperate to play thursday and forced it... no need to absolutely slaughter the guy and his character...

Great post and well said.

From some of the comments you would think the guy wanted to pull his hammy again. It does look though like IR is where he is heading given he is probably not going to available for the first few weeks of the regular season and we cant afford to keep a spot on the 53 for him while he gets healthy.

Can we do a benefit to get him a hamstring replacement? On another note, im not going to say anything bad about Malcolm, the kid was given a chance and he took it, who wouldnt? Hopefully with all the talent he has, they can find away to take care of his hamstring (replacement) and have a bright future.

The real question is this....we know this is going to be a problem and now how are we going to fix this as a organzation? Im not talking about fixing Malcolm, talking about WR position period....we have Moss and a bunch of guys who still need to prove themselve's. Yes, we have good TE's but we need another proven WR to help Moss out amd give Mcnabb another weapon....i think this team is one good Wr away from being a dangerous Offense on game day. That is with us staying healthy on the o-line of course!

I cant wait to watch this team for a full 4 qtrs of football, :dallasuck

Archived