Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Plus Vermalen isn't that great to me which confuses me. Why is he being linked to places like Barca??

not Arsenal's problem. They need to cash in on dude, ASAP.

There are not many CBs available, imo. Hummels is not going anywhere and PSG signed up everyone else. Vermaelen is a wasteman, but he can at least play football which is probably what Barca is looking for.

the move is for depth. Need an experienced 3rd CB. Its a very Wenger move. The man brought back Sulzeer and brought Silvestre. Squilaci as well.

Having the best CB in the world as 3rd choice would be incredible.

So Wenger has signed 108 players in his tenure and 6 happened to be over 30. so only 5.5% of his signings have been players over 30. Not a trend, IMO.

Edited by Elessar78

Sounds like Agger to Arsenal could be a possibility to replace Vermaelen. How do you Liverpool guys rate him? I haven't seen him play enough recently to get a good feel for how he's been playing.

And please, don't give me some sarcastic, half-joking response lol

I love Agger, but he can never stay healthy. He has his pluses and minuses. He is calm with the ball at his feet and is a decent passer. His positioning is off at times and he is not physical enough. He has been very loyal to the Reds and always gives an honest effort. I don't see him playing for any other team in England outside of Liverpool. I think he will end up in Barcelona.

So Wenger has signed 108 players in his tenure and 6 happened to be over 30. so only 5.5% of his signings have been players over 30. Not a trend, IMO.

never said it was a trend.

All I said is this doesnt surprise me. He likes having experience at CB.

Howard Webb retires from referring.

England rejoices bar Manchester which is in mourning. Still unconfirmed whether Webb will be retained on Utd's pay roll or released due to no longer having a use to the club.

Hail.

That was my dude, lol

England rejoices bar Manchester which is in mourning. Still unconfirmed whether Webb will be retained on Utd's pay roll or released due to no longer having a use to the club.

Hail.

Don't worry if United have anymore success Ill sure you can find plenty of brand new excises as to why.

I gotta say I don't like Bayern's tactics with Reus.  He said he wouldn't join you so you go out and try to get people to come after his buy out clause to get him away from Dortmund by publicly spewing his contract and such?  Basically other you come to us or we're gonna screw Dortmund to get you out of this league.  Dortmund's response said it all.  Bayern and Dortmund relationship is just cribbed.  Bayern has become too greedy and honestly its not to the point they are hurting themselves because they don't want any competition at all.  Bayern really deserves a couple of champions league *** kickings for the cheap crap they pull.

I gotta say I don't like Bayern's tactics with Reus. He said he wouldn't join you so you go out and try to get people to come after his buy out clause to get him away from Dortmund by publicly spewing his contract and such? Basically other you come to us or we're gonna screw Dortmund to get you out of this league. Dortmund's response said it all. Bayern and Dortmund relationship is just cribbed. Bayern has become too greedy and honestly its not to the point they are hurting themselves because they don't want any competition at all. Bayern really deserves a couple of champions league *** kickings for the cheap crap they pull.

The entire Bundesliga is Bayern's feeder club. If Gundogan didn't have a chronic injury he'd be there too.

Hail.

Click the article. There are some good tributes to Webb inside.

http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/93992306352/howard-webbs-retirement-ignites-flurry-of-manchester?cmpid=tsmfb:fscom:foxsoccer

***edit***

This is my favorite

1407334745972_wps_17_Howard_Webb_Virals.

Edited by jobaga
  • Like 1

Didn't Cavani publicly criticize Rodgers about breaking some promise to Suarez? 

There's nothing about it on the twitter-verse or the legit outlets. More that Chelsea made a 40M bid for him this week. Are you seeing things in the French papers about this?

Edited by Elessar78

Didn't Cavani publicly criticize Rodgers about breaking some promise to Suarez? 

There's nothing about it on the twitter-verse or the legit outlets. More that Chelsea made a 40M bid for him this week. Are you seeing things in the French papers about this?

It's on most of the french football websites (I don't read newspapers). They are just relaying the info from english medias, there is even a petition on facebook supporting this transfer.

Breaking news: al-Khelaïfi just said PSG officially gave up on Di Maria, too expensive. That is not good for the Cavani to LFC rumor, but I still hope they're going to trade him.

Manchester United, Liverpool 'handed boost in hopes of signing Edinson Cavani'

Edinson Cavani slams Liverpool for breaking Champions League promise to Luis Suarez

Edited by FrFan

I was telling a friend this week that the NFL missed the boat not adopting soccer-style transfer system. If they did, they would control the sports consciousness in America for a full 12 months. 

Tom Brady to Washington? 

They need to get rid of the salary cap, it's un-american.

They said last week that Reus to Arsenal was done for 32 mil.

It's all bs. Don't get your hopes up

I'll wait a little bit more to call it bs since Reus refused a contract extension with BvD, and they already lost Götze and Lewandowski in same type of situation.

I want Cavani out of PSG, I'm pissed off by this waist of talent, that's why I have my hopes up anytime the words Cavani and transfer are linked. :)

Edited by FrFan

It's going to be Falcao.  Not bad.  I watched him break the collective hearts of Arsenal at the Emirates last weekend, while scoring the winning goal.

I'll take him over Rickey Lambert.

Would rather have Bony, but Falcao will do until we can get Origi up. 

Exclusive: Liverpool Prepare Club Record £40m Bid for PSG Striker Edinson Cavani

Hope it's true, Edinson will be a perfect fit in my opinion and for what it's worth.

yeah, you shouldnt be citing CaughtOffside for anything. Basically an internet forum.

It's going to be Falcao.  Not bad.  I watched him break the collective hearts of Arsenal at the Emirates last weekend, while scoring the winning goal.

I'll take him over Rickey Lambert.

Would rather have Bony, but Falcao will do until we can get Origi up.

lol if you really believe Liverpool will sign Falcao.

twitter rumors, lol.