Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

They were too busy losing their namesake competition with the handpicked opponents.

Sturridge is back your way, now.  It'll have to be Lambert tomorrow if nothing else. 

Loosing your OWN tournament. SMH. Big club indeed .....

Piss poor penalty from Ricky yesterday. Seems to me, even though it's pre-season and doesn't matter, he's trying too hard to get that first goal and it's affecting his whole game and confidence. God forbid he takes as long as Crouch did to get off the mark. 

Danny's injury highlights again the VITAL need for another quality striker ASAP. He really is susceptible to missing games no matter how minimal the injury. 

And even though it is only pre-season, it's fantastic to see the play from last year almost seamlessly continue into this with each passing game. BR's philosophy is fully installed in all the players now in year 3 and I don't think I've seen a tighter group in a long time. They all seem to love coming into work every day. But then as a player when your manager just lets you go out and play, attack and have fun, why wouldn't you? Ironically, I think Suarez's departure has pulled them more together. 

The rest of the league underestimates us this year at their peril!

Hail. 

Martin Atkinson stopped us from winning that tournament. It wasn't fair.

I'm gonna be at his house later tonight.....

Ahhhh, good ol' Martin Arkinson returns with a vengeance doing what he always did best.

I honestly thought that clown had retired. Must be jobbing the lower leagues since his demotion.

Hail.

Skins play Thursday...Community Shield this weekend. The football drought is officially over. Thank you, powers that be.

I get to miss tonight's 'friendly' (Yeah, right  :rolleyes:) against Utd and the Pats pre-season opener due to that infuriating thing called work. 

Screw you powers that be!  :angry:.

Hail. 

*Edit* And I'd be very grateful if either DC9 or j or anyone else for that matter would do a full rundown of tonight's ICC final for me to catch up on the way home tomorrow morning. 

Thanks and appreciation in advance. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I am on vacation and have limited access to TV. What time and channel is the game on tonight?

I get to miss tonight's 'friendly' (Yeah, right  :rolleyes:) against Utd and the Pats pre-season opener due to that infuriating thing called work. 

Screw you powers that be!  :angry:.

Hail. 

*Edit* And I'd be very grateful if either DC9 or j or anyone else for that matter would do a full rundown of tonight's ICC final for me to catch up on the way home tomorrow morning. 

Thanks and appreciation in advance.

It looks like DC has some homework tonight...

Wow a big league pre-season match that I'll actually be able to watch live on my American cable color television set.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I pray to the Football Gods that Arsenal signs William Carvalho so I can breathe easy about our defensive midfield situ

Edited by RawBBQSauce

Saw a sweet doc series thing on the top rivalries in football

Didn't realize the cultural aspect of the Liverpool-Man u rivalry

Thats what I love about those rivalries. It's bigger than just the sport. It's culture clashes. American sports rarely have that outside of maybe the flashy, NY teams against blue collar cities like Philly and Boston

• Like 1

Wow a big league pre-season match that I'll actually be able to watch live on my American cable color television set.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I pray to the Football Gods that Arsenal signs William Carvalho so I can breathe easy about our defensive midfield situ

Either one will do, but I prefer Khedira

I am on vacation and have limited access to TV. What time and channel is the game on tonight?

Scheduled for 1:00 AM BST, so 8:00 PM EST. I would imagine NBC has it again but not being Stateside best not take that as gospel and double check beforehand. 

It looks like DC has some homework tonight...

Luckily (or not dependent on your POV) Agger is missing or else we wouldn't know if he played well even if he did with that ****er doing a recap!  :angry:  :lol:

Apparently Van Gaal doesn't share our enthusiasm for this match. Said he will use it as an opportunity to let some of the fringe players show what they have.

It's a tough one as it's still ostensibly pre-season and matters little in the great scheme of things. 

That said, being as we're only a fortnight out from the big kick-off you'd think both managers would now be nailing down their starting XI's for opening day at this stage with only two friendly's left so it will be disappointing to say the least if both go with weakened sides. And that's not even starting on the rivalry aspect that means SO much to the fans regardless of the nature of the game .....

Saw a sweet doc series thing on the top rivalries in football

Didn't realize the cultural aspect of the Liverpool-Man u rivalry

Thats what I love about those rivalries. It's bigger than just the sport. It's culture clashes. American sports rarely have that outside of maybe the flashy, NY teams against blue collar cities like Philly and Boston

Two City's 30 miles apart but a MILLION miles apart in the way we talk, dress, our musical tastes, the whole gambit. When the two biggest, most successful teams in England meet, it really is an occasion when the football is secondary to everything else in many respects and sadly that all manifests itself at and around the match with some of the ugliest, vilest behaviour from both sets of supporters imaginable. 

There really is NO bigger rivalry/ hatred in World sport. City's like Buenos Aires and Glasgow might well be up there, but there's NOTHING beats a Liverpool/ Utd game in that respect. 

This may only be a pre-season friendly, but the chance to get one over the team from the other end of the East Lancs Rd. before the seasons even begun is immense.

Still throwing around calling in sick. And it's only a pre-season friendly. Go figure? 

Hail. 

Is that the Portuguese dude who struggled to crack a piss poor Portugal team this summer Utd fans were up in arms over when they heard of Van Gaals interest?

Hail. 

Is that the Portuguese dude who struggled to crack a piss poor Portugal team this summer Utd fans were up in arms over when they heard of Van Gaals interest?

Hail. 

First of all, he ain't some dude. Second of all, he did crack into the team in the WC. He's 22, built like a brick ****-house and basically plays like Nemanja Matic on steroids.

First of all, he ain't some dude. Second of all, he did crack into the team in the WC. He's 22, built like a brick ****-house and basically plays like Nemanja Matic on steroids.

He did? He only got a start the last (as good as dead) group game through injury didn't he?

Neither here nor there to me as I know neither little about him nor is he Anfield bound. I only know the reaction of Utd fans in the North West to the rumours and they weren't happy bunnies at all. 

Hail. 

Hail. 

I don't believe he saw the pitch via injury but I could be wrong. I'll take him over Khedira because of the price vs age factor but if we get both and kick tires on Arteta and Flamini, I'm good with that as well. I didn't realize Manure fans were up in arms over the potential signing. I saw many who were pretty excited but I guess the protest may have come from spending the money on Carvalho instead of Vidal...which will never happen anyway. At least, not this season.

Scheduled for 1:00 AM BST, so 8:00 PM EST. I would imagine NBC has it again but not being Stateside best not take that as gospel and double check beforehand.

Luckily (or not dependent on your POV) Agger is missing or else we wouldn't know if he played well even if he did with that ****er doing a recap! :angry::lol:

It's a tough one as it's still ostensibly pre-season and matters little in the great scheme of things.

That said, being as we're only a fortnight out from the big kick-off you'd think both managers would now be nailing down their starting XI's for opening day at this stage with only two friendly's left so it will be disappointing to say the least if both go with weakened sides. And that's not even starting on the rivalry aspect that means SO much to the fans regardless of the nature of the game .....

Two City's 30 miles apart but a MILLION miles apart in the way we talk, dress, our musical tastes, the whole gambit. When the two biggest, most successful teams in England meet, it really is an occasion when the football is secondary to everything else in many respects and sadly that all manifests itself at and around the match with some of the ugliest, vilest behaviour from both sets of supporters imaginable.

There really is NO bigger rivalry/ hatred in World sport. City's like Buenos Aires and Glasgow might well be up there, but there's NOTHING beats a Liverpool/ Utd game in that respect.

This may only be a pre-season friendly, but the chance to get one over the team from the other end of the East Lancs Rd. before the seasons even begun is immense.

Still throwing around calling in sick. And it's only a pre-season friendly. Go figure?

Hail.

There are about 6-7 players that should be nailed on as starters but I can see why LVG would want to make sure his evaluation process is thorough before he adds more players. I think the back three should get close to 90 minutes and maybe get Fletcher in there to continue to try to get him close to his pre-virus form but other rhan that why not throw some kids and rotation players in there.

Does anyone here think that LVG's 5-3-2 will work wonders for MUFC and catch on as a trend in the league?

Through the various formations we switched through last year we played three centre backs and two wing backs.

Be interesting to see how Rodgers plays it tonight and whether he matches up like for like.

Hail.

Through the various formations we switched through last year we played three centre backs and two wing backs.

Be interesting to see how Rodgers plays it tonight and whether he matches up like for like.

Hail.

LFC cetainly has the depth at CB to pull it off ha. How many ya got now? 7,8?

Hail.

4-4-2

Mignolet

Kelly, Skrtel, Sakho, Jose

Gerrard, Allen, Coutinho, Can

Lambert, Sterling

Did Flanno sleep with BR's sister or something?

And you can't tell me that this is pre-season.

It's Liverpool vs United.